Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Has Mordekaiser been nerfed or buffed?

Nerfed 139 55.16%
Buffed 113 44.84%
Voters 252 .

Mordekaiser - Nerf or Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellow X

11-01-2010

I don't recall AP ratio's being in the patch notes.
But from the patch notes only, and not considering the possible increase to AP ratio's that I'm not aware of (I know they increased, but was it enough to make it viable that way?) It seems like an incredible nerf.

It seems as if they made it immensely harder to charge your shield, and your shield still goes away at the same rate, thus making mord a hell of a lot weaker and almost bringing him from battle mage to flat out mage.
His ultimate could possibly not be garbage now. However, I dislike the increased duration as a mord player, and like it as a not mord player.
The fact that his cone skill only charges up 5 shield per unit hit instead of 30 or whatever it was is an extreme nerf, to me, unless aforementioned AP ratio's are increased for it enough that he can still sustain roughly the equivalent in shield.
His W is a hell of a lot better, for the mere fact that it hasn't almost worn off by the time it gets to your ally.
And his Q... well.... honestly... I think that may be the one we see people spamming like mad.
Although it was buffed a bit, I think it was a rather pointless buff and having his cone ability have slightly better shield regeneration somewhere like 6/7/8/9/10 would of been a lot better.

In all honesty though, I'm not entirely sure on if I'd consider this a nerf/buff or just a nerf or just a buff until I play him.
His playstyle is going to change a lot, and I think one of the issues is the made it almost necessary to get AP early game, yet you REALLY need the health regen to sustain skill output or you're essentially worthless.
This may also make him more likely to not be flat out ignored in late game teamfights.

tl;dr, I'm not honestly sure, op.
We'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Injustice

11-01-2010

They nerfed his Q?

wut.

Took away its scaling, likely destroyed its nuke potential from when it's triggered by a ghost, nerfed its shield generation...

And a massive shield generation nerf to E, which was sort of the skill you used to generate the most shield in the first place. Rather than a toss-up between shield generator or harassing tool they've narrowed it down to only the latter. As if Morde wasn't already so predictable lol.

I was excited for this Morde remake, but by the looks of it, other than some useability buffs for his ult and W, this is a terrible nerf. Morde's laning ability, his one, single, defining trait is being gutted. His ghost, his only contribution to the late game, is getting neutered. So, early game nerfs and late game nerfs =................................................. .. rework?

I hate that word now.

Cheeky Squid

11-01-2010

It nerfed his tanking ability while buffing his offensive abilities.

Aqualisk

11-01-2010

I don't get it. Why are they buffing his AP ratios when Morde is supposed to build like a tank/dps? Abyssal Scepters and Rylai's are the only things I could ever see getting on him. But that nerfs his survivability. :[

JohnnyGo

11-02-2010

Too many changes to be able to call it. Have to wait and see.

Ahses

11-02-2010

Stop kneejerking. Wait and play him. It's a shift from tank to more dps. He does more damage at the cost of being harder to keep alive. Just like every other DPS aside from Garen.

Salamandra

11-02-2010

So its 80 to 80 huh wow

Skyeclaw

11-02-2010

It really depends how you play him. If youre someone who plays him as a straight up tank, which if you are you shouldn't be playing morde to begin with, then its probably going to be a pretty nasty nerf, b/c the only real use you have is your ult, which got tweaked to make him less reliant on it. Tank morde's performance is almost exactly like Tank Garen's, you only do well if the enemy is dumb enough to focus you and you get fed, which any competant enemy team won't do. I don't understand why people (me included for the time I played him that way) ever thought he was a tank to begin with. "Well, he has the shield thingy, herp derp."

Morde players who play him as a Tank/Caster Hybrid however is a diff story. I have played morde since his release and I have played BOTH strategies, and I can say without a doubt that Hybrid is INFINITELY more reliable. Players who play him as such will prob do much better b/c their other abilities will have more of an impact and they won't be as dependant on his ult, which will still be plenty strong btw, and will now likely bring its target down faster due to it doing half the damage right off the bat.

bottom line is, bad Mordes will do worse, Good Mordes either won't feel it or do better.

bobarabara

11-02-2010

Definitely nerf early game, which will be a big nerf for people who relied on dominating then. I think riot wants him to be dps, with a tanky aspect- like Swain. I can even imagine them nerfing his survivability more while increasing his dps potential, just to push people out of building so many tank items on him.

I think it's pretty dumb that he's only considered viable when built with a lot of tank items when his kit is so dps oriented. half of it was the meta, while the other part was his ap ratios. Now riot has upped the ap ratios, probably for the same reason they have been releasing so many casters, trying to change the meta.

Lukiner

11-02-2010

so how to build morde now?
ad/tank for MoS hard hit
ap/tank/ rain of SoD
or
hybrid/tank (for the lulz) q/e spam to load armor to full when with e it will not be posible now....

dunno
any item build proposition for this "builds"?