For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeCriminale

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vualk View Post
Pray to god you are running teleport and get more fed than their carries ...

In all honesty this is one of those games you expect the worst but hope for the best. In the end you will probly lose.. But just let your team know that you need to play safe and farm for the late game. Try and coax them into roaming as 5 instead of laning.. BEcause you are obviously losing the laning phase maybe you will have better luck trying to secure objectives

Often times if you end the laning phase early it will catch teams off guard and score you some free transition kills or free objectives.. At this point you dont have anything to lose.. But everything to gain..

So be sure and communicate this to your team and become that leader and rush towers and try and catch someone important in a roam..
This is actually good advice. I'll try it out.

Kezzer

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I think it's trying to make football into a solo game. That game is fine, but it's called "catch" and it's something you do to mess around - I'd be OK with a mess-around 1v1, but never a serious game for League.

You want the game to be something different than the very things that make League engaging and sticky.
except in football you get training and a coach who yells at you when you play like a dumbass. And you will get the carp beaten out of you if you try to "report" on someone for telling you you played like a dumbass. Football is a man sport face to face and its organized. Solo queue league is a child sport with no accountability and threats of "telling on you" if you happen to tell anyone they made a bad play regardless of the tone of voice (written) used.

its apples to oranges.

i like the idea of 1v1 and 2v2.

PS: you may be a smart and successful guy but don't be Apple and assume you know better than your clients. 1v1 could turn out to be the future of your game without you even realizing it. I appreciate that you love 5v5 but the same attitude was given to 3v3 and there is quite a few people enjoying that mode alone. There are countless nights where I play 3v3 where I wouldn't have played at all if it didn't exist because 5v5 = too many random toxic players + too long games for most nights if you are pressed on time or just not in the mood to deal with toxicity. Well guess what? you make a bundle of money on me for playing 3s.

Im sure you will manage to have a big fan base for 1v1 regardless of your own personal feelings on the mode. How many people still play 1v1 street fighter? there is your answer. grab different markets...your company has the advantage, like Apple had at one time, to be on top of the moba world....dont wait until someone else come and sweep the carpet under your feet because you wont innovate (samsung)

Kezzer

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The flaws are a team game requires teamwork? I think you're, instead, expecting the game to cater just to you and your tastes. This is the exact core attitude that the OP talks about! :P
And you are doing the exact same thing but on the other end of the spectrum.
You make the game so you can afford to do that...but is it the best business decision for your company? Could the company profit from modes that appeal to both spectrum?
Are you afraid to lose too many 5v5 players in favor of 1v1? if so, isnt that the answer in its own?

LeCriminale

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzer View Post
except in football you get training and a coach who yells at you when you play like a dumbass. And you will get the carp beaten out of you if you try to "report" on someone for telling you you played like a dumbass. Football is a man sport face to face and its organized. Solo queue league is a child sport with no accountability and threats of "telling on you" if you happen to tell anyone they made a bad play regardless of the tone of voice (written) used.

its apples to oranges.

i like the idea of 1v1 and 2v2.

PS: you may be a smart and successful guy but dont be Apple and assume you know better than your clients. 1v1 could turn out to become the future of your game without you even realizing it. I appreciate that you love 5v5 but the same attitude was given to 3v3 and there is quite a few people enjoying that mode alone. There are countless nights where I play 3v3 where I wouldnt have played at all if it didnt exist because 5v5 = too many random toxic players + too long games for most nights if you are pressed on time or just not in the mood to deal with toxicity. Well guess what? you make a bundle of money on me for playing 3s.

Im sure you will manage to have a big fanbase for 1v1 regardless of your own personal feelings on the mode. How many people still play 1v1 street fighter? there is your answer. grab different markets...your company has the advantage, like Apple had at one time, to be on top of the moba world....dont wait until someone else come and sweet the carpet under your feet because you wont innovate (samsung)
Beautiful post.

Kezzer

06-21-2013

Last post sorry for spam. But my opinion on why id prefer 1v1 / 2v2 is because I find solo queue too random. I find no joy in losing because most loss are due to trolling, afking, people way under skill level either because new to game or just lower level. in any cases, there is no worst feeling then to dominate your lane and then going in teamfights and getting owned because some people dont understand them regardless of who it is.

Some like that aspect of the game, its another layer to figure out excpet if you did figue it out but the other players are where you were 6 months ago and didnt quite figure it out, well tough luck.
in 1 v1 you have full control. its not playing catch its playing UFC, Boxing, Karate, Judo, Kickboxing. Its a duel....which is probably one of he oldest "entertainment" form in history.
What you are trying to accomplish in 5s is a war without ranks, without general, without tactician where all soldiers just magically figure it out on the battle field. It doesnt work that way and it takes forever. Leave 5s for those who want to have an organised structure and give 1s for people who want to duel. there is nothing wrong with either groups. I do find there is something wrong with you being so close minded about something so many people want.

Zyrelia

06-21-2013

I deserve to be bronze, but my profile says i'm platinum. Riot pls!

Minos157

06-21-2013

TLR version of this thread

OP - AWESOME POST, full of knowledge and truth
Next few pages - Acknowledging that fact and asking some advice
Morello first post - coolness, Riot endorsing the great advice!
Next 20 pages - People *****ing that they want this team game to be based on individual skill.

Seriously, STOP complaining that a MOBA is team based. There is not a single way that I can see that a MOBA that is solely 1v1 would be in anyway amusing as a serious game at all. The whole appeal of MOBA's is the team aspect. If you can't be a member of a team then don't play MOBA's, simple as that.

And if you don't want a solo q, or feel solo q is stupid then I have a really really really easy solution, ready to have your mind blown?

DONT PLAY SOLO QUEUE.

WOAH OMG MIND BLOWN!!!!

For the rest of us we will keep enjoying our time in solo q, I for sure do!

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCriminale View Post
This is actually good advice. I'll try it out.
Hope it works out for you my friend .. Never give up never surrender.. This is spartan law.. And by spartan law we will fight.. and die

MurkyMurkMurker

06-22-2013

Lot of good advice here. You gonna turn everyone into pros with this kind of knowledge man

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkyMurkMurker View Post
Lot of good advice here. You gonna turn everyone into pros with this kind of knowledge man
Only the ones who work hard enough for it.. But yea if you want it bad enough and you know how to learn to achieve it.. Sure its possible its about time and quality training