Singed Early Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HenryF0rd

02-25-2011

So I've played about 15 games with Singed and I honestly can't figure out his early game against good opposition.

The core Singed build is: Rush RoA and boots of swiftness.

I complete RoA at around 20 minutes generally. It's an expensive item and my lane presence is weak at best.

If I my team can handle my weak ass Singed early game then late game I come alive and kick ass. But over and over my team collapses early since I have nearly no presence till RoA at least.

I think the real problem is my lane phase is unbelievably weak if I am playing against people who aren't newb. Generally I'm getting harassed to high hell and have to blue pill multiple times in lane. I have pathetic CS and am frequently under leveled.

I think Singed is a great champ and I want to play him but I've lost something like 12 of 15 games, in a row. About 2/3 of those losses were my fault.

He has no harass, no ranged attack, and is actually fairly squishy before 6. With all these strong early game champs lately - is his early game just too weak - or do I just suck?

Also note - this account isn't my main. I just use it to try out new heroes. But even with this newbie account, I am still not carrying games with singed. It's just bad. I changed my build significantly from the one used on this account. Again, rushing RoA as per standard Singed.

Please help, I don't want to give up Singed, but I can't handle having zero impact on the game till 20 minute mark.

KurbyFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Tower hug, when opponents are close, activate poison gas (Q), fling (E) and slow (W).

EQQWQR

Get regrowth pendent first and a mana pot.

Ghost + Exhaust/Ignite/Cleanse (I've been using cleanse lately, saved my ass a lot)

Singed is by far my best champ, I love him to death. If I have decent teammates I generally always win. Just know when to engage in battles. It's not that difficult to farm with your poison gas/harass at the same time. When all your creeps are gone, just activate your gas for a few seconds and run back towards your base and just keep repeating that. It pisses opponents off a lot.

Winter Dark

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurbyFX View Post
Tower hug, when opponents are close, activate poison gas (Q), fling (E) and slow (W).

EQQWQR

Get regrowth pendent first and a mana pot.

Ghost + Exhaust/Ignite/Cleanse (I've been using cleanse lately, saved my ass a lot)

Singed is by far my best champ, I love him to death. If I have decent teammates I generally always win. Just know when to engage in battles. It's not that difficult to farm with your poison gas/harass at the same time. When all your creeps are gone, just activate your gas for a few seconds and run back towards your base and just keep repeating that. It pisses opponents off a lot.
All of this is great advice and how I run Singed as well. Having a good, ranged laning partner helps alot, but any carry is what you are looking for more so than support. Use the brush and as stated, run in and back to have poison activate on creeps, etc.

Use of slow into an area you plan to run is important for laning vs anyone as it makes them less likely and able to chase. Finally, FLING! So much fun, usually toss them to partners, your slow patch, or, better yet, into towers. Fling hurts them a bit, fling and run though, fling and run.

Ghost/Cleanse are important. And after RoA and Boots, I always Banshee's, then Rylai's. The stats are nice, but the status protection is huge for survivability and being able to move, which is what Singed is all about (hence Cleanse).

Farming for Singed usually comes mid game-ish. With poison leveled to 4/5, you can basically run by a wave, run back, and the wave will be dead soon enough. Rinse, repeat, profit; just don't let your teammates suffer if you are farming or pushin a lane fast.

Singed is fun, scarey for many, reckless at times, but fun. Enjoy.

Hottchix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Rod of Ages is a good item on Singed but I feel like it's over-rated, especially compared to Rylai's. It isn't much more health and the slow on Rylai's is amazing for everything, and you shouldn't have mana issues after you get a catalyst for BV.

Regrowth + mana pot > catalyst > Rylai's

With regrowth it's ok to take a few harass attacks when you run out to poison the creeps because you'll be back to full before the next wave and the enemy can't follow you once you start running anyways.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=531813

HenryF0rd

02-25-2011

If I get a super pro lane partner then things are fine, I can fling enemy around and maybe grab a first blood even. But if my lane partner is weak or even just mediocre it seems like my lane fails every time.

Should I expect to just be extremely wimpy and fragile during lane phase or am I just doing it wrong?

I don't like RoA either, just because I feel like its too slow for most games - so often things are already decided by 20 minutes. I feel like I need something much faster.

I am sick with his late mid game, pushing lanes, running around poisoning 2 waves in one pass. Forcing enemies to reposition all the time, awesome. But I just can't get to that point in the game without costing my team a loss far too often.

Kikhan

02-25-2011

I usually start with ruby crystal as first item. Ya without a strong lanemate early laning can be a pain. Just wait for an opponent to get at that range where they are close to the tower andthrow them into it. If they are melee then it has to be just outside the range of the tower. If it is ranged you will likely hve to wait till they are at the tower. As they tend to want to shoot you and will run so hopefully you have some speed advantage built in your set up.

Generally it sounds like you have the tactics idea on what you ned to do but, just may need to practice or be more familiar with your opponents.

Korath Arcolite

02-25-2011

If you're good with Singed RoA is usually done (with boots1) by 15 minutes.
I run exhaust/ghost with 9/0/21 masteries. Runes are flat HP yellows and quints, Mpen reds, ap/lvl blues (or cdr/lvl). My starting items are a mana gem and 2 health pots.
Usually you want to haunt the bushes, floating near the rear of the enemy creep waves. Pop in an out and last hit creeps when you can. I usually lane with a carry who has a stun or snare (Irelia, Panth, Jax, etc) and very often score first blood by being very aggressive. Use goo semi-randomly to keep them wary, communication with your lanemate is important or you can find this tactic backfiring.

