So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
and how exactly her old appearence was clear?!
Oh - might have misinterpretted this post, perhaps you meant 'previous karma wasn't readable either!' - which isn't really a valid point.

This was an opportunity to make her a better design so also improving on that readability.

Im not defending old karma, she needed work bad, just not the work they've announced now.

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Wasn't talking about her old appearance - was talking about her new once that clearly has the themes 'karma, yin-yang and spiritualism'

If all of these themes are incorperated into her visual appearance, they should all be reflected into gameplay, instead they've dropped on them alltogether and made a 'tension and momentum playstyle', thus not thematically fitting and being misleading.
her new appearence doesn't have karma and yin-yang anymore! it's just balance, balanced mental power that she uses to fight, if this not readable enough I don't know what is, I need to explain how a spiritual mage supposed to fight now?!

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Hey buddy, sorry if I'm going to be entirely wrong about this, but I have to ask you;

are you the dude that's always guarenteed to give me a -1 aka downvote? If so I'd ask you to stop with it - I feel I have just as much a reason to be in here as you.

Sorry if this is not the case, I was just wondering because you're always here when I post as well.

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

Quote:
I hope they will make all of her mantra'ed abilities situatiational so she'll have the choice to use the best one for the situation, something they failed with before
I hope so as well, altho currently u could pick more support Q was great if you placed urself well. APC E was amazing. I kinda loved that whole i got something for every situation(Gosh was a word). I just hope thats not gone.

Cant wait to play her on the PBE, and hear what you guys think. There is alot of passion here and makes me not feel so alone in playing Karma.

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

Quote:
Hey buddy, sorry if I'm going to be entirely wrong about this, but I have to ask you;

are you the dude that's always guarenteed to give me a -1 aka downvote? If so I'd ask you to stop with it - I feel I have just as much a reason to be in here as you.

Sorry if this is not the case, I was just wondering because you're always here when I post as well.
I have upvoted you a couple times and downvoted you once i think. Generally i got to skip your posts there too long for me. And i have the feeling they constantly have the remake of Karma in it which i alrdy gave my opinion abt. And i even think i said why i downvoted you that one time. Atleast i tend to say why i disagree with someone and downvote them.

But overall you seem to be rly busy and skip over what i say anyways :P I do want to know why u think i downvote you?

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
her new appearence doesn't have karma and yin-yang anymore! it's just balance, balanced mental power that she uses to fight, if this not readable enough I don't know what is, I need to explain how a spiritual mage supposed to fight now?!
For the Karma part: Could you F3 this thread and search for "auxiliary" and tell me which page it brings you to? It includes a post where people should not take it lightly that Karma's name is Karma.

Please do this, I can't do this myself, my F3 key is broken and can't find the page.

Balance part: Huge floating Yin-Yang on her design, that IS balance, the Ionia symbol IS balance.

Yeah - what is the common goal of a spiritual mage? It's not readable, it could be thousand things this kit could work towards to - explain me in a sentence or two what a 'spiritual mage' is all about so I know in an instant what the character is going to do with what type of mechanics.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
I have upvoted you a couple times and downvoted you once i think. Generally i got to skip your posts there too long for me. And i have the feeling they constantly have the remake of Karma in it which i alrdy gave my opinion abt. And i even think i said why i downvoted you that one time. Atleast i tend to say why i disagree with someone and downvote them.

But overall you seem to be rly busy and skip over what i say anyways :P I do want to know why u think i downvote you?
No problem then, buddy! Please note all of my posts of the past hour have been extremely short, though.

Also, already told you what I had some suspiscion: you are here all the time, even when I'm here!

I had to ask, nothing wrong with you being here, if anything, it's extremely good you are here and fighting for what you believe they should've done with Karma.

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
I hope so as well, altho currently u could pick more support Q was great if you placed urself well. APC E was amazing. I kinda loved that whole i got something for every situation(Gosh was a word). I just hope thats not gone.

Cant wait to play her on the PBE, and hear what you guys think. There is alot of passion here and makes me not feel so alone in playing Karma.
yeah, but the main problem was that it wasn't kinda, situational? you had 2 mantras which didn't really gave you the chance to choose what ability you want to empower cuz empowered W was useless, now if you need extra damage use R>Q, getting tower dived? need to kite? use R>W, need to protect your team? R>E, imo that's a much more fun of a gameplay and actually make you choose what ability to empower

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

Quote:
No problem then, buddy! Please note all of my posts of the past hour have been extremely short, though.

Also, already told you what I had some suspiscion: you are here all the time, even when I'm here!

I had to ask, nothing wrong with you being here, if anything, it's extremely good you are here and fighting for what you believe they should've done with Karma.
Thats true your posts are shorter now but are talking mostly abt things i would have to know more abt rly read abt to talk abt the whole ying yang thing all i got is the standard stuff. Good and Evil next to eachother both have a small part of each with in them. And Karma is what goes around comes around. But i have to belief there is more to both not just that small bit of information i currently have.

I like what your trying to say overall from the stuff i have seen and you seem to rly wanna keep the balance and what goes around comes around feel of Karma its generally why i upvote you. But to be able to rly talk abt it all i would have to learn more or come over like an compleet ass. And i think i have done that plenty alrdy ask DemiluniS. I attempted to rip him a new one several times over. Its why i generally shut up and read. My emotions tend to get a handle of me, and you got a good brain on your shoulders. I feel the stuff i want out of Karma is being talked abt and i rather not get in the way

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
For the Karma part: Could you F3 this thread and search for "auxiliary" and tell me which page it brings you to? It includes a post where people should not take it lightly that Karma's name is Karma.

Please do this, I can't do this myself, my F3 key is broken and can't find the page.

Balance part: Huge floating Yin-Yang on her design, that IS balance, the Ionia symbol IS balance.

Yeah - what is the common goal of a spiritual mage? It's not readable, it could be thousand things this kit could work towards to - explain me in a sentence or two what a 'spiritual mage' is all about so I know in an instant what the character is going to do with what type of mechanics.
it's like explaining you what a nine-tailed fox supposed to do! for someone who didn't read the chinese folklore I had no idea what a nine-tailed fox is all about, and had no idea who she is, from ahri's splash I just saw that she uses some kind of blue energy ball, I didn't know she's all about flirt and attraction, so samething goes about karma, I can't give you any direction besides her spiritual power, cuz I don't know what's her new lore is about.