For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

05-08-2013

Meh, I know it's entirely possible to go up. What bothers me is that it's not possible to go down. At least not visually, I know MMR still goes down. But there are still so many people who got boosted or duo queued to a certain division then tanked their MMR to where they belong again, because who cares? In Silver I am constantly matched against Gold and Platinum V league people who are blatant proof that the system is easy to abuse (especially via duo queue), and leagues matter little.

Greatest Dad NA

05-08-2013

Keep posting guys! Maybe if we get enough Morello responses, a wild Tryndamere will appear!

Amaroq

05-08-2013

This is why I sometimes win even when I feed.

League of Luck

05-08-2013

3/0 top lane again, roamed to every other lane.

Everyone watched fights, we lost.

Please tell me what more I could have done that game.

LoLLeaver

05-08-2013

The system for SOLO queue is beyond terrible. It's 90% luck; you are 1/10th the variable of the outcome of the game. And your ranking is based solely on W/L? HA.

I love it when I carry terrible players to a win. They get to go up, even though they don't deserve it, further proving to me how bad the system really is.

LowLee

05-08-2013

I think it was Baron Nashor that once said "It's lonely at the top. If you ain't lonely, you ain't on top" Perhaps it was someone else that said that..

Kargarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Can't carry as a main support.

/thread

YellowDog7

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

Great self-awareness and advice.
How unintentionally funny on so many levels.

Thessalonike

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
True, though TF2 has less "carry" potential due to some of its design though.
I sent a ticket to Riot that I never wanted to post about because I am sure it would just get downvoted to oblivion.

This is from the original post and it goes along with the "carry" comment.

Quote:
I just couldnt understand how i was SO much better than literally everyone i was playing with yet i still wasnt going anywhere on the brackets.. Because i was in fact good i did get great cs i did win most of my lanes and i did get lots of kills and little deaths.
IMO solo queue success depends a lot on the players playing a carry champion it carry position. If they have figured all the things out that you and others have mentioned in this thread you have a chance.

Even high elo streamers mention to only trust yourself to do well in solo queue... aka carry.

So what about support and tanky mains? These champions could be thought of as force multipliers. Carry is not really the position for them. Can they stop a disaster, sure. Can they set things up, sure. Can they multiply the effectiveness of a player or team, sure. But, anything multiplied by zero is still zero.

Some people do support or tank through the ranks that's true, but I believe it is much harder for us than a "carry". If a carry does all these recommended things its much easier for them to win than it is for a support or tank to set all those things up and have nobody act on them and win.

Long story short I agree with the original post if you are talking about a "carry". If you are talking about a tank or support you are probably should set others up to carry and that still leaves you at the mercy if them understanding the original post even if you do.

Delimon

05-08-2013

The spelling errors >_<

But I agree with you