So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seragaki Aoba

03-06-2013

Hello! A big Karma fan here

Regarding her skill kit, will her W deal damage over time like Fiddlesticks/Swain can or deal immediate burst damage? And is her mantra still going to be an ammunition skill as before?

And does her shield bomb still exist? And what's up with her Q now?

(whoops, too many questions)

phatcat09

03-06-2013

Fans + Upright Stance = Regality.

She kinda reminds me of a Lux now with her still interactions. Please don't make her move like lux ...

There's definitely an age difference.

Muhrieyuh

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterfiends View Post
Traditional Karma looks like an Irelia skin

Well....she is from Ionia...where Irelia is from.. JUSTSAYING. =]

Crunchdoggie

03-06-2013

I know this is all about karma, but I wanted to say that what Runaan said about Ionia being the tranquil nation being thrown into inner turmoil in a darker age really struck me (SO COOOL). As I think of Irelia, Karma, Lee Sin, Shen, and Varus I really do see this completely awesome theme of peaceful warriors being ripped out of the lives they cherished and into a horrendous state of war as the rest of the world crashes into them. Really love what you guys are doing with Ionia and it's associated champions.

NinjaFuYa

03-06-2013

she looks a lot like diablo 3 female wizard lol just sayin' still looks great

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Hey Guys, just to chime in on the fan conversation and to give some insight.
We got rid of the fans because they did not reflect who we wanted Karma to be going forward. The lore team really wanted to make Her the paragon of Ionia. The fans were not cutting it as a source of readable power in game either. So we iterated on the Ionian standard, the two swirling dragons. We played with the idea that She harnesses Her spiritual energy and uses the Two Ionian Jade Dragons as a conduit for her Mantra. After the particle team got hold of that idea, they made something that was much more impactful and holistic than the two fans. We feel it's a much stronger idea.

Its not the fans that get me. Its the waist high skirt slits. Karma was a female champ that wore, ya know. Clothes. If she just at least stuck with a full skirt I could deal with the rest of the dress missing.

Also, I will miss the Yin/Yang undertones of her old look.

I reiterate, this better be really really good when it comes out.

DrewRoid

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian NA View Post
I will reiterate, as it seems my explanation attached to a request got lost in the crowd.
I hope a simple cut and paste will do

"This is an exceptional execution of a reworked look. I won't lie, I don't dislike this Karma. Though I do not like her losing her calm under any circumstances, I can see why that might be dehumanizing her too much.

Yet, as I feared, this becomes a clean break. Like it is suddenly the future, and her old friends barely recognize her. (We did have issues as you know, with the leaked pic :P )
This is Battle-Karma. And I see that is what you wanted her to be. It is not the Karma who expressed how centered, serene and self-confident she was by simply walking straight out on the battlefield, then going "Oh, Yes. This dress maay have been impractical."
Expressed in the way she stood, calmly looking around and fanning herself. Entering the battleground as a noblewoman who simply will not be fazed. I can see her staring down Shyvanas true form, fans fluttering, the only change of expression and poise an arched eyebrow. In her impractical dress.
I will miss that ridicilous calm and confidence. I see that my Karma has been measured and found wanting, and that is saddening because she truly was unique. But alright. It was your decision, and I am sure you didn't make it lightly. I won't rant and rave, this is life.

But I have one request. If you add a classical skin, then I can treat the rest as years later, and I get to keep my Karma. Everybody wins. But that requires a dress. This one is much too practical. It requires fans, and it requires her old animations (though feel free to tune them up). Especially the walk and idle ones. And her old voice. I realize and appreciate the gesture of the classic skin (greatly, in fact. It confirms beyond doubt that you listen and you care, which makes this easier to swallow.) Yet if you want the classic skin to be our Karma, it requires its most defining aspects. If you would go to those lengths I will be ridicilously, pathetically grateful for a bridge that ties the new to the old, for getting to, officially, keep my Karma. It would make everybody come out on top.
It is silly, how did I grow this attached to her?

So, I know it will require a lot of work. I don't care if you charge for that. But is there hope? Pretty please?

-Sev"

Dude really. You're level 9. I don't even know where to start with you.

Muhrieyuh

03-06-2013

I'm excited. I'm an avid Karma player both in the mid lane and as a support. Thank you for this riot, it was much needed. =]

Meowington

03-06-2013

Man that pic of I believe a new skin of hers? Whatever it is, the one where she's showing leg. All I can think of "She is a strong black Champion and she don't need no Summoner."

Ceredron

03-06-2013

After reading carefully it appears you guys are just going to release a new champion that looks kind of like Karma, in the way that Syndra looks kind of like Diana. Why not just release a new champion and get someone to rework Karma.

And for God's sake why would you get rid of the fans, her calling card