So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futonnnnnngghhh

Member

03-21-2013

This rework completely destroys the champion we know as Karma. Her current kit is fine and one of the most fun ones in LoL, the new one however is plain boring. Not to mention her new look...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oventoasted

Senior Member

03-21-2013

I feel like the passive is a cop-out. You could easily add that into Mantra and give her a real passive (maybe like her old one, which I personally loved). Her old passive gave her a feeling of being the leader that fights to her very last breath before retreating. Her passive and her "ult" are, imo, what makes Karma herself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valiant Corvus

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocta View Post
This rework completely destroys the champion we know as Karma. Her current kit is fine and one of the most fun ones in LoL, the new one however is plain boring. Not to mention her new look...
She's anything BUT fine when she has one of the lowest pick rates/win rates in the entire game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futonnnnnngghhh

Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Corvus View Post
She's anything BUT fine when she has one of the lowest pick rates/win rates in the entire game.
What's wrong with a champion thats simply not good at everything? What's wrong with having a champion that depends on its team - in a team based game. She is fine and just because she isn't played that much, doesn't mean that she needs change. God damn it not every champion can be in 55% of all games. Would you say that Poppy needs a rework just because she isn't popular? Karma has her place and is extremely fun to play with her current kit. There's absolutely no need to take this uniqueness away and mash it into something so plain and common.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necroantix

Junior Member

03-21-2013

When is the relaunch scheduled to take place?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLapse

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocta View Post
What's wrong with a champion thats simply not good at everything? What's wrong with having a champion that depends on its team - in a team based game. She is fine and just because she isn't played that much, doesn't mean that she needs change. God damn it not every champion can be in 55% of all games. Would you say that Poppy needs a rework just because she isn't popular? Karma has her place and is extremely fun to play with her current kit. There's absolutely no need to take this uniqueness away and mash it into something so plain and common.
Karma's kit requires the entire team to know how it works. Not to mention how situational things can get with a slow that can barely be maintained, and a small-ranged Q.

I appreciate the heal, but for a ranged caster of any sort, having that Q hitbox be that tiny is very disadvantageous.

I would love to hear you argue about how she's somehow viable in Solo/Duo queues of any sort, but anything said would be contradicted very easily (which means you can go ahead and try). Due to the fact that you're not going to be playing a hand-picked 5vs5 the entire time that you're playing LoL, she's not that common to choose at all. It took playing Karma and playing with the few Karmas that knew how to play her (a bunch of times at that) to even fully understand what I could do with her kit. I think that's what Riot wants to stop, even if it means changing character roles of a character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Featherfox

Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLapse View Post
Karma's kit requires the entire team to know how it works. Not to mention how situational things can get with a slow that can barely be maintained, and a small-ranged Q.

I appreciate the heal, but for a ranged caster of any sort, having that Q hitbox be that tiny is very disadvantageous.

I would love to hear you argue about how she's somehow viable in Solo/Duo queues of any sort, but anything said would be contradicted very easily (which means you can go ahead and try). Due to the fact that you're not going to be playing a hand-picked 5vs5 the entire time that you're playing LoL, she's not that common to choose at all. It took playing Karma and playing with the few Karmas that knew how to play her (a bunch of times at that) to even fully understand what I could do with her kit. I think that's what Riot wants to stop, even if it means changing character roles of a character.
They miss sticking a Warmogs on her and using the % heal to tank. One of the few characters in the game that truly rewarded you for building health. Since Karma doesn't have hard CC, she'll mostly be ignored in a teamfight, allowing her to get within range to do what she must. Thus, AP-Tank Karma can turn teamfights if played correctly.

That's what I gathered from my research on the matter.

- Featherfox


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futonnnnnngghhh

Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLapse View Post
Karma's kit requires the entire team to know how it works. Not to mention how situational things can get with a slow that can barely be maintained, and a small-ranged Q.
It's just as contraproductive to not know how any champion in your team works. Karmas kit isn't a special case there. Not knowing that champion X has a stun is not different from not knowing that Karmas Spirit Bond deals damage when going through enemys. And that's really the only ability slightly less self-explanatory. You see her heal once and you get it. You see her (empowered) Shield once and you get it. You see a red beam connecting between two champions - it has to be something negative. You see a green beam connecting - it has to be something positive. Her kit is not in any way hard to understand. Spirit Bond has quite a big range and is easily maintained btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLapse View Post
I appreciate the heal, but for a ranged caster of any sort, having that Q hitbox be that tiny is very disadvantageous.
Her Q doesn't have a tiny hitbox. It's simply more wide than far.
Swain is also a ranged caster and his range isn't great on his ultimate - what do you do? You go somewhat tanky. Can that be effectively done with Karma? Yes
Karma is a champion you (better) not go full AP with. Shes extremely potent late game by going that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLapse View Post
I would love to hear you argue about how she's somehow viable in Solo/Duo queues of any sort, but anything said would be contradicted very easily (which means you can go ahead and try). Due to the fact that you're not going to be playing a hand-picked 5vs5 the entire time that you're playing LoL, she's not that common to choose at all. It took playing Karma and playing with the few Karmas that knew how to play her (a bunch of times at that) to even fully understand what I could do with her kit. I think that's what Riot wants to stop, even if it means changing character roles of a character.
Not every champion has to be viable in Solo/Duo. What's the problem with a champ that's simply not good in Solo?

You are also not always gonna play Solo. Completely disregarding people who prefer to play with a hand-picked 5vs5 is ridiculous. Not to mention that you expect everyone in Solo to be bad enough, to not understand how Karma basically works after seeing it once - i already talked about that tho.

Mastering a champion != Knowing what a champion does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somohexual

Senior Member

03-21-2013

- Removed her thematic heal
- Removed her fun, thematic passive
- Removed her iconic fans
- Removed her feeling of "balance and serenity" visually
- Gave her an exact replica of LeBlanc's Ethereal Chains but stronger

Riot, I am disappoint. :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferwindar

Member

03-21-2013

Come on, Riot, Karma has lost what we loved about her: her AoE poke/heal.

She needed a slight buff and maybe a MINOR tweaking, not a complete overhaul.

She is now an ap champion and we already had plenty of those.

And those spikes "comming out of her shoulders" are weird as hell.