Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pick Order Solution that DOESN'T Cement Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

March of Dimes

03-12-2013

Quote:
TheUnburned:
Makes sense actually, although there are some extra assumptions being made:

1) The existence of a 0-CS "support" role. For the most part, Riot has been AGAINST the 0-CS support meta. That was not originally intended as part of the game. However, S3 proves that they've embraced this idea a bit more, with items such as the Sighstone and extra GP5 build paths.

2) A dedicated "jungler" role. This is not a necessity by any means, but over time it's been observed that having a dedicated jungler is much more efficient than laners weaving in and out of the jungle. Riot has also embraced this idea a bit more in S3 with the inclusion of the Hunter's Machete and by making the jungle more challenging and rewarding.

3) The idea of an early game where players stick to a particular lane or source of income. And a mid/late game where teams group together and take objectives as a team. Of course this is most likely the originally intention.

The reason your idea works is because Riot has generally embraced the meta in that vague form for the most part. Although I think that it could still kill other viable metas.

For example, the support-jungle roam (e.g., Alistar + Xin roam), the dedicated non-jungling roamer (assassins), the lane rush (champs group up early to take down objectives instead of farming early), etc. This is why I'd think that keeping it as vague as possible would be the best.

Yeah, at the end of the day, any queuing system improvement is going to make some assumption about the meta. Riot likes to state that they are against this, but the fact that some players find they have to call mid & can't all go there is already an assumption of a meta in which only one person goes mid. I would say that the meta that's already being assumed in 99.9% of (level 30) games is no less restrictive than what I laid out. You assume 1 person (and only 1) will jungle, and that the duo lane won't be mid. You also have to assume 0 CS, but that could even be knocked off the list if you renamed the queue roles differently.

If you wanna go double bruiser bot? You each queue for one of the bot roles apiece. AD or AP mid? Queue for mid. Solo lane ADC? Queue for which solo lane you'd like. The queue system can accommodate queue-for-lane without forcing the players into a meta that restricts roles.

SP3

03-13-2013

Lol you're pretty much saying "use pick order".

The messages appear in order of picks, so nothing changes from that.

Shaco ftwin

03-13-2013

This is pretty legit IMO

NegaStoat

03-13-2013

Bumping this back to the front page since Lyte fired up his suggestions / feedback post on improving the champ select lobby.

Lazy Fairy

03-13-2013

I like this Alot

Ricky B0bby

03-13-2013

WIll there be an option for "mID OR FeeD/?"

Mango027

03-13-2013

Why not

Biggie Slim

03-13-2013

Quote:
TheUnburned:
Shameless bump

that was a while ago now wasn't it?

TheUnburned

03-13-2013

Quote:
Ricky B0bby:
WIll there be an option for "mID OR FeeD/?"

Mhm a big special red button for it. Clicking it opens up a portal straight to the Tribunal. A jury of 9 Pendragons will then decide your fate.

Celasen

03-13-2013

I like this a lot.