So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrlol

03-06-2013

I don't like her updated skin and hair color :/ This isn't about racism at all, I just really like the current karma's appearance and I find it odd that her rework appears to have changed her ethnicity.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokoseigo2 View Post
I'll just leave this here... this is my problem with the new Karma design... Too many champions look like syndra... I had the same problem with the release of Zyra/diana/syndra but no matter. Also Syndra's design is ultra boring to begin with. I'm sure i'll be downvoted for poor shop, but I didnt feel like putting effort into photoing her face on her.
I'm ignoring the fact her pose is awkward, look at her back arch, I know its on a minor angle but it looks like her feet should be aimed at the screen based on her back positon

shown in the second picture
Syndra is from Ionia. Karma is from Ionia.

Why is it a problem they share the same features..? It makes sense.

Taint Misbehavin

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydPinkus View Post
I can't believe how many posts there are complaining about the lack of fans. It's like being handed a new car and then being upset that it doesn't have gull-wing doors.
no, it's more like buying a specific car because it has gull-wing doors, then a year later, the manufacturer comes and takes away your car and replaces it with another Nissan Sentra.

catraven

03-06-2013

i want to post that those who don't like nice looking girls and say it's biased must look to trynd, ryze, lee sin and other male champs who are all bare chested. there are no bare-chested female champs none. so in actual fact we should be seeing more skin, not less on the female models. to get even some remote semblance of unbias we need at least 1 bare-chested female champ. i add to that that female champs like tristana, diana, lulu, ashe, quinn and annie are already dressed head to toe and covered up already

Heureux

03-06-2013

Although I am kind of depressed I'll no longer be able to make fan puns throughout a game while playing Karma, I'm actually quite pleased with at least the traditional skin remake. I've always thought her dress made her too squishy looking.

TC Inferno

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
no more "guess what's about to hit the fan" D: ?

Also, if that's the splash art, doesn't that mean her ingame icon will look something like this?

I like the splash and the ingame models, but the icon will take some getting used to. It will make her and Teemo officially the only champs who have their eyes visibly closed in their icons, lol
Lee Sin?

Softspoken

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
i want to post that those who don't like nice looking girls and say it's biased must look to trynd, ryze, lee sin and other champs who are all bare chested. there are no bare-chested female champs none. so in actual fact we should be seeing more skin, not less on the female models. to get even some remote semblance of unbias we need at least 1 bare-chested female champ. i add to that that female champs like tristana, diana, lulu, ashe, quinn and annie are already dressed head to toe and covered up already
There's a few cultural differences between having a man shirtless and having a woman shirtless. Just saying.

HowardDeanFan

03-06-2013

Not gonna lie. Scared out of my mind over this rework. Karma was probably the first champ I played exclusively when I was new to the game and I still enjoy her a lot.

First and foremost, I want to reiterate two points that have been made already. Loosing the fans is a mistake. It really is. The two things that defined Karma, to me, visually was that A: She didn't just look like a random babe with sexy clothes and B: She used Fans. This new Karma has neither of these things and I fear she will no longer play anything like she used to, hence making her just another sexy looking chick in a game full of boring sexy looking chicks. The one thing that was done well was the "original skin" skin which alleviates one of those issues a bit. The second issue, her not having fans, makes no sense to me.

Thematically, why could she not have fans and just use them to channel her abilities like she already did? I am truly not understanding the reasoning. It seems to boil down to "we didn't think fans looked cool enough." This, to me, is a sign of lack of creativity. No offense but it basically just says, to me, you didn't want old Karma to exist anymore in any respect and so you made a new character and made their name "Karma." Then threw everyone who used to play her a bone with the original skin mock up.

I feel like an ass complaining, I know I sound like one. I have never been a dude who complained about champion changes all that much. Recently I was (and still am a bit) upset about the Nidalee and Kayle changes because I feel they went to far but, other than that, I rarely get upset about champ changes but this Karma just isn't Karma. I liked her wearing a dress that wasn't slit up to her neck so she could show a bit of skin and her healthy thighs. I liked that she used fans to channel power instead of inexplicable Azn dragon magic. The idea that you have to change fundamentally everything about something but still use it's name seems pointless when there are already strong thing visually to work from.

All I feel is fear for this, I have since the day I knew Karma was getting reworked. It was inevitable because I actually liker her and knew that, despite me, nobody else did. Not because she was weak but because they simply didn't want to like her. Time for her to become another character entirely.

michellemorris

03-06-2013

So for those of us that already play Karma, and own a skin for her, will we be getting a refund? I know that I spent a decent about of RP on my skin for her, that will no longer be there for me to use.

Reelando

03-06-2013

Yay free skin. <3