So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.

will it be the same ACTRESS for the new voice?

Healurownbum

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceredron View Post
After reading carefully it appears you guys are just going to release a new champion that looks kind of like Karma, in the way that Syndra looks like of like Diana. Why not just release a new champion and get someone to rework Karma.

And for God's sake why would you get rid of the fans, her calling card
**** ment to upvote hit the wrong one! Sorry!

Tortferngatr

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.
It's mostly the leg. Just add silk leggings (the exposed leg feels a tad jarring when compared with other serious women of the League like Irelia, Quinn, Diana, Lux, and Leona) and her new model would be perfect IMO.

Jocular

03-06-2013

I'm so glad you did this Riot! Looking forward to the changes.

P.S. Don't be afraid to rework some of the other champions (or an ability or two) that could use it! If it's an improvement, the community will forgive you. But probably not apologize.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.
I miss the fans... =(

Besides that she looks great. Can't wait to see her new skill set!

corporalduque

03-06-2013

I hope you guys don't murder the feel and style of her game play like you
did Eve just makes me nervous because I like karmas kit and Eve was my
main before you reworked her and I won't even play her anymore because
she's a totally different style

Sasnak

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Hey Guys, just to chime in on the fan conversation and to give some insight.
We got rid of the fans because they did not reflect who we wanted Karma to be going forward. The lore team really wanted to make Her the paragon of Ionia. The fans were not cutting it as a source of readable power in game either. So we iterated on the Ionian standard, the two swirling dragons. We played with the idea that She harnesses Her spiritual energy and uses the Two Ionian Jade Dragons as a conduit for her Mantra. After the particle team got hold of that idea, they made something that was much more impactful and holistic than the two fans. We feel it's a much stronger idea.
The fans are what makes Karma who she is...

With that defense, why not make a brand new champion who channels things through her Jade Dragons...

I really don't understand why Karma can't be the figurehead of Ionia with her fans...it is an essence of who she is...a defining feature. Could she look cooler without them, obviously, maybe, for some people. Is it who she is? No...no it isn't. She is an established character, and although not the most popular champ, she is who she is, and the fans are part of why she is who she is. I feel like Riot is missing the point here...

"Karma did not live extravagantly; her parents owned a local business selling antiques in the Navori province and they often struggled to provide for themselves, though they did so with cheery optimism. Her most prized possessions were two exquisite fans taken from her family's shop."

That's right out the window. Her lore is completely shifted. Ergo, she is someone completely different. Her jokes in game right now...even reference her fans.

"Her fan technique is a deadly art of grace and poise, but her truest strength lies in the hearts of those willing to die alongside her.''-- Irelia

This is the idea of Karma...this "VU" of Karma is more than that...it is a complete reworking of her entire character...her being...and that...that is why so many of us Karma players are depressed/upset/frankly pissed off.

Her fans aren't just an accessory...they are an extension of Karma herself...one of her defining features.

Again, I reiterate, I appreciate all the attention and work Riot is giving Karma...but I feel the need to present my displeasure with this removal of her fans and the, shockingly impactful, VU to her. It is just too much...It isn't Karma...It just isn't.

SummonerMan Matt

03-06-2013

is it soon tm yet?!

As an old karma main i am SO excited

HotShotBG2EZ

03-06-2013

wait does a coop v ai count ?

Shadeykris

03-06-2013

Love it, looks great. Good job on the rework and the traditional skin. Its the best of both worlds. I dont get the big deal about the fans... lol.