So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesonomi

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
She still has Mantra.

THE WILD SCARIZARD FLED!
Is this the same Mantra that currently exists, or at least is similar, or is a whole new skill with a long cooldown?

Kawaiido

03-06-2013

Seriously...why are people complaining about an exposed LEG?

If they saw a nipple they would die instantly.

Keep downvoting you prudes.

Ur All Big Nabs

03-06-2013

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally!

now do poppy next!

Kazuichi Souda

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shentok View Post
So... does this mean that I can't enjoy her as a support as I have done for 2 years?
No no! This means that you can enjoy her as the support you've been playing her for years, but Karma can also be played in mid more socially acceptably! I mean, she CAN do it, but now this time people won't ***** at you or throw the game because of it!

(it's happened multiple times to me ;; )

Mensonges

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridos View Post
Except that the "more edgy" "alpha" is a direct contradiction to what she was originally supposed to be. The point of the champion, not to mention the name itself, is balance. Poise. Inner peace. None of your "badass magical leader" BS.

Frankly I'm not happy with how these red posts seem to be re-imagining Ionia as a broken, divided, and wounded nation instead of how it was previously: a country united, even when beaten down and conquered. Karma was the symbol of that... an outward expression of inner calm and peace that isn't destroyed by Noxian depredations. Now she looks all badass... and not at all like a symbol of what I used to love about Ionia.

My thoughts exactly.
I have no right to be surprised and appalled but I really am.
There's obviously a lot of effort put forth in this redesign but no thought. "Traditional" Karma looks terrible, mashed up and chaotic and all the "omg buying her right now xDDD" in this thread will play her just as much as they did before.

I'm really disappointed, Riot. Here you've come dumping a Donte in the laps of few but largely devoted fans. I can only hope her kit isn't just as mangled.

Sasnak

03-06-2013

I don't understand why the rework needs to do away with her fans though...even in her lore, the fans are pretty crucial...I am just very disappointed that they will be done away with. Even if this new version does look nice, it isn't Karma. This is a new champ...I feel quite wronged as someone who actually LIKED Karma enough to make her my first major purchase as a champ when I began playing. While I agree that she needs a playstyle update...I wasn't so sold on the visual update, (I thought she looked fine as is...).

I won't argue that this doesn't look nice as a visual upgrade...but the exclusion of the fans really depresses me...you are taking out too large of a part of what makes Karma what she is now, which, mind you, some people actually DO enjoy/like, and are turning her into something completely different.

Rubs me the wrong way...I know I can't be the only loyal Karma player who feels this way, either. =/

Mattarias

03-06-2013

Yeah, I would prefer her Traditional skin only get given to people who have owned her for like, three months, at least.

But thanks, Riot. Will you at least keep her current iteration "Canon", and write in something about her awakening and transforming into what we see now? Please?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
She had her visual upgrade already.
You can put lipstick on a pig, and it is still a pig. Also, her skins completely suck....

Lex Domino

03-06-2013

The new karma skin is better than the old one. You should make the old one free and the new one a purchasable.

If it's default I'll probably never use it since I don't like using default skins.

TootlesTheGoon

03-06-2013

This looks absolutely fantastic.
My hats off to you, Riot. Well done.