Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlesandroK

03-19-2013

can we know the exact date the rework will come to real servers

EZNtree

03-19-2013

Quote:
Scarizard:

W: Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

so its just a better version of leblancs e?

Amadaun the 0th

03-19-2013

Quote:
Scarizard:
Oh yeah, this is probably important to mention - Her AA range is 525 at the moment. Not gonna give homegirl incentives to aggressively AA and keep her at the old numbers! Take Inspire and level 1 and enjoy just training people with her super awesome auto attack!

Also i've edited the main post to clarify, but Inner Flame is AoE. The slow and damage is applied around the unit you first strike with it, making it possibly to trigger Gathering Fire multiple times if you manage to snipe a group of enemy champions!

Saw people asking about her AA range.
I approve of this, although I was fine with her old one because it was roughly the same range as her Q and AoE shield.

Alessandra

03-19-2013

Ilike her new artistic design, a little borderline on the skin showing department but still elegant enough. I'm sure her particles will be equally impressive

ability wise i will miss the heal, and with her lack of cc i will always be concerned she won't cut it as a support, I wish they either made her a full ap mage to go mid or a full support to go bot. Lux and morganna are pretty low on the support tiers anyway. Thresh taric sona lulu zyra will always get picked over the former, so comparing karma to them doesnt bring a smile to my face.

We'll have to see though, karma's problem as support was her need for AP to do anything, yet all i see here is that she still needs that AP because there's not enough utility.

Swmpmnstr

Recruiter

03-19-2013

I appreciate Riot trying to improve Karma because she was lacking when trying to go APC, especially with the deathfire nerf, but she is THE most ideal support in the game and I don't think completely changing everything about her is the change that needs to be made. She basically has LeBlanc's skills and is a pseudo support like Orianna. I recently played a ranked game as her and 2 people on our team afk'd so it was myself(Karma), Hecarim and Swain. We ended up winning and in that situation Karma was THE best choice for support I could have made. Taking away her team heal I think is the biggest mistake in the entire new kit. Her AoE heal was, and is one of the most useful skills in terms of support and taking that away more-or-less completely nulls her role as a support.

She may not have been intended to be the support she is, but I don't think you should completely change her because what's happened didn't exactly match your original hopes for the champion. She was never under-powered, but now she's just going to get over played and all of the things that made Karma Karma and gave her the cult following she currently has are going to be completely ruined. Karma probably has THE most dedicated fanbase of all champions and now you're going to completely ruin that to make some easy to play copy of other champions so she'll see more games.

tl;dr: I like that Riot's trying to improve her but I don't think a complete rework is the best solution -- if anything, integrate the proposed changes into her current kit. She's my absolute favourite champion and removing almost all of her support qualities isn't the change that should be made.

StringStrangle02

03-19-2013

I've been waiting for this for SO LONG

GekkoST

03-19-2013

Quote:
Morello:
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community

Please sir, not another word from you about nerfs and how they are needed until Darius gets a REAL nerf.

Ranteros

03-19-2013

Wish Riot would bring back their Lore Team... I always enjoyed logging in and seeing "New Lore has been added" It just made me feel like a part of the game, rather than just a player. I don't know if anyone agrees, I just wish they would bring the team back.

mittens417

03-19-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.

It DID kind of work but, with 40% cdr, your looking at shields that can be cast every six seconds, managing mantra for E2, means your gaining around 1600hp (for AP karma) in a team fight, with barrier, and serpahs embrace ONTOP of that, your dealing mass aoe damage, whilst also gaining the full 130ap if managed correctly. 800Ap Karma ->3 shields, low cooldowns, health tank yes plz.

Esarius

03-19-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.

Karma has range...?