I have troubles with Kat mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gefgarion

03-08-2013

Kassadin (post 6)
Akali
Kennen (multiple forms of stun eat kat alive)
Lux (if you wait till she pushes to your turret you can stun combo her under it, or just long range poke her)

Derpdeherpdealt

03-08-2013

The second she tries to go harass you or grab farm, DON'T LET HER. Also, always save a CC for her ulti

Excidion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Ever try Talon? If you think about it, he is essentially an AD version of Kat. He can jump on you like she can, but if u can get the jump on her first, or jump her before she has the time to finish her combo, you have the upper hand since talons is a silence. also, running null magic mantle and 2 pots would give you better sustain. also, when you have trouble against a champ, practice that champ. get some practice in on a bot game so u can learn her ranges, cooldowns, etc so you can control the timing of your own champ. other popular choices i have seen in my games are lux, kassadin, akali, and i have even shut down a few akalis with zed just by poking her down then jumping on her with his combo

oNeffy

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRslimjim View Post
Yes thanks for the replying something that I had already known, need tips for zoning or countering plox!
You just said "even if I'm next to a minion". He answered your post with a legitimate post. If you really knew that, you wouldn't have mentioned the bouncing blades in the first place.

Korentoth

03-09-2013

Play a custom game (or vs bots) and pick Kat. If you understand how her mechanics work, you'll understand what she can (and can't) do. Specifically, try to learn the limits of how far the blade can bounce, and when you play against her, stay that far away from minions. It may be farther than you think!

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Ahri

Outranges until 6

Once she hits 6, just wait until she bouncing blades you and taunt, combo her and she's dead.

Type /laugh

a sad loli

03-09-2013

Autoattack her whenever she's in range for it and push the lane.
Especially good with like lux and oriana since they have strong autoattacks.

Gandr Adderbane

03-09-2013

I actually would not recommend playing Lux against Kat, because since Lux is entirely skillshot based, Kat can Shunpo around too fast to land Light Binding, and you have no way to interrupt her Ult.

Wobbyble

03-09-2013

Katarina is my main, and I have trouble with Jayce and Diana personally. Jayce and Diana easily win trades with Katarina pre and post 6, so long as they can manage the Mana and get knock in/back off right when Kat starts her channel. Diana's shield wins her trades and Jayce's pre 6 damage output is a lot higher than Kat's.

Kat is pretty skill reliant for farming, so harass her or go in when her Q is down, or go in the moment she uses her W to last hit.

DarkHonor

03-12-2013

Diana can easily destroy kat.
Ziggs can be a viable counter if you harass with your passive early.
Morde... no explanation needed
Galio is a good option

Or, if you have an AP jungle/top then roll a bruiser or 2nd ADC mid against her. If you harass early you can shut her down easily and possibly get fed doing so. I have had some of my hardest games playing Kat against an adc/bruiser mid, had to either swap lanes or rely on jungle for support early game.