5 man team SETUP discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogojam View Post
Not enough damage in team fights, you'd have to just hope the other team was dumb and didnt focus fire.
You have enough speed in there to pick your fights, enough crowd control to focus one guy where you want.. and after that you chase them down.

Rudeboymike

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
1. Udyr
2. Heimer
3. Eve
4. Old Ryze
5. Janna

:P
**** if we can use old characters:

1. Old Heimer
2. Old Corki
3. Old Ryze
4. ???
5. Old Profit

DaGhost

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecw88 View Post
i love how none of yall have mundo in there, hes pretty much the best tank in the game next to chogath
buwahaaha. Mundo is still ignorable in team, not as ignorable but still not priority. Amumu rapes him as a tank

Rudeboymike

12-04-2009

What benefit does Mundo offer in a team battle? Hes a tank... i get that... but what makes you not ignore him? A tank has to offer something for the team aside from a lot of HP.

Their are really 3 main 1800+ ELO comps I can see. Mass AOE, 4-Tank+Soraka, and DPS carry. They play like a big rock-paper-scissors battle. AOE beats carry, Carry beats Tank, Tank beats AOE.

Mass AOE:
Mummy
Nunu
Fiddle
Nasus
Pirate

4-Tank
Blitz
Soraka
Chogath
Nasus
Nunu

Carry
Bloodrazors + Last Whisper DPS

Granted each of these teams can have things subbed in an out of it, but its the basis of the comp with the most non-interchangeable characters to the top.

JunkRamen

12-04-2009

I play with 4 other friends and I'm still trying to figure out who to play for my team. So far we have:

Amumu
Anivia
Katalina

Who are pretty much unflexible. My friend and I are looking for heroes to fill the other two slots. I'm guessing one physical carry and another tanky character. I'm currently looking at Nasus, Malphite, and Kassadin while my friend tends to like physical carries. Any suggestions?

Rudeboymike

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
I play with 4 other friends and I'm still trying to figure out who to play for my team. So far we have:

Amumu
Anivia
Katalina

Who are pretty much unflexible. My friend and I are looking for heroes to fill the other two slots. I'm guessing one physical carry and another tanky character. I'm currently looking at Nasus, Malphite, and Kassadin while my friend tends to like physical carries. Any suggestions?
You have 3 wonderful AOE characters. Play off those roles. An initiator like malphite would be great. Also more AOE is never bad. Now which AOE is best depends on how rounded or directed you want your team to be. A fiddlesticks offers much more dmg, yet Nasus will add to the tankiness of your team. Nasus can somewhat be built and played like a carry. So those are my two recommendations, since youve mentioned them.

Hique

12-04-2009

Anyone team without Malphite isn't a team.

XrBob

12-04-2009

My question is when you are doing solo queue, do you look at who the rest of your team is picking and change your hero based on that? I usually like to play casters the most, anivia and morgana are my favorite. Sometimes though it looks like everyone is picking ranged characters or squishy characters and I feel like I should pick a tank like malphite or blitz. Do you go into solo queue with a set champ in mind or do you sometimes change based on how the team looks?

Quick rant though, I don't mind losing so much, I just hate when a team doesn't communicate. I try to talk to them and do some planning before game and encourage strategy but nobody responds.