For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Gay Llama View Post
Informative post, good advice.

I hated solo que, because I had some terrible, terrible luck.

Almost every other game, there was an AFK on my team. I had to take break from ranked games after I have two 3v5 games on the same day.

I took the time off to improve my game play in normals.

One thing I noticed is, many of my losses, not attributed to AFKs (which is WAY, WAY too many), were due to my lack of familiarity with the chosen champion. NEVER play champions you are not confident with. It was a concept I was familiar with before, but failed to follow.

Also, in low-elo I've notice that a lot of people want to play a carry role, because they want to be the "playmaker", but they don't know how to carry. It's the aspect I improved on most during my hiatus. Getting CS and kills is important, but it's what you do with them that counts. Always apply pressure, support your teammates via roaming, and constantly be on the lookout for mistakes to exploit. As soon as you obtain any semblance of an advantage on the enemy team, DO NOT LET UP. Do not lose the momentum, use it to help your team get big along with you.
Want to get better at the game? Play all the champions

Want to gain elo? Play only one.

You are going to want to have a backup plan of course for when you dont get the role you want but one or two champions per role in ranked allows for perfection. you cant master over 100 champs it is pretty much impossible.

Pantecks

03-21-2013

Thank you, this is great advice for all of us struggling in solo Q, no matter if we truly are as great as we think or if we belong in 700 ELO.

DekonCross

03-21-2013

Here is my thing.

I try to jungle as much as possible. The reason is, I have over 70% win rate for jungle. I watch all the lanes when the enemies step out of place. I make them pay for it.

I camp lanes as needed to make sure people who were countered can get a foothold and win their lane. I rarely if ever take lane kills, unless I think that one of my team mates will die.

I have also noticed GREED kills people. I have seen a FULL team chase a teemo thats at 1\4th hp and then the whole team gets wiped cause he had his team waiting for the people to chase.

I never yell at people when they make mistakes. People are human to make some mistakes is to be expected. Some people make way more than they should. Also, I watch people pull pick order and get countered a LOT.

I have been playing support this week, so far im at 4wins 2losses support. 66% win rate. I think is pretty good for something I dont play often enough.

Now here is what I see killing teams.

Lack of communication.
Jungle failing ganks.
People over extending.
People not warding.

If im top lane and I know without a doubt that I counter the pants off my enemy and they are over extended. You can bet imma take advantage of this when I see their jungle ganking bot. Force them out of lane, possibly take the turret if at all possible.

However the incorrect time to try this is..... If you have some kills and are worth WAY more gold than your target, you havent seen their jungle, and your wards are gone, or you havent warded. Then you are like OH HOHO EZ kill for me....... Your team didnt ping and you got that tunnel vision you want that kill. Its soooo JUICY AND TASTY!!

So you go balls deep on them. HOLY CARP! mid and jungle gank you shutting you down and giving them a big chunk of gold.

People need to stop and play safe from time to time. If you need to play like a turtle and let the enemy step out of place or freeze the lanes right outside of your turret so the enemy has to push or get zoned. Then have your jungle gank and dont try to go in on them without your jungle. Unless you are 100% for sure you will get the kill and wont get ganked in the process.

Pre Game Lobby Game Loss
This is a team game dont think because your First pick that makes you better than people. Everyone is around the same elo. So just because your 925elo and last pick is 904. Doesnt mean your better it just means you won 1 more game than they have recently.

The lobbies I have been playing in I look at 1st and 2nd pick. They are no extremes between first and last picks. Just where you happen to be. It isnt like they are 1000 elo and last pick is 800 it doesnt work that way. So just stop losing the game for your team in the lobby.

Try and work out who can do what. Just because someone is last pick. Doesnt mean they can support well enough to be effective. They might only play ADC \ Mid lanes. Also dont RAGE at that person not to play ranked \ duo if they cant play all roles.

People take a liking to certain things. They practice that thing to be good at what they do. Telling someone that they are bad at a game because they cant do everything is just dumb. Cause we can put this in a real life perspective.

I work 56+ hrs a week.
If I showed up for work one day and was given a job review based upon my perfomance in a different aspect of the factory I work in. For example, I am in shipping. If I showed up and were like, based upon your last 6 months of service you suck at office work. Were not going to give you a raise because you cant do the work in the offices.

