For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackslice View Post
I understand the point of this and it would be amazing if people followed these beliefs but the issues is everyone needs to abide by these rules in order for them to be 100% effective and the summoner code is also in place yet people do not seem to know or care much about it either. How do you stop that 1 guy from going afk or prevent ziggs from typing an offensive comment to a dead jungle?

And when someone gets offended it all goes downhill, I think what happened is you got lucky in games and ended up getting lucky team placements to get where you are. Skill does matter always but if over 50% of games have a negative player on either team "Which is likely true." then skill increases your chances of not having a negative player but luck decides the game. Am I wrong?
the only constant in any game is you.. oftentimes people use bad teammates as an excuse for losing when more often than not their direct actions contributed a great deal to a loss.

If you improve yourself and as a player you will go up.. I mean don't get me wrong everyone has those games you cant win but consistently playing well has been proven to be good for elo since season 1 its not a new thing.

You cant control your team only encourage good behaviors by being a good leader and playing by example.. If you are the guy who is 9/0 on your team and you make those good calls you are going to be the deciding factor whether or not you win or lose 9 times out of 10.

You cant sit around and say oh my teammates are bad and i got unlucky thats why i am bronze or silver or gold.. That mentality will never get you anywhere except down or right where you are..

You need to be that factor. You need to be that tryndamere who is so fed the enemy team is so scared they immediately retreat or any other champion for that matter. You cant say you deserve higher elo and then turn around and blame elo hell or teammates for losses. Look to yourself and yourself alone.

Navarune

07-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackslice View Post
I understand the point of this and it would be amazing if people followed these beliefs but the issues is everyone needs to abide by these rules in order for them to be 100% effective and the summoner code is also in place yet people do not seem to know or care much about it either. How do you stop that 1 guy from going afk or prevent ziggs from typing an offensive comment to a dead jungle?

And when someone gets offended it all goes downhill, I think what happened is you got lucky in games and ended up getting lucky team placements to get where you are. Skill does matter always but if over 50% of games have a negative player on either team "Which is likely true." then skill increases your chances of not having a negative player but luck decides the game. Am I wrong?
While you will never be able to control what your teammates do or how they react, the point is to "not be that guy," as we say around here. Don't be the guy who gets offended, be the someone who redirects the team's attention. Don't be the guy who goes AFK because his jungler failed a gank, be the someone who takes control of his own lane. Don't be the guy who refuses to group when the other four teammates are mid, be the someone calling, "hey, let's group mid and take the inner turret."

You have to set the example yourself, don't depend on your team to be the broskies who pull everyone together. Be THE guy, don't be "that" guy.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2014

yea be "the guy" not that guy i like that **** haha

Squiddy Carry

07-16-2014

[plat border nab

Juicester

07-16-2014

I would normally agree with this post in its entirety, and last season I would have. This season, however, I am having consistent issues with atrocious players on my team. I don't mean players who aren't great, I mean absolutely horrible players who have no business being in ranked. Last season the other team had this as often as my team did, and perhaps I'm extremely unlucky with my matchmaking this season, but it's out of hand. I've even gone the route of explaining something, in a very polite manner, to someone...trying to help them out, and instantly get raged on. Or they'll afk. My first few games of the season weren't so bad, but the last two weeks has been nothing but people who don't even know how to play/build their champs.

LeaverBusterIsOP

07-16-2014

Meet me at the icecream truck, I'll buy you an icecream.

ThePreyMan PHS

07-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vualk Only Mid View Post
the only constant in any game is you.. oftentimes people use bad teammates as an excuse for losing when more often than not their direct actions contributed a great deal to a loss.

If you improve yourself and as a player you will go up.. I mean don't get me wrong everyone has those games you cant win but consistently playing well has been proven to be good for elo since season 1 its not a new thing.

You cant control your team only encourage good behaviors by being a good leader and playing by example.. If you are the guy who is 9/0 on your team and you make those good calls you are going to be the deciding factor whether or not you win or lose 9 times out of 10.

You cant sit around and say oh my teammates are bad and i got unlucky thats why i am bronze or silver or gold.. That mentality will never get you anywhere except down or right where you are..

You need to be that factor. You need to be that tryndamere who is so fed the enemy team is so scared they immediately retreat or any other champion for that matter. You cant say you deserve higher elo and then turn around and blame elo hell or teammates for losses. Look to yourself and yourself alone.
So what if you are that guy? What if you KNOW for a FACT that y'all could win the game? Even though early game was bad for the other lanes, mid game was still out of your favor, and late game you have only one top tower standing but y'all win team fights? This happened recently. It wasn't just me telling my team to stay in base and ace them. "base and ace, only way we can win,' but then that Fiora and WW go out of base up to the enemies' inner mid turret and get 2v5'd. Literally costs us the game. What about those time, ya? What do you do then?

Vualk

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreyMan PHS View Post
So what if you are that guy? What if you KNOW for a FACT that y'all could win the game? Even though early game was bad for the other lanes, mid game was still out of your favor, and late game you have only one top tower standing but y'all win team fights? This happened recently. It wasn't just me telling my team to stay in base and ace them. "base and ace, only way we can win,' but then that Fiora and WW go out of base up to the enemies' inner mid turret and get 2v5'd. Literally costs us the game. What about those time, ya? What do you do then?
Lose and take what you can from it so that next game you are better prepared to not make the same mistakes..

Solo queue isnt about winning every game its about consistency play well yourself and let the bad games go. You arent going to win every game and you cant control what your teammates do. encourage good behavoirs and ignore the bad. be a positive force

ThePreyMan PHS

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vualk Only Mid View Post
Lose and take what you can from it so that next game you are better prepared to not make the same mistakes..

Solo queue isnt about winning every game its about consistency play well yourself and let the bad games go. You arent going to win every game and you cant control what your teammates do. encourage good behavoirs and ignore the bad. be a positive force
Dammit... I wish I was playing since season 1. :-(

Vualk

07-18-2014

Bump