So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
"First full overhaul"?

OK, so maybe you got slack when it came to her model, lore and voice, but what do you call what you did to Evelynn? Not one single part of her kit was left unchanged from what it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annapii View Post
Correction. You don't like or use the original Karma.

A lot of people did like and use the original Karma. I was one of them. And now it feels like Riot took away the champion that we enjoyed, changed her into a skin, and gave her name to a different champion.

I have nothing against the new Karma. She's not a bad champion. She's just not Karma.
Funny, I made a thread saying pretty much this exact thing. I got a lot of people saying "LOL NOPE" and downvoted into closure in minutes.

Platypower

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
are you laughing at us Karma fans, Morello?
that might hav been a joke regarding how karma's fans (floaty weapon things) were taken away. lol.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaJayce View Post
@Morello's comment.
That's a really crappy joke, no offense. A lot of us liked the fan.

I'ma miss the fact that Karma looked pretty damn sassy as she walked and stood. She looked elegant and mature.
I wish she had the fans though, I mean the fans are a symbol of elegance...Karma seemed like that.
She looks FANTASTIC [No pun intended! xD] don't get me wrong the new look is gorgeous but why remove something that made her stood out more? Please have them at least as a recall thing or something. ): She was our only fan user.
Karma didn't even use her fans. They were just there on her body, for no other purpose than to be fans. She could have been wielding daphodils and the effect would be the same. Even your post would be exactly the same, sans the word "fan."

Now new creative space is open--perhaps the next champion will be a character who incorporates Fan-style Fighting in a comprehensive and awesome way.

TheFlyingToaster

03-06-2013

Quote:
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Morello I'm having trouble understanding how fans wouldn't work with her "rigging" (?) Karma was my favorite champ, but now without the fans, i feel like this isn't even her. Can't some kind of compromise be made, like with the Traditional skin? The fans were legitimately the one thing I wanted to stay most of all...

Zoxtonic

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydPinkus View Post

Edit 2: Downvoting me doesn't make me less correct.
But it makes me feel better XD

phatcat09

03-06-2013

Quote:
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

I'm starting to think rather than discerning information from the emotional masses you intentionally ignore people until someone says the same thing in a manner you're willing to deal with. I personally find this an intentionally self limiting quality of a leader.

Sometimes you have to dig through shiit and glean true intention despite the gravity with which it's said.

Literally the same thing was said multiple times on multiple pages...would've done you good to have said that earlier rather than later.

TittySprinklesJr

03-06-2013

I just came a little...

Teemo Support GG

03-06-2013

So two questions.

1 - Is sakura karma still going to sport different particles from the default?
2 - Any chance that one of her non default skins will get to have fans? Totally understand it not being what you want on the default, but y'kno s'what paids skins are there for ya?

Jumpluff

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
"First full overhaul"?

OK, so maybe you got slack when it came to her model, lore and voice, but what do you call what you did to Evelynn? Not one single part of her kit was left unchanged from what it was before.
I feel as if they mean that this, in the end, is just a new champion with Karma's name slapped on it. They didn't want to deal with her old kit, so they're just scrapping it and trying it again. Lore and design too.

At least Evelynn still felt like Evelynn, even after all the changes.

Arcane Azmadi

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Karma didn't even use her fans. They were just there on her body, for no other purpose than to be fans. She could have been wielding daphodils and the effect would be the same. Even your post would be exactly the same, sans the word "fan."

Now new creative space is open--perhaps the next champion will be a character who incorporates Fan-style Fighting in a comprehensive and awesome way.
Yeah, the fact that they were her basic autoattack apparently doesn't count.