So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

03-06-2013

Something tells me this is going to be a nerf that will change her playstyle all because terrible people couldn't figure out how to play her.
RIP Karma 2013

Elewd

03-06-2013

i feel like they should encorporate the fans into her recall animation and her taunt joke dance and laugh at least for teh traditional skin =\

UnlimitedFaith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I appreciate the work you put into this Riot but to me this just doesn't seem like Karma anymore. She was always one of my favorite champs (though I stopped playing her because she wasn't a viable support bottom). I loved Karma for the Asian visual aesthetics (yin and yang, fans), poise, and grace. I was hoping she would end up being more of a magic bladed fan dancing maiden that uses them to support. I loved her fans, and they easily could have been more incorporated into her rework with some of her fans flying around her supernaturally and in a dance-like and graceful sweep, the bladed fan swarm would follow much like her current Q in a cone (only hopefully a little more range -maybe less width- so you can poke with it more effectively bot lane). Her slowly hovering flock of fans could then go into a flurry swarm, forming a magical and physical protective barrier around her ally, blocking them or herself from harm and the classic shield bomb would still be in effect (one of the favorite things people seem to love about Karma), sending fans flying from the swarm out in a radius. I was hoping you would make Karma a female champion who is based on the epitome of beauty and elegance, rather than this emphasis on her curves.

FenrirBigBadWolf

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Maybe incorporate a joke where karma refers to her previous weapons? (the fans) Or attach them to the vintage model? if they cant be kept on the vintage model maybe she could have her fans attached to her waist?

I enjoy playing karma and agree that the rework is needed and (looks to be) well received by a majority but maybe something small like the suggested above could be done to keep long time fans (no pun intended) happy? A Joke about her old fans would be great imo

again this comes down to what you Riot and the dev team feel is best for the character/model but its only a suggestion.

KNITEpanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Plutonious View Post
Lol. All the people wanting a black champ got one.
She was always black...

Davidt1234

03-06-2013

maybe her traditional skin can have fans?

topsykrett

03-06-2013

Well now that everyone will be using her I guess it's time to find a new champ to play

BombtheTwist

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
She still has Mantra.
Riot, I am a random support player buried in page 768 of this thread. Last night I played game after game of Karma, feeling like I was outclassed by everyone else, even on my 5-win streak.

When I heard months ago about the rework, I was nervous about Karma losing her Mantra. But now I've just struck a bodybuilder pose and everyone in the office is staring.

THANK YOU

From an English teacher in Korea, keep on sashaying.

LesbianRainbow

03-06-2013

Errrmah gawd for once I can say it >!........THANK YOU RIOT!!!!

Fiya

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
She still has Mantra.

THE WILD SCARIZARD FLED!
So she still has mantra, as I assumed, but what I'm worried about is if you guys are taking away the stacking of the mantra which has been rumoured to be truth and raising the Cooldown