So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ampd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I kind of have to agree. Although I don't really care that much about people complaining about the "sexiness" of the new look, keep the fans. Yes, I agree, if you don't want to see her legs and shoulders use the traditional skin, but seriously. All I'm hearing from Riot is "we're doing what we want too whether you like it or not" regarding the fans instead of just using both. You can have her look like the "Paragon of Iona" while keeping the fans. I mean seriously, please yourselves or please the community... or why not both! Although I highly doubt you care that much.

Den Kuchen

03-06-2013

I can't believe how many posts there are complaining about the lack of fans. It's like being handed a new car and then being upset that it doesn't have gull-wing doors.

I understand that it was a part of her original style, but that was old Karma. You know, the running joke of the forums. "Karma." "Who now?" One of the least used (if not the very least!) champions in the game. But now the fans are not a part of who she is. If I had the choice from Karma's original release to choose between a pair of fans and a pair of Jade Dragons, the choice would have been the latter with ease.

Now Karma has been reimagined from a strange bursty mage supporty thing that fits nowhere in any meta game we've had thusfar into a new iconic champion for Ionia. She looks great and her new classic skin is fantastic. I look forward to testing her.

Very good job Riot. I am excited.

EDIT: Apparently every person in this thread that is complaining mains Karma now and has for a long time, based on my downvotes. Must be every loyal Karma player ever since she's only the least popular champion.

Edit 2: Downvoting me doesn't make me less correct.

Schalein

03-06-2013

Karma is my favourite champion, no lie, and I want to thank you guys for the respect given to her players. I can't speak for anyone but myself -- I'm not happy with her revamped default look, but this disappointment is eclipsed by the effort made to offer the traditional skin, as well as keeping her original skin tone. It means a lot, and I'm excited to have her become a (hopefully) viable pick in ranked.

EDIT: I do agree with the general consensus that the fans should not have been removed. So elegant! And so integral to the concepts behind both her skins.

Rivini

03-06-2013

I have a question that may not have been asked already (I'm not going to read every single post).

Will her new VO retain her Mantra verses or have something similar if changed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtRI6s7uIZE&t=1m28s

refpuz

03-06-2013

So can we assume that you guys are working on other champs as well? Like Trundle, Sion, PLZ XERATH.

Right now Xerath is the 2nd least played in the game on Lolking. Karma is number 1. Now my favorite champ is gonna hit rock bottom D:

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Lemmings View Post
Super cool! Love the direction you took her!

Now make a champ that uses fans to blow away/slice up her opponents
ever read Karma's League Judgement? That's what she does.

Sailor Galaxia

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bunny View Post
Why isn't the traditional skin her default skin? That is really bugging me. You could have just released her new default skin (the purple one) as a new skin for Karma and keep the traditional one as her default. I just don't get the reason why you'd do this.

and about the fans...you removed something that was completely unique to her. She was the only champion who used fans (unlike swords or bows etc). It REEKED of Karma. Yes, now she does look shiny and new, but it doesn't really look like her anymore. It feels like we lost the original Karma and this one is a new champion.

except no one liked and/or used the original Karma. So what's your point?

Caught Warding

03-06-2013

I understand you mean well....

but I'd prefer you did something FOR GREAT SCIENCE.

P.S. I'll be buying Karma to support the idea of a REMAKE so we can get one for my homeboy THE DINGER

Mynt

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkpz View Post
I kind of have to agree. Although I don't really care that much about people complaining about the "sexiness" of the new look, keep the fans. Yes, I agree, if you don't want to see her legs and shoulders use the traditional skin, but seriously. All I'm hearing from Riot is "we're doing what we want too whether you like it or not" regarding the fans instead of just using both. You can have her look like the "Paragon of Iona" while keeping the fans. I mean seriously, please yourselves or please the community... or why not both! Although I highly doubt you care that much.
What I'm hearing from Riot is

"We're doing what the fans want, whether they like it or not." Who placed them in charge of dictating what their fans want? You did, when you played their game. If this change genuinely makes LoL not enjoyable for you, vote with your keyboard and go play something else.

Personally, I think this rendition of Karma is awesome, and I'm glad Riot has the audacity to conceive of this Relaunch.

Arcane Azmadi

03-06-2013

Looks like it's time to say goodbye to Karma...

So, what should we call this new champion to distinguish her from Karma? "Amrak"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchide View Post
ever read Karma's League Judgement? That's what she does.
Not any more...