Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Consecration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

03-08-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
gives allies a large mr buff by autoattacking them (no damage of course) take this banana friend!

DraegonSpawn

03-08-2013

I think Soraka is fine all in all, though she is a little underpowered most of the time.
Nidalee can easily get a higher heal score, and she only has one heal and is an APC (Nidalee's heal has nearly twice the AP ration and 1/3 the cooldown). I think all she needs is for her W to cooldown faster with levels and simply be a little easier on her mana. That would make her feel like a healing force in the late game stage. Where she typically heals a carry and runs away right now.

I think W could help more with cooldowns of 20/18.5/16/14.5/13 (1.5 off per rank) and a mana ratio of 80/105/130/155/180 (5 less per rank as you have it). Currently she casts heal once, and can't help her team again for 20 seconds. There are ultimates with faster cooldowns. Lowering heal value by 10-1515% would balance this out.

Not a game designer though (but plan to be)

Tigrian

Recruiter

03-08-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.

Do you know if there's any plan to rework Soraka's kit at some point int he future?

Loliwag

03-08-2013

Although I recognize it as off topic to the main point of this thread, I also have to chime in and agree with the several voices that disagree with CertainlyT's description of Nami's passive. It is incredibly underwhelming.

Zeypherous

Recruiter

03-08-2013

Perhaps a visual aspect to the passive? Like a floating sigil or a whispy shield, maybe just a white circle line around their feet?

Yiyas

03-09-2013

Any word on the harsh itemisation of Soraka?

My main issue with playing her is having mana issues while needing high cooldown reduction to heal effectively and tankiness to utilise Q/not die easily. Add in buying sightstone+aegis and that starts to cost far too much. Compare this to initiation style supports, who you can build/rush complete tank on (while not necessarily needing tank to make a difference with baseburst/stuns/etc) and seldom need mana over a long period like Soraka. Compared to Janna who with no items can cancel an entire teamfight, the reward of Soraka is comparably low especially in a teamfight situation.

ElementzPRO

03-09-2013

The problem with Soraka is that she is designed around a mage centric meta.

Soraka gives mana which is very useful with champs like Anivia or Karthus who can actually run out. Soraka silences which is strongest against mages. Soraka increases MR which counters mages. Soraka gives a burst of health which helps counter burst. Soraka also reduces MR which helps mages. The only part of Sorakas kit that helps against/with full AD teams is the armor bonus on W which can be avoided by simply waiting it out and attacking someone else.

AIexanderNW

03-09-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

I dislike all these ideas in general about some things being "unnoticeable" or "giving invisible power". Nerfing or removing something solely because of that is merely praising the lack of game knowledge and inability to take these things in consideration.

Whyumai

03-09-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

You cannot be serious. Player don't even notice Nami's Tidecaller's Blessing when it's cast on them and that applies Nami's passive as well!. Nami's passive is not noticeable in game. Anyone you thinks that Nami's passive is noticeable in game is on crack, trolling, or both.

tl;dr: Riot's gonna nerf bat another ****ing support champion. AGAIN.

Ansaa

03-09-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

Nami's passive is pretty meh. Her spell costs are high (Usually I get a Chalice/Mikaels if I want to be aggressive) which means her passive can't be used that much. If it gave the same reduction to her enemies (when hit by W, since Q stuns and others slow) it might feel better. People rarely notice it anyways or appreciate it... Its so little, lasts for 1.5 seconds...