Cho'Gath and Trynd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

opcow

03-13-2013

Thanks for all the feedback. The trynd build seems pretty straight forward, it's just the execution

I've been trying out a tanky cho where I start doran's ring (gonna try shield soon) and flask, get my boots, then rush randuin's omen, followed by a sunfire cape, saving ap boosting until the late game.

I've done a point in e for farming goodness and a little poke then w and q then maxing r>w>e>q
Any opinions. Anyone think I should build some ap earlier? I've been really liking the stacked hp and def.

metere

03-13-2013

I consider myself a pretty good player, and I love chogath. My build is really straight forward, straight ap cho, without anything liek randuins or sunfires. I start out with a ToG and turn it into archangels later in the game, and I normally grab 3 pots 2hp one mana or vice versa. After that I get t1 boots and then focus on my RoA asap because it scales off of time. I often get teh CDR boots as well b/c of his longer cds. for the last three items I have been doing wooglets, rylis, and finally lichbane or gauntlet depending. the gauntlet if they are actually giving you a hard time and they are AD. and if you actually get to full build (boots, RoA, archangels/sereph wooglets, rylis and lichbane or gauntlets) and you can throw in the 500g ap pot you are not only at 800ap roughly, because of the rylis roa and your ult you should ahve over 4000hp easy. not to mention the wooglets armor, natural armor, and possibly gauntlets armor. at that point you do not need athe tank items like sunfired and ranruins b/c your q and w will be doing 1/4th and 1/3rds of hp easy not to mention your spike damage,crazy proc from the LB or IG and the roughly 1k true damage ult. When you play AP cho (much like AP amumu, my favorite way to play these two champs) they either focus you and die b/c your other two are killing them, or they focus them and die b/c you jsut did 2k+ damage in 2 casts in an aoe, silenced, knocked them up and then did a 1k true damage ult to someone, while they were focusing your team. its a win win really. I normally would level Q,W,E in that order but after thinking about it I think I am going to try leveling Q,E,W for the extra spike damage. If you play some AP cho games let me know how you like it.

Just bear in mind untill you have alot of stacks for your ult and your RoA you are not very tanky, you cant have the "ima tank!!" mind set when playing AP cho untill you have roa and 6 stacks, by that point you basically are without any tanky items assuming you're team is not very far behind

opcow

03-19-2013

did play a few AP cho games, and as you mention, he is really reliant on backup from the team and conservative play. The main problem I've been having is that, I have trouble grabbing the RoA before the ten minute mark. It takes longer if the teams are playing aggressively and pushing fights. Would it be viable to stack up on some of the cheaper ap items?

KakeManz

03-19-2013

BotRK is a situational item. Use it only when you're against health stackers, it's not an item to be rushed immediately. Focus on that pure damage output, rush that Inifinity Edge, static shivv/phantom dancer, sanguine blade.