For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frankied14

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
True, though TF2 has less "carry" potential due to some of its design though.
Normally wouldn't post on this, but after reading this comment, it's clear to me Riot is really in the dark about game design.

In a shooter, it's extremely easy to carry games. Team Fortress 2, Battlefield series, Call of Duty series, etc etc etc.... if you are good, you will go like 30-2 and carry your whole team of bads if need be. I used to do it ALL THE TIME. My win rate in shooters I cared to invest time in was easily 90%, because it actually took several people on a team to outplay my skills and cause us to lose.

This is why league gets me so frustrated. I invest as much time and effort at being good, but yet I can't get out of silver. My individual skill means nothing when my teammates are feeding over and over, making stupid mistakes, or whatever.

Let me put it this way. If I am playing a shooter, and my teammate goes out and stands in the middle of the room and lets himself get killed over and over, that doesn't stop me from getting kills, as the enemies that kill this bad teammate are no stronger. When I face them, we are on the same playing field.

BUT In LoL, if I have a teammate that goes out and dies stupidly, not only is he underleveled, but the person that killed him probably is a level up now and has a little more gold to boot. That means I have a disadvantage when I go up against him, something that doesnt exist in a shooter. If my bad teammate dies again to him stupidly, now he is probably 2 levels up and a whole item ahead. At this point, fighting him is like trying to 2 v 1, even if I was even in lane, he has a higher level, better items, and killing him will require some stupidity on his part.

Point is, league snowballs easily, shooters don't. When my teammates die, they are spelling doom for the whole team. This is why you can carry shooting games, but not League. People are rewarded too heavily with experience for getting kills. You can be 2-0-0 in lane, but if bot is 0-4-0, your boarded a sinking ship, and that s a terrible feeling.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

"wraifs" O.o

KSHarrison

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I trend to agree as a player - BF fell a lot for me after 1942 generally, but the more modern ones are less appealing overall (which a number of critiques outside the scope of this post!) to me.

It depends a lot on what their goals were, though. If it was to broaden appeal in the short- and mid-terms, then I think they've been really successful, but if it was to create a really unique or compelling series in the long-term, I don't think their newer games are well-positioned to do that.
I played 1942 heavily in high school and I was probably one of the top 50 players (medic) at some point. I played for 6thAD and 4th Inf at different points, and also played in Ghetto Berlin while it was big.

What was your name?

Ronia

06-11-2013

bamp for animal rights

BlackMystic

06-11-2013

I've heard all this before. Doesn't stop people from trolling, or akfing or just yelling at me for trying to help them. I could help my team 100 percent and lose because THEY don't care.

CorbinNoir

06-12-2013

This thread gets my +1

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinNoir View Post
This thread gets my +1
Thankyou most kindly

TSM KawaiiSenpai

06-12-2013

too bad only 20% of the community is on this page everyone else doesnt give a sht about the ban hammer

I Smell Flowers

06-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
people asking for a 1v1 don't understand the core gameplay of an RTS or its derivative.

LoL is about strategizing and counter strategizing, or it should be. The fact that there is very small cast times and not too many counter spells with meaningful effects means that even current LoL leans more towards twitch action than strategy in a lot of facets, which is a shame.

As someone who can't aim for **** due to the combo of poor movement prediction/ flawed depth perception thanks to glasses AND a laggy as **** computer, twitch action definitely doesn't suit me. I enjoy truly 'outplaying' my opponent and not out clicking them.

For me LoL offers too few of these moments, but it is what it is and at least it's playable in comparison to steam games which usually lag so much you might as well give up.
This is how starcraft went downhill. It became less about strategy, more about micro-managing, speed clicking, macro using koreans.

Vualk

06-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShambuIance View Post
too bad only 20% of the community is on this page everyone else doesnt give a sht about the ban hammer
only around 15 percent of the community has been banned before