Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I have troubles with Kat mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MRslimjim

03-08-2013

For some reason whenever I play mid against Kat I always fall behind and fail. Wtf is wrong with her bull**** bouncing blade that will somehow heat seek me even if I'm to the side of the minions. By now I should know how to counter her, but it's easier said then done

Any advice please? And yes Ik stun her in ult

ROKAF JE

03-08-2013

ACTIVE: Katarina throws a dagger that bounces quickly from enemy to enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them. Each subsequent hit deals 10% less damage. Bouncing Blades hits a total of 5 unique targets (4 bounces), each striking the closest next target.

MRslimjim

03-08-2013

Yes thanks for the replying something that I had already known, need tips for zoning or countering plox!

Annyong

03-08-2013

Just play hreebeebopeia and hreebeebee all over her face when she gets close.

Gandr Adderbane

03-08-2013

Kat is difficult because 1, she doesn't rely on mana, 2, none of her abilities are skillshots, so they can't be dodged, 3, Shunpo makes her very difficult to hit with your own skillshots. The best way to counter her is a mid with long range, or high mobility/stealth to make it harder for her to target you. I'm thinking Akali might be good.

MRslimjim

03-08-2013

Yeah that is a great point she has no skill shots, so I guess if I go in I'm going in. I don't really play akali but I might have to soon

Serova

03-08-2013

Play Kassadin, Swain, Syndra, or Leblanc. She will NEVER win the lane if you play correctly.

zaroph

03-08-2013

One rule to beat cat and this rule is pretty much how to win almost all mid lane nukers like Kat.
1- CC you need a champ that has any stuns or disable or silences, this will make Kat fear you and if she is brave enough to jump to you blammo an easy stun and Kat will die.
2- Cass is a problem however her ult doesn't always seem to stun Kat when she ults so its best to avoid cass due to her aoe skill shots and ult that sometimes doesn't stun.
3- Any champ that is amazing up close to kat like swain, mord, malz or has high mobility like ahri, akali are good choices

Some tactics against Kat are to let her use her bouncing blades then move in for a attack, let her minions push up so she can't jump to them to get away. Also its best to just get out and recover after she ults instead of trying to out damage it maybe a quick flash then when she moves or its over go back in and then hit her with a nuke (do this if you don't have a stun or silence)

Other than this just learn how they play and try your best

RipGreenPotFoN

03-08-2013

The standard Kat combo is a Q, into an E and a W. If you are marked with a bouncing blade, know that she will most likely jump on you. Deny her from hitting you with a combo after her Q and you will greatly increase your chances of winning lane, simply because of denying damage.

Prof Zuhayr

03-08-2013

Kha'zix???????????????