Consecration

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exort Quas Wex

03-08-2013

That's Soraka's passive. It increases ally's magic resistance by 16 in a 500 radius.
There two main problems with it:

1. The bonus amount is flat. It never increases and it's barely noticeable in the late-game. Supports are very reliant in their skills to be effective and it's almost a skill slot gone to waste, considering late-game numbers.
2. The range is terribly short. Heimerdinger's Techmaturgical Repair Bots has a range of 800. Most aura items have a range of 1000~1200. 500 is just a bit more than Sunfire Cape's.

Either it should scale into late-game, making it so allies near Soraka fell like they're in an anti-magic sanctuary or the range should be increased, so Soraka doesn't need to be leading the charge for the buff to affect the ones it matters most.

MASTER EDIT: Just gotta thank whoever fixed Consecration's radius at the wiki. I tested it and I can confirm it has indeed a radius of 1000 (and diameter of 2000). http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...&oldid=1658459

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

isn't 16 MR pretty strong early game?

The Best Lulu NA

03-08-2013

if they gave it scaling it would have to be nerfed early coz its quite good early

Exort Quas Wex

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
isn't 16 MR pretty strong early game?
It is. It makes AP Soraka the worst nightmare of aggressive AP mid laners, because you can't push her out of the lane unless a jungler helps you burst her down. As for support, I don't think you realize how short is a 500 units radius. It's half of Sona's auras.
I don't think the amount is insignificant, but the radius is. And if the radius should be kept, then the boost given is not enough to justify the weird positioning required during teamfights for it to work. If the range is to be increased, then the bonus could be re-scaled to 10 give a boost of 5 at levels 6, 11 and 16, resulting in 25 MR late-game(or maybe less, numbers can be tweaked).

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

03-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.

VoidInsanity

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
Cause 50% all of the MR Shred (25% for minions) by Starfall to be bestowed upon allies and yourself in that aoe. The more MR Starfall shreds, the stronger the Aura. IE, Shred 80 mr total then the aura is now 40 mr.

Blaster

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
Taric's passive, janna's passive, fiddlestick's passive, i'de say about 2/3 of supports have an active passive, with about half of those actually focusing on their passive, where as the other half just do natural stuff and their passive works, like alistar hedubt pulve then autos, or leona/lux spell damage then naturally autos,

so only 1/3 of supports even have a passive that really involves gameplay.

and im fine with that.

Foxxle

03-08-2013

Soraka goes botlane against an AD carry, so the passive isn't all that great. Her armor buff is great though.

Blaster

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxle View Post
Soraka goes botlane against an AD carry, so the passive isn't all that great. Her armor buff is great though.
i'de say about 90% of supports do magic damage.

and about 80~90% of those supports do enough magic damage to warrant running magic penetration.

and if you are an adc playing agianst those supports, like zyra lux alistar blitz fiddle sticks leona taric sona ECT.

you run flat mr quints.edit: meant blues.

meaning mr is a valuable stat, enough to warrant running flat 13, so that soroka passive does. help.
alot.

especially if your adc doesn't know that he should be running flat mr in most matchups bot lane.

RG Stylus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

What you could do to help feel the passive is to improve it visually. I'm talking redesigning the icon to picture some sort of light blue rings given to allies in range. That would give you the satisfaction to know it's there helping by seeing something. Just my 2 cents

12345 ... 6