So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
Yea, I get it, but it's just not my main concern. I barely ever read lore though.
Read the above - the point of making a champion is to make it live up to the standards of a good design as much as it can.

With the above I reason what theme was the most readable theme to go for, the most readable theme to use to create a new playstyle for Karma, instead they've chosen the path of this weird, abstract and misleading playstyle of 'tension and momentum' which barely has anything to do with her as a character, watering down her thematic unity and screwing her readability.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
What concerns me more is that they took the laziest way possible of buffing her instead of exploiting the potential that was already there in her kit and tweaking it to be something unique. Now she is just a generic stun + 2 nukes AP carry.
By the way this also has entirely to do with theme.

Why is Ashe not generic in terms of mechanics? Because she has the theme of frost archer, you know why that makes her interesting? Because it enables to be a character that can shoot a giant freakin' arrow of ice that stuns people.

Why is Karma now generic? Her theme is muddied, there is no central characteristic outstanding theme which converts her into a 'well ive got some abilities slapped on to me' design.

It was entirely my point with 'the feeling that people have that karma rework is entirely a new generic mage champion and not Karma at all'

All of these things are narrowly associated with each other dude and you can break it into science/solid analysis of where the problem lies :)

Lycaeus

03-18-2013

I'm pissed off she's going to be losing her heal cone.

Teamslash

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithNexus View Post
I'm pissed off she's going to be losing her heal cone.
Seriously, that was her best team ability. Might as well play leona or janna now.

Letler

03-18-2013

We'll see how she actually plays but from her ability kit it doesnt feel that Karma-y too me. Other champion remakes retained most of what made them unique. I dunno why they decided to keep spirit bond type ability considering it was most contentious boring and hated. Instead they replaced her iconic healing cone with a skill shot slow? It's like Lulu + Lux gave birth to another skill.

Q = Lulu skill shot slow + lux aoe damage/slow
W = leblanc chain + fiddle drain
E = an actual karma skills
R = 1 mantra?

I dunno, if she plays like Karma I will like it. To me Karma was a very active low cooldown champion about positioning and making saves and clutch heals. Well clutch heal is gone so... still hope she is very active. Unlike a champion like Nami who has crazy cooldowns and doesn't do a lot after her initial kit burst.

hi its jimbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.
And Irelia? Oh you harass her until she's lower than you? Nope, W, Q, E for stun, and you're dead. :O

There should be a nerf joke somewhere in here ...

LoveDungeon

03-18-2013

Uhm. W.T.F. Why is her new kit so freakin close to lulu. a line skillshot that slows, a shield that increases speed? we have seen this all before how is this an improvement when you just removed the things that she had which were unique. and now she has a freaking morg ult as a normal skill.

she will either be boring. or op. i am disappoint. her ally tether and sheild were great and mostly unique, i dont get why you would ruin that to give her lame repeated spells. gg riot.

LoveDungeon

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letler View Post
Q = Lulu skill shot slow + lux aoe damage/slow
W = leblanc chain + fiddle drain
E = an actual karma skills
R = 1 mantra?
Actually the E is also a lulu clone. Sheild that gives speed boost, minus the ap.

Alyssian993

03-18-2013

Why you people stop crying and began to complain after try Karma ingame?

LoveDungeon

03-18-2013

Why is there no release date.