So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocool3809

03-06-2013

yay free skin and needed rework

RetardfromWoW

03-06-2013

As a karma player, I have to say I am NOT looking forward to these changes.

First off, Karma is a incredible mid-laner. She is nearly impossible to out trade which is what makes her so fun. Having been watching the tweets, some things I'm looking at is a MAJOR raised CD on her mantra. This is going to take away some of the fun.

Currently, Karma has a feel to her. She is a Yin-Yang champ. Her strength is that her skills are Either Aggressive or Supportive, and activating mantra makes it fill BOTH roles.

her Q - Aggressive dmg
Mantra'd = Aggressive dmg + %health heal that can out-scale soraka ult.

Her W - Aggressive movement/defensive movement
Mantra'd = 5 second Shurelya's. ((This is one that sadly isn't that good to mantra tbh.))

Her E = Powerful Defensive tool with amazing scaling
Mantra'd = Powerful Defensive tool that does amazing damage too.

Her current kit already had a Balancing Yin/Yang feel to it. Her problem was, her slow wasn't strong. All of her abilities are AoE... This is TERRIBLE on a support champ as it pushes the lane massively.

Now, as a Mid Lane, this means she can shove lane down peoples throat. She is hard to trade with, being mobile and strong close range pokes. Her weakness was her W wasn't a reliable damage tool. Thats literally what her biggest weakness is at the moment.

She is a AP mage mid who can support like Lux/Morganna/Zyra already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes I've ready about in tweets.

Massive raise in Mantra CD.

Mantra shield will stun now in an AoE ((This is a nifty upgrade, but her shield is already strong as hell.))

Her W is being reworked into being worse.

Her Q will be a far less aggressive tool now.

In short, they are making her from a Strong Mid and Sub-par support, into a Crappy Mid and Sub-par support.

As well, this is a change Karma fans want?

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS STATEMENT? THIS IS A REQUEST FROM PEOPLE WHO AREN'T KARMA FANS. The majority of Karma fans love playing her mid. She is a strong viable laner about bullying and shutting down enemies.

This change, your removing her damage and putting it into utility, and saying your reworking her into a Mid lane champ who can go be a viable support too. This is such a lie.

As a Karma Player, I will NOT be a fan of her after she gets changed. They are stripping her of her fans, and her fan base.

ChaosEmbers

03-06-2013

I wish you guys didn't announce that those who had karma before relaunch would get a free skin, now everyone is going to buy Karma just for the skin. The skin won't show those who had to wait patiently for the rework.

Bad Player

03-06-2013

Will we get the Traditional Karma skin as long as we buy Karma before her official rework is released on Live? Or is the cut-off date some other, earlier date?

(I actually like her current look a lot more than her new one, so I'd like to get the traditional skin--but I don't own her or have the IP, so I want to know if I have time to farm it up a bit!)

Tristyric

03-06-2013

Sooo happy, finally some Karma love! Now make her a bit more viable and all her fan boys and girls will proudly blow s*** up and walk away laughing once more ^^

The Aviatrix

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasselin View Post
As a Karma fan I'm not really liking what I've seen and heard so far. I liked Karma because she was a calm, composed diplomat. That's why I purchased her. I loved the character of Karma and how different she was from every other champion out there. That wasn't the problem with Karma at all.
I'm not even sure there really was a problem with Karma except she was hard to use well and her niche was way too narrow. From what has been described and the screenshots I've seen she looks like a completely different champion.
I too loved her look. She was one of my favorite in game models.

But her skill set never appealed to me. So I didn't buy her. Then as I looked up info trying to find a new support to play - I heard she was terrible. My reasons for not playing karma was purely because of her kit.

I looked forward to her rework because I wanted to play that lady that looked so out of place on a battle field.

Now I'll be spending the IP just to get the traditional skin. Just in case I feel like playing her ever in the future. Because I really don't wanna play that new default skin.

YoWombat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Heavens, all she needed was a few slight tweaks, and you had to go and completely rework another champion I enjoy playing. So what if she wasn't very popular? She was still very powerful and useful, she just didn't fit very well into the meta (aka she was an AP support that required farm). It's okay to have niche champs, you know.

Now she's just another tramp, in a league full of them. Why didn't you just make this new Karma a new champion?

The list of "reworked" champions I used to love and now hate is getting dangerously long. I used to love Jax, had a full runepage for him, even got the Pax skin from ebay. Same with Sivir. Now I don't enjoy playing either of them. Ryze is the only rework I actually thought was decent.

Prince Kassad

03-06-2013

As a longtime Karma player, I don't care about the fans. They weren't really being used in an interesting way.

The thing I will miss most about the fans is their role in her /dance. That right there tells you that they were unnecessary. They didn't really make sense as a way to channel her power. If her magic comes from her soul, why would she need to silly fans to act as spellcasting instruments. Karma is perhaps the only deeply religious/spiritual champion, and the fans were standing in the way of the "purity" of her magic. I actually think Karma is a much more naturalistic mage without the fans. In my opinion, her inner flame is above such petty things as a staff, wand, or fans. The fans were just "fluff" on top of her real theme -- the strength and charisma of her soul.

Fans would be better suited on a different champion, one who uses them more dynamically and as a core gameplay aspect.

Taint Misbehavin

03-06-2013

in over 3 years of playing League of Legends, Karma remains the only champion i have ever purchased with RP. i bought her double bundle on release because i thought both her alternate skins were awesome and unique, and a big part of what drew me to her was the fan-wielding motif.
i was excited to hear that she would be getting a VU/rework, but doing away with one of the big elements that made her unique is incredibly disappointing.
granted, i guess i'll have to wait and see how she turned out, but based on the initial information you guys have presented, i feel that the changes made would have been better utilized as a brand new champ rather than drastically changing a champ that i believe most fans of her would agree only really needed a couple subtle tweaks.
one last thing: please stop with the floaty behind-the-head/neck thingies as seen on Irelia and the new Karma. they look really dumb.

Mirana Arashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Morello , I beg you to tell us. When is the "new" Karma going to be on the PBE for testing? Are we going to have a long wait to test It , or Is it comming real soon? Also , congratulations on the overhaul you guys did to Karma , I hope I'm Impressed once I get to test her new kit , model , new animations and all