For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CavemanOhnen

05-10-2013

so what do you do if ALL of your teammates are dicks, and suck. not saying i dont make mistakes, but seriously, when no one wants to communicate, and your team has no focus, are constantly failing ganks, and dieing by them as well, what are you supposed to do?

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanOhnen View Post
so what do you do if ALL of your teammates are dicks, and suck. not saying i dont make mistakes, but seriously, when no one wants to communicate, and your team has no focus, are constantly failing ganks, and dieing by them as well, what are you supposed to do?

To be honest you probly lose....

But the best thing you can do is roam to the lanes that are losing and try to set up plays at this point one of two things can happen you either day in which case you are still losing.. or your play pays off and you gain a chance of winning.. Defensively ward to try and stop those ganks. from happening..

You have to try and explain to your team what is going/went wrong and what they can do to fix it without being demeaning.. They may still tell you to screw off but, at least that information is now on the table. no matter what you do however you cant rage at them for playing bad it will make them play worse.. and demoralize your team

Tegakari

05-10-2013

Quote:
(i managed to get carried to plat 2156 elo on another account tho not sure how i pulled that one out but i didnt earn it believe that)
carried. riiiiiiiiight.

Alerestus

05-10-2013

But what if the issue isn't me, but my teammates? I've lost 80% of my games since I hit Plat V three days ago. My gameplay is consistently good and I pull good KDs and focus who I need to, but I ALWAYS have at least one person who feeds on my team every single game. It's infuriating to play with these people, when I started my MMR matched me with Plat III and Plat IV, now I play with Gold III and Gold II and it literally is not my fault.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPNC View Post
But what if the issue isn't me, but my teammates? I've lost 80% of my games since I hit Plat V three days ago. My gameplay is consistently good and I pull good KDs and focus who I need to, but I ALWAYS have at least one person who feeds on my team every single game. It's infuriating to play with these people, when I started my MMR matched me with Plat III and Plat IV, now I play with Gold III and Gold II and it literally is not my fault.
if you are losing 80 percent of your games the issue is definately you.. And not your teammates

Polegon

05-18-2013

What went wrong last game was 2 leavers :/

dirtikiti

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vualk View Post
The one thing constant in ALL of your games is you. It has been proven countless times that if you are good enough you will raise in points.. But truth be told who cares if you are having a good time.. Improve yourself and the points will come..

Make as many good plays as you can and all the bad plays your teammates make just sum it up as bad luck. If you are constantly looking for small ways to improve your chances of winning you will win more than you lose.

And as long as you win more than 50 percent of your games you will gain points and rise in the ladders.

Rage wont help EVER. Blaming wont help EVER.. 90 percent of the time when you rage at your teammates for something it is something that you could have prevented from happening had you kept a cool head.

Your mummy make a terrible engage and you didnt spam b pings at him beforehand YUP that is your fualt.. If you did spam those pings good for you, just sum it up as bad luck that he made the bad engage and let it go..

Control the things you can AND dont worry about the things you cant.. If you improve yourself as a player you will improve your elo. Simple as that..
Raging has nothing to do with your team winning, although it does have to do with losing. But everything you've said here does not address the fact that you can play the best game of your life EVERY single game and you can still lose due to those other four players on your team having bad games, being bad players, etc...

You can control yourself, but it has little to no outcome on the results of the game or your rank. See, in a team game, you rely on your team. And if they don't remain constant every game, no matter how much consistency you provide yourself, it doesn't matter. Show me a winner with a decent score while the other four players on his team had 1/10 K/D. You can't. Because it's a team effort, and if your team does horribly, you cannot win.

Which means the whole league system is based purely on luck. You're lucky if you get a full team of people who understand the mechanics of the game. You're lucky if they all have a decent game. You're lucky if the other team has less skilled players.

Bottom line is: Your individual ranking is somehow based off team play from 4 other people you've never met or played with before, who may not be as skilled as (or more skilled than) you, against 5 other people you have never seen play.

Sorry... broken. In every other competitive ranking system on the planet, individual rankings are based on individual performance, not team performance. Why? Because in a team game, it is absolutely impossible to calculate individual rankings solely on win/loss ratio. You can disagree all you want, but it's a simple fact.

Your play actually has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game if your match making just doesn't fall your way. In my initial placement games, for instance, I was matched against a Silver division opponent, and numerous players with 300-400 ranked wins. What chance do I have to win those games, especially when literally 6 of those games I had DC'ers, players who went 0-12, 0-10 (in the same game), people making poor decisions, etc...

So, nice wall of text, love the optimism, but the system is broken.

Thee ZerO

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes - as a skills development mode, I think this has a lot of value - though as a serious mode, I think it has no weight.

The alternative to letting matchmaking work with randoms is enforcing needing pre-made 5's (or the even more random factors of custom lobbies) instead of people being able to get in a game alone at all. Now, champ select needs some help to smooth this - we agree - but it doesn't involved removing the "team" in League of Legends.
2v2s are a very intimate and skillful gametype. I actually agree that 1v1s take away too many elements of this game, but not 2v2s. 2v2s are like beach volleyball and not like catch at all. You have to account for 1/2 of the whole team, and you need to have VERY close communication skills with your teammate -- almost to the point that you can predict one another's actions. "Double Team" is a game mode that has been popularly implemented in one way or another in most major game titles, and has been received well by the entire gaming community. It's just plainly the most intimate way to form a team, and the most fun way of having close teamwork.

I'm very sorry that you don't see it. I figured that as an experienced game developer you'd have some more interesting, insightful, and research driven things to say other than essentially "Yeahh, I'm just not feeling it and what I say goes".

But what can I say, you don't listen to anyone on the forums.

Kattron

05-22-2013

Great work. Now, off to feast on the ones who are denying the thread.

A Retarded Clown

05-22-2013

people asking for a 1v1 don't understand the core gameplay of an RTS or its derivative.

LoL is about strategizing and counter strategizing, or it should be. The fact that there is very small cast times and not too many counter spells with meaningful effects means that even current LoL leans more towards twitch action than strategy in a lot of facets, which is a shame.

As someone who can't aim for **** due to the combo of poor movement prediction/ flawed depth perception thanks to glasses AND a laggy as **** computer, twitch action definitely doesn't suit me. I enjoy truly 'outplaying' my opponent and not out clicking them.

For me LoL offers too few of these moments, but it is what it is and at least it's playable in comparison to steam games which usually lag so much you might as well give up.