So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wasselin

03-06-2013

As a Karma fan I'm not really liking what I've seen and heard so far. I liked Karma because she was a calm, composed diplomat. That's why I purchased her. I loved the character of Karma and how different she was from every other champion out there. That wasn't the problem with Karma at all.
I'm not even sure there really was a problem with Karma except she was hard to use well and her niche was way too narrow. From what has been described and the screenshots I've seen she looks like a completely different champion.

Feederdom

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Hey Guys, just to chime in on the fan conversation and to give some insight.
We got rid of the fans because they did not reflect who we wanted Karma to be going forward. The lore team really wanted to make Her the paragon of Ionia. The fans were not cutting it as a source of readable power in game either. So we iterated on the Ionian standard, the two swirling dragons. We played with the idea that She harnesses Her spiritual energy and uses the Two Ionian Jade Dragons as a conduit for her Mantra. After the particle team got hold of that idea, they made something that was much more impactful and holistic than the two fans. We feel it's a much stronger idea.
Thanks Grumpy and the relaunch team, this work is amazing. I like how she has a new spiritual look which gives more meaning to her position in Ionia plus the Indian-ish look. My only concern about the new look is that, without animation to proof, the new posture seems a lot less classy. And I think the old classy walking animation would be gone too. Is the new Karma transform to someone more aggressive? I think that classy look helped to to define her position as an Ionia before. Now shes more like a monk instead of the classy Chanel style lady before.

While the new look is good, as an old Karma fan (while i didnt get her from launch, i own her while leveling and liked her since day one i get her), I am sure I will miss the fans, the dress and her walking style. I agree that the fans and the dress didnt do much for her lore and her fight, but on the other hand, its old Karma we loved, and admittedly the first thing attracted me to get her was her dress and her fans.

I wish the vintage skin could keep these elements for those who loved her old outfit.

Here is my wish: could you keep the fans only for vintage skin, and get more of the dress part back by covering more of her legs? For fan part, the new rig might not allow her to wield the fans like she did before, but I still hope she could use her fans somewhere like while dancing. Or she could take her fans out while Q’ing.

Overall thanks for the rework. I love how riot keeps updating there content and gives love to their characters, please keep on the nice work.

Ampd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpluff View Post
It really sucks. I don't want to seem like a hipster, but I feel as if I'm just being swept under the rug despite having purchased Karma with RP on release with skins. Evelynn was also another one of my "champions", a champion I played very often. I was ecstatic for her rework, because it was fulfilling while still being Evelynn. This isn't Karma. This is a new AP mid. It's not the new outfit or the lack of fans that's the core issue; the core issue is that this barely resembles what once was Karma.
^This. Although, I still think the removal of the fans is pretty dumb.

Mr Pizza

03-06-2013

New Trundle will make more commotion than Karma!

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
But even if she doesn't use the fans, why can't "traditional" karma have a fan in her hand as decoration, and maybe one on her belt/wrist?

also can someone answer the damn voice-actress question.... will it be the same woman?
That's a good idea. Especially on her belt--it presupposes that her fans were a symbol of her passive representation of Ionia. Perhaps an heirloom, from a teacher who taught her patience is the best way. Now she has sheathed them, in turn for a more aggressive approach. Still calm, still patient, but with all the vigorous energy of youth, in the hands and mind of one who is too wizened for her age.

The voice-actress was answered many pages ago by a red. It will be the same voice-actress.

Bird Bot

03-06-2013

I really can't thank you enough for everything you've done to this champion, I'm so exited for her rework. I've been in love with this champion for months and months, and everything you did for her is absolutely...stunning. I love that..."thing" on her head, even though I have no clue what it is xD. Which totally makes up for the lack of fans!

I absolutely love how you are still making her viable in mid-lane AND keeping her mantra.

You turned this champion in to a work of art...Seriously. I'll still end up sticking with her old design, however her new design is just as flawless and beautiful as I saw her traditional one.

This is a pretty far-out request, but by any chance, do you think there will be more positions open for the PBE soon? It would be a dream come true if I had a chance to play The reworked karma before she goes live.

RaptorJesusss

03-06-2013

FREEE? SKIN?
AWW YEAAHHH

Larcent

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's case-by-case, mostly depending on if the personality or theme has little going on overall. Many champs are fine here, some will need heavier lifting.
Sion's new dress better be just as pretty as Karma's.

Rivini

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter962 View Post
I don't get why every body is getting mad at riot for this VU. Everybody was demanding it and now everybody is pissed. Don't judge it until its in the PBE
There are two unexpected changes being rabbled about:

1. Her trademark weapons have been removed. Yes, many hoped for Karma to be visually updated and/or ability reworked, but that part of her was neither expected or requested to be changed.

2. Her outfit. She went from being a visually elegant woman to another common, Jezebel champion most notably showing off her bare legs. Her original VO contained a joke about her dress being impractical for combat, but it was just that; a joke.

Just to point out, I'm not saying the new look as a whole is ugly. It just doesn't fit with Karma. I'm sure this is exactly how many feel about this.

Torchide

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonarii View Post
So you admit that her new normal skin shows of her body for practically no reason.
It's not that I don't think her new skin is boring or stale looking, it's that doesn't fit with her character at all. like I'm baffled as to how you guys thought that the paragon of balance would feel the need to show that much leg. (seriously what is up with the cut of that dress?) she's the leader of a nation, stop making every female character so sexual. Karma was one of my favorite champions aesthetically because her base skin shows something other than legs and boobs. It showed a woman with purpose, and strength. but now I just see another female champ: skin, some more skin, and little in the way of practical clothing.

Yeah I'll admit her skin looks cool, but you could have not put the Ionian symbol on her back and called her a new champ given how different she looks. You changed the flavor of her character just so that this new skin would fit. or at least that's how I feel. Love the traditional skin, but why change her personality so dramatically for her base skin?
It's a corset with a loincloth and butt cape strapped on.