So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtomicRyno

03-06-2013

Morello, or any others working on this relaunch. I'm still foggy on the details. Will that Karma skin be available for free to veteran karma owners and available for purchase after the fact for anyone else. Or will everyone have to purchase traditional Karma so that people who liked her before the relaunch won't have something to prove they were die-hard fans?

CS3Narutoi

03-06-2013

Amazing job on the colour and effects! They look way more appealing!
Karma kinda looks like a whole new person though =P
Anyways can't wait for her kit to be revealed. =)

cyanide bunny

03-06-2013

She's beautiful, but I really miss the fans. Plz riot can she keep the fans?

kjj92

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokoseigo2 View Post
I'll just leave this here... this is my problem with the new Karma design... Too many champions look like syndra... I had the same problem with the release of Zyra/diana/syndra but no matter. Also Syndra's design is ultra boring to begin with. I'm sure i'll be downvoted for poor shop, but I didnt feel like putting effort into photoing her face on her.
I'm ignoring the fact her pose is awkward, look at her back arch, I know its on a minor angle but it looks like her feet should be aimed at the screen based on her back positon

shown in the second picture
Lol, nice ps you got there, but I bet draven's face fits her more.

Elodin

03-06-2013

I buy Karma yesterday and then complain about her on the forums and then this happens.

GG Riot.

GG.

AL Penguin

03-06-2013

I think the problem with the VO is that what they think of Karma is not what we think of Karma.

Riot's vision of Karma is a mystical, Oriental-style Queen, who represented the nation of Ionia with its mythical elemental power and primal nature. She leads Ionia to the battlefield head-first with a blast of personal, physically manifest mystical power she wields to smite her enemies.

A player's version of Karma however is a modernizing political leader who embraced the life of harsh realism and elegancy of international diplomacy; a kind a female president or a congresswoman. Her strength comes from the way she use powers to move the people around her. She more "guides" than leads.

Personally, I like the second one. In the lore, her title was Duchess of Ionia. Yet, why do I feel like she's a Princess... like the one that gives you a mystical gem at the end of a RPG quest after defeating 10,000 slimes? Or a female Braveheart?

Tactictoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
A WILD SCARIZARD APPEARS!

Hey dudes! As you might know by now, i'm heading up the Karma Relaunch from the design side, and i bring good news - we are changing her kit. While i don't want to go too in-depth just yet, i wanted to drop in to this thread and answer this question, as it's one i've heard a lot and am sure will continue to be a concern.

Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.

I'll be back with specifics on her abilities and mechanics as we get closer to her PBE release.
But currently Karma is awesome in 3's and almost as good in SR if your team actually knows how to play with her (my favorite 3's champ). Please don't change her kit much

Dingding123

03-06-2013

Oh good. For a second there I was worried that she'd become another ***** like the rest of the female cast.

catraven

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroza View Post
Bare chests on women are more sexualized than it is on men
yeh not really true. you see male abs all over the place to stimulate that kind of interest and you should check out that ellen degeneres show wear she carresses the abs and chest of a male underwear model who poses sexually for all her female audience-to their cheers if you can believe the hypocrisy........look it up

Incorrect Noob

03-06-2013

Hey this is great! I just have a question. Is Karma getting a buff or just a rework in art