Consecration

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wild Panic

Senior Member

03-09-2013

yeah....while we're on the topic, Soraka's passive isn't the only thing that needs attention, there's a lot of work that can be put into her to make her interesting because frankly, compared to contemporary champions, she doesn't mathematically do that much...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mango027

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
when you put it that way, please don't change Soraka's passive


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yiyas

Junior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Panic View Post
yeah....while we're on the topic, Soraka's passive isn't the only thing that needs attention, there's a lot of work that can be put into her to make her interesting because frankly, compared to contemporary champions, she doesn't mathematically do that much...
She doesn't do that much whether you do math or not. High mana costs, high cooldowns and heavy item dependance make her a very difficult pick to win with. Now, it may be hard to 'lose your lane' with Soraka but as soon as the tables are weighed even slightly in the enemy favour it's extremely hard to pull back. If they can burst you down from 100-0 in one, there's nothing you can do next time to prevent that. There's also a lot of counter tactics to Soraka, such as focusing the non-healed guy, waiting out the silence and not tower diving. "Pro" tactics, I know.

Add in that it's rare that another lane will not fail means you need kills to keep up in the game as a whole, which is hard for Soraka to obtain. There is little 'plays' to be made with Soraka, and taking a purpose that stands out in the game is difficult without a lot of items.

I've had some good laning success with Soraka&Quinn lately but outside the laning phase it was impossible to win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenEggsAndSLAM

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
I want to know what you're smoking, because I forgot that Nami had a passive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2013

16 MR in an aura is near broken at all points of the game, idk what you people are talking about. That's more than half the MR aura of Bulwark, and more than half of some people's natural MR. Her passive is huge and if you never notice it you just suck balls at math and recognizing when magic damage probably should have killed you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndSLAM View Post
I want to know what you're smoking, because I forgot that Nami had a passive.
This, her passive is so meh and unnoticeable. Just underpowered version of what Janna brings, which I definitely notice because its on all the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylum Lux

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
isn't 16 MR pretty strong early game?
18 MR is decent in laning phase. Well, it would be if bot lane dealt primarily magic damage, which it doesn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenshyo

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives
I both agree with this and disagree with this. While I do agree, that Soraka does have a bit harder time pulling off those cool/clutch plays. But her job lets her allies make the plays, and with that in mind, if she heals are the right time, she gives her ally that "second wind" and they make the play. That play could only have been made, thanks to Soraka.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheap0

Senior Member

03-09-2013

If this thread hadn't become about Nami's terrible passive after CertainlyT's comments, I would have been disappointed. Thanks for standing up for my favorite champion GD <3.

The theory behind it is nice, but its power is so low that it basically falls flat and feels terrible in use. Needs to either last longer or be more potent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awesomepenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.

nooooooooo dont change my soraka passive! how will i have that starting advantage with ap mid soraka now?! ap soraka too much fun and needs this advantage for mid . you guys already changed my soraka from her former glory... last thing we need to do is get rid of or change her passive. she doesnt need a new kit or rework or anything else that other people are saying