So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

Bedtime for me, u two dont kill eachother or any innocent bystanders! And keep in mine tomorrow is the Q and A so just try and figure out what you want to ask there make sure its some good stuff

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Bedtime for me, u two dont kill eachother or any innocent bystanders! And keep in mine tomorrow is the Q and A so just try and figure out what you want to ask there make sure its some good stuff
Goodnight dude, I'll be off soon as well!

EDIT: Downvote me because I say goodnight to someone - you have quite some humour, mysterious downvoter!

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Goodnight dude, I'll be off soon as well!

EDIT: Downvote me because I say goodnight to someone - you have quite some humour, mysterious downvoter!
Upvoted you! Night

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Upvoted you! Night
Just note - he downvoted you as well which I had upvoted again, confirming you are not the mysterious constant downvoter - now off you go! (lol)

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

DemiluniS you still there, otherwise I should go to bed. Waiting for your response, if you don't want to respond any longer, please say so, though.

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

let's leave her name for a moment. her title is the Enlightened One. which directs to her having some supernatural powers. from her splash we see that she's like meditating, calm posture, energy around her palms, the garb to emphesize her status, the dragons to emphesize her mental balance, we getting that's she a spiritual leader. now if she's a spiritual leader she supposed to protect her allies but she also have power to fight and stand for herself in a difficult situation and that's what her skillset actually does

Josh de Tonreau

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
let's leave her name for a moment. her title is the Enlightened One. which directs to her having some supernatural powers. from her splash we see that she's like meditating, calm posture, energy around her palms, the garb to emphesize her status, the dragons to emphesize her mental balance, we getting that's she a spiritual leader. now if she's a spiritual leader she supposed to protect her allies but she also have power to fight and stand for herself in a fifficult situation and that's what her skillset actually does

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

sorry, I was thinking about what to write, I added you to my friendlist if you wanna keep the conversation later on, you're a really nice interlocutor I would like to keep in contact with you

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
let's leave her name for a moment. her title is the Enlightened One. which directs to her having some supernatural powers. from her splash we see that she's like meditating, calm posture, energy around her palms, the garb to emphesize her status, the dragons to emphesize her mental balance, we getting that's she a spiritual leader. now if she's a spiritual leader she supposed to protect her allies but she also have power to fight and stand for herself in a fifficult situation and that's what her skillset actually does
Yet if you tell a new player 'this kit is all about being a spiritual leader' you aren't really helping him in any way.

If you tell the player 'this kit is all about redirecting anything you throw at the target' you are giving him an idea of what the kit is all about instantly.

You keep on defending Riot's choice - I'm going to repeat: They want the most thematically tied and readable character as possible.

With your own posts (such as the one saying 'omg how am i supposed to explain, read the lore of karma!) you have confirmed 'Spiritual leader' is indeed a very weird and abstract and thus unreadable theme, so they could've chosen for 'Karma' instead to make a more readable design.

Yet again - it's living up to their own standards of making a good design - making the design as good as it can be when it comes to theme, readability and counterplay.

Currently, readability is not fixed with this rework - hence I'm complaining, do you understand that? I'm not asking you 'why her kit does represent being a spiritual leader'

I'm asking you to understand that 'karma' is a WAY more readable theme to convert to a kit than 'spiritual leader' which eventually makes the theme 'karma' healthier for the game.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure why you would possibly downvote this - it are Riot's own words to strive for a champion that is tied to theme and is as readable as possible - in this post I explain how they could have made it way more readable because currently it's extremely abstract and I get a downvote.

I'm welcome! I guess.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
sorry, I was thinking about what to write, I added you to my friendlist if you wanna keep the conversation later on, you're a really nice interlocutor I would like to keep in contact with you
You talking about me? If so, I'll accept it tomorrow right away! Glad you are liking our talk.