Halloween Skin: Wolfman Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WC3betterthanSC

Member

05-02-2013

Draven Draven

Draven disguised as Draven

riot plz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC3betterthanSC View Post
Draven Draven

Draven disguised as Draven

riot plz
Well at least this gives me something to reply to.
It's really quite disrespectful when people give out other skin ideas in a thread trying to get across one skin idea, but I don't feel like getting into a long, complex argument with anyone, so... thanks for the bump.

Edit: No new announcements - it's likely I'll end up posting the WIP for Whirling Death since I'm not sure I can finish it in the next couple days, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BleuHighwind

Member

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypatrol View Post

Removed Hidden Passives:
(These hidden passives were removed due to community commentary pointing out that they would make the skin unfair.)

"Lunatic": Gains 1 bonus AD when on the same team as Diana.

"Pack Hunter": Gains 1 movespeed when a nearby allied Warwick's "Blood Scent" is active on an enemy. (Thanks, DerAlptraum, for the suggestion!)

When Draven kills Vladimir, or Vladimir kills Draven, the killer gains an additional 2 gold. (Thanks, Midnight Firefox, for the suggestion :])
The only problems with these I can see are that......well.......Lunatic. With a lot of attack speed, 1 AD *can* make a difference. Zyra and Sion have the 2 extra gold when killing each other, and Zyra and Maokai have the extra movement speed, although this one is harder to get.

Unless that's the problem, that it looks like you are copying Zyra's hidden passives.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Sorry I'm posting again so soon, but here's the wind up and after the initial throw of Whirling Death.

Attachment 677098

Basically, the initial throw is pretty normal, but the animation for after he's thrown his axes has some slight changes. For a split second he goes to all fours before standing back up. I feel like the animation for the actual *throw* of the ultimate has some pretty cool potential, taking aside the potential for some badass particles on the axes themselves.

Speaking of particles, I don't know that I'll color the entire image, but I'll certainly at least color the axes so you guys can see the particles I have in mind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuHighwind View Post
The only problems with these I can see are that......well.......Lunatic. With a lot of attack speed, 1 AD *can* make a difference. Zyra and Sion have the 2 extra gold when killing each other, and Zyra and Maokai have the extra movement speed, although this one is harder to get.

Unless that's the problem, that it looks like you are copying Zyra's hidden passives.
Well, other than the AD passive, which is understandably potentially unfair for the reason you just stated, the other passives are in theory fine for *champion* specific passives, but not *skin* specific passives, as was pointed out to me. It makes the skin feel almost superior, which is understandably unfair and annoying. So that's more of why I recalled those ideas. That was something I overlooked when I implemented my idea originally, and the two community ideas afterwards.

Edit: I added the Whirling Death WIP (well, a quoted version of my post) on the op so that people who don't feel like sifting through pages and pages of posts to see it don't have to despair. Lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazeMalefica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-03-2013

I love the hidden joke with Diana and the axe indicator!
About the hidden passives, maybe he can howl and say something when an ally's Warwick Blood Scent activates?; And get a special animation when the game starts if there is a Diana in your team (along with a special icon like those "this unit is a flipping ninja")
Man you have updated this thread so much, I admire all the work you've put into this!

Ninja bump for this awesome skin idea, totally getting it for halloween!.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeMalefica View Post
I love the hidden joke with Diana and the axe indicator!
About the hidden passives, maybe he can howl and say something when an ally's Warwick Blood Scent activates?; And get a special animation when the game starts if there is a Diana in your team (along with a special icon like those "this unit is a flipping ninja")
Man you have updated this thread so much, I admire all the work you've put into this!

Ninja bump for this awesome skin idea, totally getting it for halloween!.
You are awesome. I am a huge admirer of your work, so to get comments like this from you really brightens my day ^_^
As for the hidden passives, some "vocal"/emote reaction with Warwick for the hidden passive was my original intent, I just wasn't exactly sure what to have him say or do. With the rejection of the passive buff, I think I'll go back to thinking about an emote like I considered originally and like you just suggested.

As for Diana, I think the special interaction with her when she's nearby (friend or foe) is enough, but the addition of a passive icon that otherwise does nothing is a good idea I think :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Oh sweet, the WIP for Whirling Death looks awesome, and I like the extra detail of him going down on to all fours. You think of everything!

Also, Blaze's ideas for the other emotes/passives sound awesome. I hope you can figure out a cool way to incorporate them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlatypirate View Post
Oh sweet, the WIP for Whirling Death looks awesome, and I like the extra detail of him going down on to all fours. You think of everything!

Also, Blaze's ideas for the other emotes/passives sound awesome. I hope you can figure out a cool way to incorporate them.
Eh, it wasn't too much of a stretch when he already leans pretty far forward during one of the throwing frames. I do my best, but it wasn't something particularly genius.

And yeah, I'll add some sort of interaction almost definitely... I hope I can get that done sooner rather than later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calderweiss

Senior Member

05-03-2013

Bump