For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2013

I actually firmly believe I do belong in a higher League than I'm currently in. I'm in Gold 1 right now (I was 2 wins into my Plat advancement series, then lost 8 basically unwinnable games in a row and got dumped back at 0 LP)

I won one after that and got 26 LP.

That on top of skipping Div 3 of Gold League and the fact that I'm constantly put with Platinum players and on occasion Diamond. (It's happened a few times, I got put with like 8 diamond players a few days ago.)

I'd venture to guess my MMR is a bit higher than my League. (Probably because I won ~80% of my games from Silver to Gold 1.

Those are my thoughts anyway. I generally have no troubles in games at all, it all comes down to if my team has some insanely glaring issue. (Lately been people making us lose on purpose, quitting, or shenanigans like Rengar top with teleport jungle Yi on the same team, etc.)

DeePok

05-09-2013

Bookmarked for training tips/advice.

vortical42

05-09-2013

Great stuff. It's a shame so few of the people who NEED to see this will bother to read it.

ShinonBrightstar

05-09-2013

Bump.

Redeemed In Fire

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I think it's trying to make football into a solo game. That game is fine, but it's called "catch" and it's something you do to mess around - I'd be OK with a mess-around 1v1, but never a serious game for League.

You want the game to be something different than the very things that make League engaging and sticky.
Few points:
  • It's a gross oversimplification of League to insist that 3v3/5v5 is the only real way that Depth can possibly exist. Yes, if you considered a 1v1 custom on HA now, matches are extremely often decided at champion select if you don't use mirror matches. But there's no inherent reason League is stuck being a team game other than failure to imagine a modified set of mechanics.
  • Even considering just dropping to a 1v1 scenario in League of Legends, there is far more potential depth in such a scenario than fighting games. Fighting games are largely about zone control and manipulating position; a 1v1 ARPG could potentially add lasthitting, creep control, cooldown management, and other mechanics on top of this.

You could make a good argument that I'm looking for not-league-of-now, yes. But when I'm attached to your lore and have not yet found any other interesting style of game, all I can really do is bring my desire to your attention. I hope to work at Riot someday and perhaps then I might get to change your mind.

Obtenebrous

05-09-2013

For the OP, would you ever consider tutoring me? I try my best to stay positive in games and be a team player. I make mistakes, like everyone else, of course and I try to think "What did I do wrong last game? Can I fix it next game?" etc but I'm on a terribad losing streak in ranked play. I'd really appreciate the help since I want to prove to myself I can make it into Silver.

I don't want to be carried there by any means, I just feel maybe I need someone pointing things out to me I may miss or not think of.

judgeshowtunes

05-09-2013

Quote:
Yes - as a skills development mode, I think this has a lot of value - though as a serious mode, I think it has no weight.

The alternative to letting matchmaking work with randoms is enforcing needing pre-made 5's (or the even more random factors of custom lobbies) instead of people being able to get in a game alone at all. Now, champ select needs some help to smooth this - we agree - but it doesn't involved removing the "team" in League of Legends.
I guess you could technically call it "for fun" but the Best Riven NA tournament Leaguepedia ran generated a ton of interest from both super-skilled players participating and not-so skilled viewers watching.

Seems like 1v1 mode might also generate some amount of interest. I guess it runs contrary to the "team" aspect, but it just seems like there would be major interest in it.

Or are you afraid to create another Dominion?

Tw1st3dFat3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obtenebrous View Post
For the OP, would you ever consider tutoring me? I try my best to stay positive in games and be a team player. I make mistakes, like everyone else, of course and I try to think "What did I do wrong last game? Can I fix it next game?" etc but I'm on a terribad losing streak in ranked play. I'd really appreciate the help since I want to prove to myself I can make it into Silver.

I don't want to be carried there by any means, I just feel maybe I need someone pointing things out to me I may miss or not think of.
added you in game send me a message when you are on we will see what we can do buddy

Sty

I play blind

05-09-2013

Quote:
True, though TF2 has less "carry" potential due to some of its design though.
2fort sniper

the good ones dont let you out of your base