Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
DemiluniS:
yeah, and that was a mistake to call her like that, it's just misleading


^

Her previous design had something karmatic: Inner flame, the more you hit her, the stronger she got, slapping back at you!

Now that Scarizard has said himself 'there is no longer anything karmatic about her' it's pretty misleading she's still called Karma.

This is NOT an answer to the 'omg are you saying zac should be called blobguy' argument - please tell me what page it brings you to guys!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemiluniS

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
BestBilbo:
Careful, names are chosen with great caution and sometimes more obvious than the other - you know, 'Brand'

Anyhow, I'd like to know what page it brings people to when F3'ing this thread and searching auxiliary so I can explain why we shouldn't take Karma's name lightly.

it doesn't bring me anywhere :\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
DemiluniS:
b
P.S. maybe they just didn't want to change her theme to karma, but try to keep her as a spiritual leader


Yes but they also claim to want to make the character the most readable it can be - you see how it his heavily in conflict with eachother?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Josh de Tonreau

Senior Member

03-18-2013

No lol it's too late for a name
I like the name anyway
Either way names do not mark champion themes. Some do, like "syndra" or "nautilus"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whyumai

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
BestBilbo:
Careful, names are chosen with great caution and sometimes more obvious than the other - you know, 'Brand'

Anyhow, I'd like to know what page it brings people to when F3'ing this thread and searching auxiliary so I can explain why we shouldn't take Karma's name lightly.


Nasus is Susan backwards. That's why he's called Nasus. It's a reference.

The name doesn't explain the champion. Sometimes it's a hint towards a characterist but it never defines the champion.

Lee Sin for example is a play on words for Listen since it's a blind champion. That really has nothing to do with his skillset though.

Veigar is a midget (/yordle) because the person he's named after is quite tall. Yet his name has nothing to do with his skillset.

Names do not define the champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
DemiluniS:
it doesn't bring me anywhere :\


What about searching 'Olaf ItemsGuy' - that would do!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemiluniS

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
BestBilbo:
^

Her previous design had something karmatic: Inner flame, the more you hit her, the stronger she got, slapping back at you!

Now that Scarizard has said himself 'there is no longer anything karmatic about her' it's pretty misleading she's still called Karma.

This is NOT an answer to the 'omg are you saying zac should be called blobguy' argument - please tell me what page it brings you to guys!

yeah, and this is the direct problem, there's nothing karmatic left about her but since the name tied to the character and she originally supposed to be a spiritual leader, they couldn't rename her so they just tied to the spiritual leader with the wrong name


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Whyumai:
Nasus is Susan backwards. That's why he's called Nasus. It's a reference.

The name doesn't explain the champion. Sometimes it's a hint towards a characterist but it never defines the champion.

Lee Sin for example is a play on words for Listen since it's a blind champion. That really has nothing to do with his skillset though.

Veigar is a midget (/yordle) because the person he's named after is quite tall. Yet his name has nothing to do with his skillset.

Names do not define the champion.


There's a real specific reason Karma is called Karma otherwise she would have had a way more random name - way more abstract such as the Lee Sin example you explain, just got to find the post - bro, sadly my F3 key is broken, could you tell me what page it gets you to when you type 'olaf itemsguy' ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyceAether

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Instead of giving her the old passive back, give her Q a ratio that scales on a percentage of her maximum health.

For every 1% of her maximum health missing, she does 1% more damage to champions. BOOM!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Josh de Tonreau

Senior Member

03-18-2013

They're still feeling her out anyway so