So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

03-18-2013

Awwwww yeahhhhhhhh
Finally, my favorite unique champion is being destroyed!
I've been waiting for this moment since never.

MrJZoku

03-18-2013

soooo 1 charge on her mantra? really....man i wish akali had 1 maybe 2 charges on her ulti then...or idk maybe allow karma to regain them on assist or a kill? seriously riot...if you take her mantra to 1 then do it to akali or put akali to 2 charges and don't allow her to regain them on assist or kill....

I say give karma a mantra on assist or kill as well or giving her 2 mantras instead of 1.

Straight stupid if she only has 1 mantra...can't even get more on a level up? come on really riot

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
how isn't?! you look at her splash and what the first thing you think about? A female that uses a spirit power! that's not clear enough?!
'Spirit power' is an extremely unreadable and abstract theme and if she's entirely about that it's still misleading for her to have that huge floating Taijitu/yin-yang/ionia symbol ( THEY ALL RESPRESENT THE SAME)

When looking at Brand you know you are going to get burned aka most of his kit works towards a damage over time effect

when looking at Karma and saying 'shes going to screw me over with spiritual power' doesn't really tell you anything, it's vague, abstract and extremely unreadable.

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Misspoken? It was the first post in this thread he has made concerning her gameplay, he has CONCIOUSLY SAID that the playstyle entirely works towards the goal of 'tension and momentum', thus not having anything to do with Karma at all.

Just saying that you think 'he might have misspoken himself' is an extremely cheap way to talk your way out of this, no offense buddy.

EDIT: Do you honestly think the main designer who has been working for months on a kit for a champion to 'misspeak' himself and fail to actually give the actual goal the kit is supposed to work towards to? Lol
can you difine a champion with "tension and momentum" gameplay?! you can't understand what exactly he meant by saying it! and even if he actually meant that, every champion played differently anyway and again you can't judge until you try her out and understand what her designer meant about this type of gameplay

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
They said that to give a good impression.

So the theme of balance :
-E : -Offence : Damage when you use mantra
-Defence : Shield with or without mantra
The speed is an offensive and defensive tool, chase, or flee.

-W : -Offence : Damage over time with or without mantra
-Defence : Heal over time with mantra
The root is an offensive and defensive tool.

Only her Q is missing the balancing.
The main designer has said the entire kit is all about tension and momentum, right now you are just looking for cheap ways to explain to me how there is balance incorperated into her design in a very abstract/wrong way.

I could do the same for Jayce: yin-yang is incorperated, 50% of his kit is melee, 50% of his kit is range! No.

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

Quote:
maybe like leblanc's type of ultimate, if she's so dependant on it I don't think the cd is going to be too long
Wouldnt her passive then lower it rly quickly? Cause two R/E's in a teamfight seem abit too strong again i dont know the numbers but the spell itself currently looks strong. Stronger then the other mantra's.

I dont know im just worried she will have too much power in her R/E. Or that Mantra wont rly fit anymore. Again not good with change but thanks for replying.

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
'Spirit power' is an extremely unreadable and abstract theme and if she's entirely about that it's still misleading for her to have that huge floating Taijitu/yin-yang/ionia symbol ( THEY ALL RESPRESENT THE SAME)

When looking at Brand you know you are going to get burned aka most of his kit works towards a damage over time effect

when looking at Karma and saying 'shes going to screw me over with spiritual power' doesn't really tell you anything, it's vague, abstract and extremely unreadable.
and how exactly her old appearence was clear?!

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
can you difine a champion with "tension and momentum" gameplay?!
That's the point of readability - the more readable your theme/goal of a champion is, the more easy it is to understand.

The fact we both have NO IDEA what it's actually is all supposed to be all about confirms my point: it's unreadable.

Are we going to argue that 'Frost Archer' is an unreadable playstyle? No - you get you are going to get hurt with arrows, ice arrows so probably has to do with you being slowed in the process.

Are we going to argue that 'Predator/Hunter' is an unreadable playstyle? No, you get you are going to get freakin' hunted.

Are we going to argue that 'Berzerker' is an unreadable playstyle? No, you get the fact his character won't give two sh*ts about anything and charge through anything to kill the target he is so thrilled about to kill.

Are we going to argue if 'tension and momention' is an unreadable playstyle? Yes, because we have no idea what it could potentially mean or actually do, thus being unreadable.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
and how exactly her old appearence was clear?!
Wasn't talking about her old appearance - was talking about her new once that clearly has the themes 'karma, yin-yang and spiritualism'

If all of these themes are incorperated into her visual appearance, they should all be reflected into gameplay, instead they've dropped on them alltogether and made a 'tension and momentum playstyle', thus not thematically fitting and being misleading.

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Wouldnt her passive then lower it rly quickly? Cause two R/E's in a teamfight seem abit too strong again i dont know the numbers but the spell itself currently looks strong. Stronger then the other mantra's.

I dont know im just worried she will have too much power in her R/E. Or that Mantra wont rly fit anymore. Again not good with change but thanks for replying.
I hope they will make all of her mantra'ed abilities situatiational so she'll have the choice to use the best one for the situation, something they failed with before