Consecration

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0QPe8VDDB3

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
Nami's passive isn't very noticeable either; the effect isn't strong nor does it last long, and the particles are subtle.

AlTheCake

03-08-2013

Quote:
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
Sorry but 30 MS for 1.5 seconds (Nami's passive) is almost unnoticeable and is one of the reasons I hate playing Nami, she barely even has a passive.

ohdatLass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
But, I don't care if meatheads who can't think for a few seconds about the value of free defense don't like it.

Voidgolem

03-08-2013

free aegis aura.

as far as passives go there's significantly worse ones out there.

it's just balanced by the whole "is on soraka" thing.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Soraka has one of the better passives in the game, all passives considered.

Talamare

03-08-2013

16 MR for everyone is godly, both early, mid and late game

It is easily one the strongest passives in the game, potentially even overpowered

I swear, you people sometimes...

"Anti magic sanctuary"?

Are you kidding me?
Are you suggesting something like +100 MR late game for everyone as a passive?

ffs

Raptamei

03-08-2013

Quote:
Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice.
I totally notice the 45 units it moves my teammates before Xin uses his 650 range gap closer on them.

Nilous7

03-08-2013

Quote:

What is your opinion of Fiddlestick's passive?

LitterBug

03-08-2013

Bulwark's bonus gives 10 armor + 30 MR + 10 health regen
Also, Bulwark is thought as too strong...

Soraka's PASSIVE gives 16 MR. For free...
If you think about it - that's pretty OP.

Tortferngatr

03-08-2013

Quote:

Could I give a suggestion?

Why not make it so that her W modifies her next autoattack to have increased missile speed/range and either target an ally (healing them based on her AP and AD while boosting their armor) or an enemy (harming them, perhaps reducing MR, and refunding part of the mana cost) and leaving behind an Iceborn-proc-like MR field that boosts allied MR?

It would give Soraka an interesting way of utilizing Sheen/Lich Bane/Frozen Fist (or Iceborn Gauntlet for all you squares out there :P) and make room for a more interesting passive (perhaps making her movement speed increase for a few seconds and lower her non-ultimate cooldowns (including item cooldowns) whenever she heals an ally? Health regen aura that scales with Soraka's AP (once Heimerdinger gets his rework)? Might make Mikael's Crucible a surprisingly interesting item on Soraka, seeing as she's already meant to be the ultimate healer for her niche.)

It would also give her an interesting role alongside melee carries/bruiser bots/Quinn, just as she already has an interesting role alongside AP DPS carries like Karthus, Cassiopeia, and Ryze.

I find Soraka to be better than Taric in terms of active gameplay, but she's still not a very fun support.