So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFineDjentleman

03-28-2013

They took everything Karma was, threw it away, and replaced it with a crappy version of lulu....

BindMind

03-28-2013

I don't seem to have the Traditional Karma skin despite buying her before the update... Anyone else have this issue?

R4P1DZz

03-28-2013

Bought karma asoon as she released. She's was unique to league and there is nothing wrong with a change in visuals.

I dont understand all the complaints about the fact she 'has less clothes' its a game get over it.

Cant please everyone i guess.

PS: Now rework Sivir's VISUALS shes so outdated

House of Defoe

03-28-2013

Actually bought her before the change just to see what all this was about, and now have absolutely zero clue what was so horrible about her that they needed to delete her and make a new champ. To be honest she was the most fun I've had on a support champ, and certainly filled the role in a much more satisfying way than Janna or Saraka.

Not to pigeonhole her in support though...I'm too crappy a player to take advantage of it but I've seen the sort of potential she had for some genuinely creative ap work. The only conclusion I can draw from people not playing her is either that people don't bother taking the time with her or else just don't like support.

So I honestly don't know the reasoning behind this, as the changes seem to take away most/all of her fun/unique components and replace them with generic support mage no.6. The reasoning certainly isn't "bringing a more cohesive vision to the character," since the old karma was all about duality and reflected as such, both aesthetically and via her skills. The new Karma creates a more cohesive character only insomuch as there's now a new label and the character was tweaked and changed until it fit into it.

Either there's just some pathological fear of support going on or some aversion to nontraditional champs. Either way the change seems much more geared against the old karma than for a new one.

Y'all crazy.

AFineDjentleman

03-28-2013

Quote:

Actually bought her before the change just to see what all this was about, and now have absolutely zero clue what was so horrible about her that they needed to delete her and make a new champ. To be honest she was the most fun I've had on a support champ, and certainly filled the role in a much more satisfying way than Janna or Saraka.

Not to pigeonhole her in support though...I'm too crappy a player to take advantage of it but I've seen the sort of potential she had for some genuinely creative ap work. The only conclusion I can draw from people not playing her is either that people don't bother taking the time with her or else just don't like support.

So I honestly don't know the reasoning behind this, as the changes seem to take away most/all of her fun/unique components and replace them with generic support mage no.6. The reasoning certainly isn't "bringing a more cohesive vision to the character," since the old karma was all about duality and reflected as such, both aesthetically and via her skills. The new Karma creates a more cohesive character only insomuch as there's now a new label and the character was tweaked and changed until it fit into it.

Either there's just some pathological fear of support going on or some aversion to nontraditional champs. Either way the change seems much more geared against the old karma than for a new one.

Y'all crazy.
Exactly. They took everything that she was--a very unique versatile support/AP carry-- and turned her into another support who doesnt have any repercussions for cast order or any truly unique play.

Karma will be greatly missed. I guess its time to go learn how to play the "Riot envisioned" bastardization of Karma...

On second thought, I think its time to add another champ to the no play list.

robtorbay

03-28-2013

You know I think the rework makes since for those who wanted to play her more AP; while I cant say that she was bad the way she was because I really enjoyed her as she was.....

IDK Something new something fun!

InfamousPenguin

03-28-2013

So, The patch is out, But I don't own the skin, And I bought her before the launch.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousPenguin View Post
So, The patch is out, But I don't own the skin, And I bought her before the launch.
Same, I was oblivious to the rework. :/ I had just got her because she had this unassuming look to her that I thought might help as a support. Oh well. Hopefully they get it straightened out soon.

Sowned Wayvzz

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFineDjentleman View Post
Exactly. They took everything that she was--a very unique versatile support/AP carry-- and turned her into another support who doesnt have any repercussions for cast order or any truly unique play.

Karma will be greatly missed. I guess its time to go learn how to play the "Riot envisioned" bastardization of Karma...

On second thought, I think its time to add another champ to the no play list.

I am so enraged at riot to the point where I'm not sure how much longer i can stand their bull****. Karma was a very great support, BUT ONLY SUPPORT, there had never been a champion such as karma that was only support and now with the change there never will be. Riot does not listen to anyone's feedback either. Not only do they change things that dont need to be changed but they wreck everything in they're path. I am a die hard karma fan, and the way she played was so fun, and she was the only unique champion in all of league of legends, she is now just another support mage, like morgana, like lux. It's bull****. She did not need a rework, i would have been okay, unhappy, but okay with a visual update, but they made her a completely different champion, she isn't even karma anymore. She is this new "Riot'ized" version of karma. Like they are doing with everything. I have been a player for lol for all 3 seasons now and it gets worse and worse, Riot has ruined 1 of the best things in league of legends, and of course all of us who actually liked and played her played her because we liked HOW she was played, and riot went and ****ed that up to make everyone who didnt play her happy, so **** you riot.

xifile

03-28-2013

Sowned waves so angry, you mad bro