[GUIDE] Hardcore Shadow Fisting with Akali, the Fist of Shadows

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leafyr0kr

11-02-2010

1: Rylai
2: Lichbane
3: Hextech Gunblade
4: Zhonya's Ring
5: Any armor for survival
6: Boots (Swiftness).

Not in that order. Always worked with me. ):

PS: I always start with Long Sword and 20 AP from runes, though. (waste of money b'cause of the long sword, i'm working in getting 10 AD from rune/mastery)

JezdziecBezNicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

@leafyr0kr: I've never tried hextech in a full-ap build, gonna give it a spin.

Once you collect enough runes to toggle both passives, you will feel the powah

skizbot

11-02-2010

Decent guide, but why did you respond to it on your own account and not think anyone would notice?

JezdziecBezNicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

It was a joke...

Saiyushu

11-02-2010

Quote:
Akali is a single-target champ who is not feared and has no CC.

^you could have inputted that and it would have explained a lot more about Akali than typing a wall of text.
This may sound cocky of me, but add me in game and play a prac game against me, I'll make you fear her. She has no CC, but she has absurd burst, if you're not playing a tanky char, you should be afraid.

Quote:
There is so much bad in this guide... no offense man.
I disagree, the guide is mostly fine. Bad guides are people telling you to build mostly AD or something.

Quote:
You go on and on about how squishy she is and yet you seem to make no effort in remedying that problem except by getting an early rylais scepter for the HP. I go 15/15/0 masteries, dodge yellows and MR/lvl blues. I gain a lot of early game and mid/late game survivability with my set up without sacrificing any damage.
Veigar is really squishy, are you gonna build sunfires on him? And you do lose damage when you use survivability runes over AP runes. Is your choice wrong? No, though there are multiple options to playing the char. (I've personally tried both, it's a matter of preference)

Quote:
Anything in offense tree past brute force is a waste of points, save the 5% dmg boost. You claim shes not a right click hero and yet you're forcing yourself to put points in crit chance, crit dmg, or attack speed in order to get that last pt.
True, but some of us prefer aggression over efficiency.

Quote:
I run 3 AD quints + 1 AD mark + 3/3 brute force giving me my AD passive. from there its ArP (will be replacing w/ MPen when i can afford it) marks for the boost to sheen/lichbane damage. It lets me start with a dorans shield which gives a HUGE early game survivability boost. Because of my early game staying power, i can harass quite aggressively and still last hit minions because they're going to be getting pushed back away from the creeps with my shroud + Q combo.
I personally find Doran's Shield to be a waste on akali (compared to blade), but I have to admit I haven't tried it.

Quote:
Also, sheen before rylais because you can always get lizard buff for the slow. you cant get a poor mans substitute for the added burst that sheen gives you.
You generally should let someone else get the lizard buff, Sheen does add more damage, but Rylais might be useful if your team is getting kited or if you want some survivability. It's all really situational

TLDR:
MOST OF IT IS SITUATIONAL, GET ITEMS DEPENDING ON YOUR ENEMIES AND YOUR OWN PLAYSTYLE

JezdziecBezNicka

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyushu View Post
TLDR:
MOST OF IT IS SITUATIONAL, GET ITEMS DEPENDING ON YOUR ENEMIES AND YOUR OWN PLAYSTYLE
I agree. The reason why there are multiple guides for every champion is that each player has their own playstyle. It is also a good place to discuss things, and maybe try something new. I've been experimenting with akali for a few months, so I've covered most of the possible setups and the one I described in the guide is the one I found to suit me most.

xSmithx

03-07-2011

LOL
DONT RAMBO
XDDDDDDDD
nice guide