Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImANubCake

03-19-2013

Quote:
BunnySwan:
Wow i just saw the new remade skins... her 'dress' isn't impractical anymore cause she isn't wearing a dress! The Sakura one looks awful! What happened to her kimono?
The reasons i loved Karma were here fans (which at least were added to her dance) and her dresses!

Full body dress is hard to animate which would explain the kimono being gone.

HarryOrunitia

03-19-2013

Quote:
ImANubCake:
Full body dress is hard to animate which would explain the kimono being gone.

I don't see how "it's hard to animate" can be considered a valid excuse for a company as big as Riot and a game as big as League of Legends.

Sinspurch

03-19-2013

I will wait for her release! I owned her for quite some time and im very excited for what's in store. : ]

Jivira

03-19-2013

Personally, I'm hoping they will go the extra distance and make a Legendary Karma skin with a model and animations that support a full dress. Maybe a bit altered from her old deal, but something elegant for her to wear when the fight breaks out at a formal ceremony instead of on a battlefield : )

VEENMA

03-19-2013

Why get rid of her Fans AOE damage and heal? it was an amazing move with very powerful damage... the new Q looks alright but rather... lack luster, a skill shot just doesnt feel right with Karma. The new E shield is going to be OP unless the damage is ****. Finally, changing her Passive was an absolutely stupid move. Her passive defined her. I LOVED being able to turn around at 100 or less hp and surprise an opponent with a TONNE of burst damage! seriously, it was amazing! this new passive is.... ****ty at best. Mantra was no where near as definitive to Karma's play-style as her passive was. As a karma player I never needed the Mantra cool downs.. her entire play-style is to kite an opponent, get low on health, then turn around and with a Mantra-boosted Shield, burst the enemy. you only ever needed 1 mantra for a kill and any more was a luxery, so why change her passive to better suit her mantra system? anyway thats all my complaints... Karma will still be good, albeit way too noob friendly, but shes not Karma anymore, and not as good. Might as well have made a new champ on this :/ ... GG WP old Karma </3

rÖrschach

03-19-2013

was wondering when shes well be relaunched

Remorceful

03-19-2013

cool

BerzerkerStance

03-19-2013

i expected to wake up this morning and play my new karma ... wat gives ..?

L33tT4rd

03-19-2013

Personally, I like how Karma is right now along w/her kit. It's unique and fun. Just a Mantra cooldown tweak and she'd be perfect.

I'll miss the fans and the heal. Now she won't be able to heal an ally. I'll miss being able to tether onto a minion to get to lane faster. (Like Sona's E).

I'll try her on the PBE and give another opinion but right now I'm kinda sad 8(. RIP old Karma.

chumbler

03-19-2013

Quote:
HarryOrunitia:
I don't see how "it's hard to animate" can be considered a valid excuse for a company as big as Riot and a game as big as League of Legends.

I suspect a large part of the "It's hard to animate" thing is that it's hard to make it look good while also keeping the system demands as low as they are. LoL, WoW, and many other highly popular PC games are so popular because you can run them on little more than a toaster. System demands for whatever they add have to be taken account, and I imagine that was a big part of why they opted against the dress. I seriously doubt it was because of lack of effort.

People may not remember the old Queen Ashe model, but that was a very good example of how dresses can look really bad if they're kept as simple models with animation that assumes the normal, no dress model. Morgana is not a counterexample because her dress is basically a solid shell, and she doesn't actually have leg animation.