For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delimon View Post
The spelling errors >_<

But I agree with you
The phone is silly, I fat finger too much and it should know that

LowLee

05-08-2013

When I'm tired of "just playing" ranked games and decide to win, what I do is pick Graves. I commit to bottom lane, and just keep pushing. My score looks something like 5/12/0 but I get my turrets, I get my inhib, and I get my Nexus. 5/12/0 looks much better directly under the word VICTORY!

Folly Inc

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I think it's trying to make football into a solo game. That game is fine, but it's called "catch" and it's something you do to mess around - I'd be OK with a mess-around 1v1, but never a serious game for League.

You want the game to be something different than the very things that make League engaging and sticky.
Two things I want to address here, the first adhering to your example, you should never downplay the importance of mechanics. "catch" as you call it is one of the foundations of Football. None of us can be good at the sport if we can't learn to catch first. 1v1, 2v2 have a -very- valuable place in this game. Training, Tutelage, and learning are all fundamentals of this game that are missing in virtually every way.

Second, there is a glaring problem with individual ranks in this game. It's not because it's a team based game, it's because it's a team based game where your teammates are different every game. Football lets you play with the same guys every day, but League doesn't. The men you play with are just as much a mystery as the men you're playing against. I don't know how you want to fix such a problem, but it -is- a problem.

Quote:
The flaws are a team game requires teamwork? I think you're, instead, expecting the game to cater just to you and your tastes. This is the exact core attitude that the OP talks about! :P
This statement pours from my last. But as I said, I don't want it to cater to me "necessarily". I just want it to not cater too much to match-makers whimsy.

robin alpha

05-08-2013

Extremly long, I wish I had theses marvelous tips when I tried ranked back in season 1 :3 +1 Well done bro.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin alpha View Post
Extremly long, I wish I had theses marvelous tips when I tried ranked back in season 1 :3 +1 Well done bro.
Thank you

League of Luck

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLLeaver View Post
The system for SOLO queue is beyond terrible. It's 90% luck; you are 1/10th the variable of the outcome of the game. And your ranking is based solely on W/L? HA.

I love it when I carry terrible players to a win. They get to go up, even though they don't deserve it, further proving to me how bad the system really is.
This.

This RIGHT HERE.

Bleargh

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargarok View Post
Can't carry as a main support.

/thread
I have a 70% win rate with Sona and am in a higher league than you are. And I've played enough Sona games that it isn't some weird anomaly.

Whether or not I "carry" games is debatable but I certainly win a lot more than I lose thanks to my skillz.

Rauron

05-08-2013

Quote:
True, though TF2 has less "carry" potential due to some of its design though.
Come on, yo.

tainteddaze

05-08-2013

Quote:
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

Great self-awareness and advice.
you are right it is a team game and when your teammates do nothing to help you or the rest of the team the entire time that is completely opposite of how the game should be played. I get about 60% of the games I play into people just roaming around not knowing what to do. On top of the fact they feed none stop and can't even play the champions they lock in. But no no lets blame that dude who won the lane cause he should carry every single person on the team now and they shouldn't have to try as hard as that player.

TheDancingDead

05-08-2013

Quote:
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

Great self-awareness and advice.
Make part of this a loading screen tip, please.