So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALEXKOND

03-06-2013

Nice rework with Karma RIOT. And a nice touch with the classic Karma skin for the people who likes her actual (soon to be old) art and model. But now you set a very high standard for reworks, hope you keep up the good work!

Ninja Disco Frog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

YES! I'm so happy to see this xD She looks amazing imo. The glowing tattoos and armbands are a nice touch, and i love how much it pops. I will admit I'm going to miss the fans but i am liking her new mantle. Getting the traditional skin version of her will also be a big plus (something about it doent sit well with me though...i dont know what but it doesnt speak out to me), I'm curious as to see how the other 2 skins are going to turn out. (And are those hand mantras I see in her splash art?)

I was a bit worried when seeing the leaked model's leg exposed but it works honestly. Wouldnt compare her to MF or Cassi but she has been made a bit more appealing but doesnt come close to being overly sexy. I think its not so bad though. Its just her leg which has that cool tattoo on it, and it glowing when certain spells are activated makes it really interesting and adds to helping identify certain spells being activated.

I can understand the disappointment in making her more badass but i dont think shes sexualized enough to complain about that (like seriously she went from no skin to one leg and her shoulders....not exactly going the stripper route lol) She still looks regal and classy, just a bit less reserved/conservative and more badass. Maybe a few tweaks on the traditional one would make me happy (like a brighter cream/white? Or making the lace on her leggings darker? idk something seems off lol)
Awesome job though. I am so excited for this! Cant wait to hear more on her new gameplay.

Ferocial

03-06-2013

Guinsoo MIA

Veelivar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2013

Not happy about the removal of her fans in the least.

How does this removal impact her two skins? They were heavily involved in both of them. Sakura for the theme, and Sun Goddess to break up some of the expanse of her stomach/bring more colour and pattern.

Not a fan of her new default, either. The colour choices clash horribly.
If I had to guess what she was about now, Ionia would be the furthest from my mind.She looks far more Voodoo or poison based

Yoruichi

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
Lol this is double-talk. I appreciate the gesture of good faith, but TELLING a community that if you have Karma pre-rework you'll get a free skin is pretty lame.

If you wanted to really reward Karma players with a free skin you wouldn't have mentioned it, and it would have been a nice surprise. Now you are saying you want to reward Karma faithfuls for having her, but anyone can throw down 3150 IP to get a free skin, and that just muddies the gift.
They are a company. What's wrong with making money? I think you're being unrealistic here.

I appreciate that I'm getting a free skin, period. Even with this news, how many people do you think will rush to buy Karma?

GlyphTsen

03-06-2013

Visual rework... looks good, but I'm VERY glad that the "traditional" skin will still be there. I'm very curious how the other two will look however. Sakura Karma was my favorite, and I'm a little concerned it it changes too much (not very, considering she's looking pretty good anyway but it's still a concern).

Other than that, I'm mostly concerned about her rework, but I'm glad to hear that the focus is on her being a Support Mage ala Morg/Lux/Zil, as that was my preferred style with her... I eagerly await actual details.

Esilyn

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaba Tewi View Post
Exactly, that's why Karma is the April Fools joke, everyone buys karma, Riot gets a huge laugh.
Why would Karma's rework be a joke? Karma is not a joke.
I don't think Riot would be stupid to stab so many people in the heart and/or back.
A prank for a new skin or lame champion, maybe. But not something this serious.

Besides, Karma needed this upgrade, and so many fans had been waiting for this,

Unless, of course, you mean that the joke would be the free skin, that's fine. Just not our precious Karma VU!

Sakuri Ono

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Alright so I got the final word here.

Vintage Karma will be available for purchase for two weeks after Karma officially hits the live servers. After that, Vintage Karma will be retired to our legacy skins vault.

Karma's IP / RP prices will not change on her launch.

As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value. You already own Karma and if you liked her old aesthetic, this is the opportunity to get retain that. If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(
So here's a thought I've had floating.

Y'all retracted Goth Annie from an individual sale because of people wanting that feel of 'exclusivity'.

Why didn't you extend this same courtesy to original Karma players and make the skin 'exclusive' to those who bought her before the remake's visual was announced?

Kinnakoa

03-06-2013

Her old design showed that she was poised, elegant, and balanced.

Now she just looks pretty dumb and trampy.

PhoenixSlayer13

03-06-2013

So, uh... sorry to be the non-Karma owner here, but would I get the skin if I buy Karma like right now? I've always kind of liked her but never bought her because I didn't want people to think I was trolling (no offense to Karma players, most people just never realized her power and hence thought she was weak).