So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maraad

03-06-2013

Gg wp @scarizard, now i wont be able to sleep because of all this awesomeness t_t.

Severian NA

03-06-2013

This is an exceptional execution of a reworked look. I won't lie, I don't dislike this Karma. Though I do not like her losing her calm under any circumstances, I can see why that might be dehumanizing her too much.

Yet, as I feared, this becomes a clean break. Like it is suddenly the future, and her old friends barely recognize her. (We did have issues as you know, with the leaked pic :P )
This is Battle-Karma. And I see that is what you wanted her to be. It is not the Karma who expressed how centered, serene and self-confident she was by simply walking straight out on the battlefield, then going "Oh, Yes. This dress maay have been impractical."
Expressed in the way she stood, calmly looking around and fanning herself. Entering the battleground as a noblewoman who simply will not be fazed. I can see her staring down Shyvanas true form, fans fluttering, the only change of expression and poise an arched eyebrow. In her impractical dress.
I will miss that ridicilous calm and confidence. I see that my Karma has been measured and found wanting, and that is saddening because she truly was unique. But alright. It was your decision, and I am sure you didn't make it lightly. I won't rant and rave, this is life.

But I have one request. If you add a classical skin, then I can treat the rest as years later, and I get to keep my Karma. Everybody wins. But that requires a dress. This one is much too practical. It requires fans, and it requires her old animations (though feel free to tune them up). Especially the walk and idle ones. And her old voice. I realize and appreciate the gesture of the classic skin (greatly, in fact. It confirms beyond doubt that you listen and you care, which makes this easier to swallow.) Yet if you want the classic skin to be our Karma, it requires its most defining aspects. If you would go to those lengths I will be ridicilously, pathetically grateful for a bridge that ties the new to the old, for getting to, officially, keep my Karma. It would make everybody come out on top.
It is silly, how did I grow this attached to her?

So, I know it will require a lot of work. I don't care if you charge for that. But is there hope? Pretty please? @Grumpy Monkey @Ironstylus @Morello

-Sev

Jumpluff

03-06-2013

Looks like Karma's losing her fans.

Myself included.

Evulpix

03-06-2013

Sigh I was afraid of this,

I really liked Karma because her look always looked so unique to me in contrast to all the female champions, she looked interesting without needing to look 'sexy' or show off her body. Now she's just like any of the other champions :L

relevantex

03-06-2013

Amazing. Brb earning IP

Jowy Avilon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

my Question is, with "Traditional Karma" becoming a skin and her new VU model being her "Basic Skin" what are her current skins, Sakura Karma and Sun Goddess Karma going to look like with her relaunch.

Rogue Winter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
RiotAmes answered this previously, but to reiterate:

Whoever owns Karma prior to her officially hitting our live servers will receive the Traditional Karma. So if you buy it one day before she launches, you get Traditional Karma.

The free Traditional Karma skin was primarily to reward Karma faithfuls for having her, but it's not surprising that there are some of you who might buy Karma specifically for the free skin. It wasn't our focus to incentivise some sort of 'pre-selling,' but we felt it was the best thing to do just so people can have the opportunity and there's less grey area.
*puts on thick framed glasses*

Samurai Dom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:

Whoever owns Karma prior to her officially hitting our live servers will receive the Traditional Karma. So if you buy it one day before she launches, you get Traditional Karma.

The free Traditional Karma skin was primarily to reward Karma faithfuls for having her, but it's not surprising that there are some of you who might buy Karma specifically for the free skin. It wasn't our focus to incentivise some sort of 'pre-selling,' but we felt it was the best thing to do just so people can have the opportunity and there's less grey area.
So will Traditional Karma be in the store when the rework goes live?

Hellioning

03-06-2013

Quote:

I think they were asking if they bought Karma after the rework launched, could they buy Traditional Karma in the store?

Dryad Soraka

03-06-2013

Quote:

1 day owners =/= karma faithfuls
a slap in the face almost, it should only be given to people who've actually owned her