Just because their are many jobs in one place. Doesnt mean people should be able to do ALL of them. My boss cannot do my job, just like I dont try to do hers. If you put her on the floor and rated her performance she would be fired on the spot.

So just stop telling people they need to play EVERYTHING.

I play 3 roles effectively, its what I practice. This is whats known as cross trained. My main job is jungle. However I can also mid, and top decently. I know several mids who only mid and adc or mid adc top that are not worth spit jungle.

I dont have anywhere close to 1000 games played. Im not even close to 100 games played ranked yet. Maybe when I have in the upper hundreds (600+) games played. I might have had the time to play each and every role in the game to know the basic principals and how to win. What counters what, why to do it. Ect, I know this for jungle, top and mid.

Point is, stop considering that your better than someone because of pick order. Your trying to win, lack of team work, even in champion select phase of the match. Will result in a loss.

Even if your a good ADC, the person your team forced into support might have a lil resentment pent up ready to let it out and watch you die. Dont blame him, he told you he wasnt a good support to begin with...

Your a team act like it

Like it or not, no matter what for atleast the next 20 minutes of your life will be spent in a game where you have to depend on these 4 random people to make or break your team.

Stop bullying people on your own team. When you reprimand someone for a mistake. Most times they are aware of that mistake you pouring salt in the wounds doesnt help. If you dont have anything constructive to say. SHUT UP and just rage in real life. Say it out loud, you will get it out. They wont be the wiser and guess what if they make the same mistake 5 more times. kindly say something like.... "maybe you should get a ward or two they might help you out a bit."

The person will usually wont reply with something rude if you are nice to them trying to give them a pointer or two.

You may be good, but without your team your just a corpse in summoners rift. The op im sure touched on this but ill say it again. No matter how strong 1 link of a chain may be or think it is. without the others you are nothing but an easy win to the other team that has managed to work together as a team .

The give and take
Sometimes you need a lil give and take to get games won. You forcing people to play things they arent good at. Wont win a game. You trying to help the team get itself together and ready to win. Starts and ends with you.

How far are you willing to go to win a game?

Will you sacrifice the role you like to play so that someone who isnt that strong at a different role can play it. Or do you just say, man its pick order im taking w\e I want cause I choose first.

Cause your chain is that much weaker the moment you do that.

Im not saying let everyone else have their way. Im saying that people are selfish and greedy. They want what they want and try to take it from them and they will make your game horrible. Remember you can make people play something you cant make them play it well, especially if they arent that good at it.

Reporting them for w\e at the end of the game is dumb because you forced people to play a role.

Today me or my friend were going to be forced into support. Someone had already called ADC. However we explained that me and him were in raid call together and it would just be easier to If we adc\supported each other since there was no need to type. We say what were going to do and we are on the same page.

People need to get chat clients..

Raidcall, skype, Team Speak, Ventrillo (if you have a server). W\e

Not just you everyone on your team. It would be absolutely amazing if people would just post

Hey guys Raidcall server id 838293 then talk to your team. Its much faster than typing. It makes team work 10000x better and easier.

Think about the pros for a second. Do you think they spend time typing in game? Heck NO! They have headsets and talk to their team. they ALL know what the other is going to do. They dont have to guess as to whats going on.

The same can be done with skype id's vent server ips ts server id's. ECT

This will probably improve your whole game experience. Probably end up getting your team a win over other teams.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

that got serious but i like it good opionion sir.. bit long for the qoutes section but good nonetheless +1

TrojanXL

03-21-2013

bump, great read

Vualk

03-21-2013

one last shameless bump before bed

Zero Suit Senpai

03-21-2013

Nice post!

kippy ne

03-21-2013

All of the Bronze players who come to the forums to QQ about being so "stuck" and believing they could be plat league if it weren't for their "bad teams" need to read this. This is very true, blaming other people and not owning up to your own mistakes will NOT help you improve. Thank you for this wonderful post.

Vualk

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy ne View Post
All of the Bronze players who come to the forums to QQ about being so "stuck" and believing they could be plat league if it weren't for their "bad teams" need to read this. This is very true, blaming other people and not owning up to your own mistakes will NOT help you improve. Thank you for this wonderful post.
well when you see those posts link them here i wont mind

Fluffyknowsyou

03-21-2013

Amazing op, really puts things into perspective. If only more people like you made up the lol community. No that doesn't mean you gotta be eloquent,but rather, I wish more people had a cool head in a winning or losing situation.