So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pog Master 2000

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.
Oh neat, that's indirectly telling us she will get a new VO too.

Definitely would be weird to have new VO on the traditional skin.

TheEnygma

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Will the classic skin have the classic VO or the new VO?
what I gather is that every skin that isn't the vintage one will be new VO, the vintage will have the old

Fate000

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Will the classic skin have the classic VO or the new VO?
Old VO.

Confirmed by RiotAmes one page before this one.

Also, is Karma still 6/6/6/0 or is she now 5/5/5/3? I want to know...

Karmaic Avidity

03-06-2013

OMG... LOVING THIS SO FAR! Although I will agree the lack of fans is a little surprising to me, but maybe it'll make more sense once we actually see her new kit. I'm so excited!

Daedelous

03-06-2013

I don't know if you guys will want to share but..

What were the first words that came to mind when you read about that leak?

remeranAuthor

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This was critical to us when updating a character thematically. We just think there's no reason, when updating, we can't also retain the classic character concept as a free skin for legacy fans of the character. Makes it a win-win - get to fix characters with issues in the game, but not "take anything away."
Any word on Spooky Gangplank using the old Gangplank model?

paqw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

is she still an ap carry-support?

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Which is why we give you the traditional skin to play if you enjoy it!
I side with you guys on a lot of things, but the fact that you re-imagined Karma into skankwear then saying that you still offer the traditional skin is a huge copout.

I like the more active look, but the lack of full clothing is kinda obnoxious. It kinda says that you guys didn't find a character who doesn't show off skin less interesting.

I know thats not true. You know its not true, but you still so grossly altered the visual style of the character. Lets be frank here. You *****d Karma up a little.

I normally side with you guys on this stuff, but I am disappointed riot.

The new karma had better be ****ING AWESOME in game I swear to god. If you sexed up one of the only classy female mages without a damn good reason then you will have gutted your own integrity as artists, and will have spat in the face of every player who has tried to defend you against allegations of sexism.

To say "If you don't like it you can have the skin" is an artistic cop out. This visual design says to me that you didn't think a fully clothed up Karma could sell.

Especially because the counterpoint between Karma and Syndra would have been fascinating from a lore and theme perspective.

She had better be damn good, and have a good reason thematically as a character for the design. This game has enough Ms. Fortunes and Zyras and Syndras.

Sessamo

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate000 View Post
Old VO.

Confirmed by RiotAmes one page before this one.

Also, is Karma still 6/6/6/0 or is she now 5/5/5/3? I want to know...
God how I hope it's 5/5/5/3

VexTheHex

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.
Really? I would think it wouldn't match very well. I mean the dress remark will be very out of place. Not a fan of that direction as if I like the new VO over the old, it will take some joy out her the Traditional skin for me. :I

Though I guess if her new VO is awful, it will make me want to play the not quite fitting old VO on the Traditional skin. You guys are making this too complicated to try to please everyone which will end up biting you as having something to irk everyone.

Also new fan champion inspired after Mitsunari Ishida from Samurai Warriors. :P