Singed can get pushed around by certain champs early, if this is happening, try tower hugging or get right in their face and force a fight. One of the things Singed requires is a bit of an attitude of unstoppability and recklessness, put the other team off their game and dominate!

HenryF0rd

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath Arcolite View Post
If you're good with Singed RoA is usually done (with boots1) by 15 minutes.
Getting RoA @ 15 means something like 70 cs by 15 minutes in a dual lane. Is that really a realistic goal - or is that a "I am utterly dominating lane and 4/0/5 before creeps spawned" goal?

This is really the heart of the problem I'm having, last hitting is nearly impossible without taking poke damage unless you're dominating lane - and those pokes add up fast especially since I have no response except running forward and getting kited. I'm SURE that I'm playing singed wrong in lane, but I just played a game with me and Blitz vs a GP/Mord and we gave up kills 3/1 outside of a jungle gank. I gave up first blood.

Given, my blitz missed every single grab - except the one that got me killed. He was not a very good blitz, but I've never had a fail lane with a blitz before. We won the game, and I dominated the map mid game because of mobility - I kept splitting up their team. THIS part is why I love singed, he can completely **** up enemy coordination.

In terms of support/tank I also play Alistar/Cho, both of them have dominating lane presence so maybe I'm spoiled. But, realistically, should I really be expecting first bloods and RoA @ 15 minutes, or should I just be hugging tower and hoping they over extend?

If I am screwing up and should be expecting a strong lane then I will work on that - but if its just not realistic without an amazing lane partner that basically carries you in lane - then I will accept just sitting on defense hoping they overextend.

A little more feedback would be appreciated.

CapTortuga

02-25-2011

My first advise is for you to forget on rellying on the lanemate for being effective. Singed can be a great 2v1 solo and if you have a mediocre lanemate shouldn't be much of a trouble. If you can hit some kills is great, singed is a great firstblooder too, but you dhouln't focus the game on that. I'll try to answer some of your problems with my own playstyle and exp. which is by no mean the only one or the best.

a) survivability: Rushing a RoA is not an easy move, specialy if you're low level. With runes and masteries comes easyer, but still requieres some skills on the chemist. I would recomend, as many have said, getting a Regrowth pendant at startup. About RoA: It seems like you dont are much a fan of this item. Ii's quite good, if you're into AP, but If you feel like playing a "heavy tank" you could think in a warmogs instead. As I say in a guide, if you think about it Counting our passive, RoA gives us 811.25HP for 3035 while Warmogs gives 1370 for the same 3000, both at full stacks. If you still want the RoA, use the regrowth for a FoN latter.

b)About farming: Smoking minions seems to be a good idea, is a great farming skill, but only on mid-late game. Early game you wont get an easy last hit from smoke and you will get into the enemy line on fire. So don't do it. I normally stay behind minions trying to get a last hit by simply comin in hit and out. Master this, is the way most champs should play. This way, your enemy will push and OE. Once the minions get into tower range, go and smoke them, this is far more sure to give you a poison last hit. This also leads to the next...

c) get them OE: your main advantage early game is near your tower. Get the enemy to OE and you could get to fling them into the tower. As I say on b) you should smoke the minions once they reach your tower (it protects the tower and gets you gold/xp) but also tempts them to come and harass, giving you the chance mentioned. If they are a little smart will run away from you leaving you unharmed to farm. If you manage to have good teammates, can secure a gank by glueing them when the ganker starts the run towards them. and flinging theyr scape.

That covers my eary game advises. Any question I will be following this thread next days.

I pwnz u now

02-25-2011

Building a Warmog's on Singed is monstrously ******ed, don't listen to the idiot above me.

RoA gives mana (and I find a large mana pool something of covenience in midgame, when you have that RoA). The 80 ability power actually gives ALOT to Singed's Trail and Fling.

I always get a Rylai's, it makes you the king of CC and able to chase anyone.

Early game:

Use gas only to get that one tick that will help you last hit. That or use it when you want to go back to push the lane to the enemy's tower.

1) Solo lane, against ranged champs. Get that doran's shield or regrowth pendant. Turtle like hell. There's no way you're killing pre-6 those if they play smart and are good at kiting.

2)Solo against melee. Get either Dorans/Pendant or Boots if you're confident you can outlane the champ you're against. Boots help in getting early kills.

3)Duo lanes. Those can go pretty gay, but you should be able to turtle well enough 'till 6 when you're getting that early kill. Ranged characters are usually squishy.

20 mins for a RoA is kind of slow. You may go for catalyst and then a giant's belt. Finishing up with a Banshee's veil and a Rylai's.

My best Singed advice would be to play TT. You rape so hard it's no even funny. I've only died against a Trynd solo in my last 30 Singed games /I was somewhat high that night though, derp/. Grab solo lane, get to 6, have boots, gank bot HARD.

Always, always, always get Cleanse and Ghost. Those two make crazy play REALLY forgiving and can result in you actually doing the most damage out of your team in a 5v5. I usually am so tanky by lategame that I dive in for the carry while gasing everyone and scattering the other team. From then on you pray your teammates aren't totally ******ed.