So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bird Bot

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrok View Post
I'm also a dyed-in the wool Karma fan, and I think fan, shman.

Karma was my first champ purchase because of her name, title and splash art, specifically the references to eastern spiritualism. The fans were just props, and IMHO the lore surrounding them was weak. I'm fired up by everything I've read here, although I am concerned if we lose one of the few female champs with a realistic anatomy.
I definitely agree her, I Bought Karma due to her Name, Lore, and Ethnic Background, Not a lot of Dark Skinned Women on Lol xD.
Personally the Weird Hat thing makes up for the lack of fans big time.

Yago Xiten

03-06-2013

I'm honestly really worried about this rework. Karma lost her fans which depresses me a little, but I can handle it.

What I'm far more disconcerted with is the visuals in the screen shot. I can clearly identify what appears to be Spirit Bond, but the rest, I'm not so sure of. Mantra's still in, apparently.

But what of her other skills? Karma's always been out of the meta. Playing with a Karma strategy made the game feel different, almost like a different game. She's basically geared towards melee ADC, and she works well with bruisers etc. She isn't weak--she's a beautifully designed gem, just of a different cut than the rest.

She was the epitome of Ionian perseverance and balance, that inner calm was brilliantly thematic and honestly fit with her and her kit well.

She ran around, in a dress, with a huge HP bar and deceptive durability. Honestly, when I played her, I felt the inner calm her lore talks about. Because when one of my friends I like to play with was critical health, outnumbered, and thought dead to everyone else around, I never paniced, and they never did either. Just quick flawless reactions: E, R, Q, and suddenly, seemingly outmatched the fight would be turned around.

Or sitting around in lane, low health, getting ganked when at the last second, with a sliver left, making awesome plays and jukes getting 2v1 double-kills.

I'm worried that will be gone, and this rework will, as some people have said, make a new support-mage with Karma's name and a bit of her visuals.

Honestly she's one of my favorite characters in the game, even if I haven't played her nearly as much as I should have.

It's why I'd really like the kit changes to be released as fast as possible. Karma's incredibly important to me and my interest in LoL because of how well she was designed, even if she feels like she's almost from another game.

I'd like to feel our feedback makes a difference, because once the kit rework hits the PBE, it feels as good as in game. I hate to be defeatist but...at that point I think it'd be too late for the community to have an impact in keeping Karma as she is.

Because truthfully, Karma's a strong character in LoL as is, she's just a bit different.

Rogue Winter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic Instinct View Post
I don't quite get what you are saying here. Does Vintage Karma = Traditional Karma? If so, then why is it now a skin that's going to be for sale, when it was stated it would be free?
Free BEFORE update if you already have Karma.

Purchasable for TWO WEEKS AFTER update if you didn't already have Karma to begin with.

o HaVeN o

03-06-2013

Eerrrhhhhmaaaaaaageeeerrhhhhhddddd :d

Novä

03-06-2013

shes naked, why? another she was one of the few non-prostitutes of lol,

sohee

03-06-2013

ooo fancy

Zatir

03-06-2013

The legs on the "Traditional" outfit looks really awkward...
Besides that, she looks so amazing.

RiverZebra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Holy ****, she looks more awesome now!

Vertany

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blade Yago View Post
I'm honestly really worried about this rework. Karma lost her fans which depresses me a little, but I can handle it.

What I'm far more disconcerted with is the visuals in the screen shot. I can clearly identify what appears to be Spirit Bond, but the rest, I'm not so sure of. Mantra's still in, apparently.

But what of her other skills? Karma's always been out of the meta. Playing with a Karma strategy made the game feel different, almost like a different game. She's basically geared towards melee ADC, and she works well with bruisers etc. She isn't weak--she's a beautifully designed gem, just of a different cut than the rest.

She was the epitome of Ionian perseverance and balance, that inner calm was brilliantly thematic and honestly fit with her and her kit well.

She ran around, in a dress, with a huge HP bar and deceptive durability. Honestly, when I played her, I felt the inner calm her lore talks about. Because when one of my friends I like to play with was critical health, outnumbered, and thought dead to everyone else around, I never paniced, and they never did either. Just quick flawless reactions: E, R, Q, and suddenly, seemingly outmatched the fight would be turned around.

Or sitting around in lane, low health, getting ganked when at the last second, with a sliver left, making awesome plays and jukes getting 2v1 double-kills.

I'm worried that will be gone, and this rework will, as some people have said, make a new support-mage with Karma's name and a bit of her visuals.

Honestly she's one of my favorite characters in the game, even if I haven't played her nearly as much as I should have.

It's why I'd really like the kit changes to be released as fast as possible. Karma's incredibly important to me and my interest in LoL because of how well she was designed, even if she feels like she's almost from another game.

I'd like to feel our feedback makes a difference, because once the kit rework hits the PBE, it feels as good as in game. I hate to be defeatist but...at that point I think it'd be too late for the community to have an impact in keeping Karma as she is.

Because truthfully, Karma's a strong character in LoL as is, she's just a bit different.
beautiful read

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

wow did Riot just ninja a post leaking more info on the new karma kit?! good thing i read it and from the looks of it, she's gonna suck even more. lol