So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihaveapotion

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
Yeah sorry, that's not Soraka...do you know how to support ?
No being gold season 2 and sometimes duoqing together in diamond elo with one of the highest ranked adcs EUW, me maining support... i have no idea how to support mate.

disregard all i say about supporting im a huge noob.

Melancholy Exile

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energymonstar View Post
Granted, I have not tried the remake yet, but just from reading it, Karma has lost all her utility.
Q: Slow with the potential for an AoE slowing field
W: Potential single-target root
E: Shield, with a speed boost, that can potentially be applied to multiple targets

She can still slow the entire enemy team
She can still speed up her entire team
She can still healbait enemies who try and tower dive her
She can still shield herself when tower dived or give her entire team ablative health during a teamfight

The circumstances are different, certainly, but how has she "lost all her utility"?

Helyous

03-16-2013

Ok, I believe I also am allowed to give my opinion.

Morello, as you can see many fans are arguing to how Karma doesn't carry her fans anymore. May I give a small sugestion that could solve sayid problem easily?

Karma never really needed her fans, they were more like an accessory, so why don't you attach a fan to her belt. When she stays idle for a bit long time she would take the fan and refresh herself with it. Done. Doesn't change her playstyle and keeps the goddamn fan.

What do you think?

Aoiboshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Riot, please listen to the die hard karma fans... Her original kit was actually a very original idea, only her mantra really needed a rework, and maybe giving her the ability to shield her team, but that was made less of a problem with items. please let her heal her team again. this rework goes against all that karma stands for.

Lilly

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyirx View Post
I miss her AoE Heal. She's the only champion besides Soraka who can heal the entire team. ;(
Well, there's Janna too, and Alistar. But the former's heal has an extremely hard time when the enemy team has diving bruisers and siege mages and assassins, and the latter's heal is fairly weak and feels a minor part of the character overall.

Karma (as current), was somewhat more resilient to being 'blown up', waded deep into the thick of battle with her allies, and was able to very effectively heal the people who were taking the most damage to a 'reasonable level' due to the %missing health property in the AoE.

I really have no idea what champion to pick in an all bruiser team where mid, support, or top lane are open, and the enemy has people like Akali or Diana in it. Soraka, Janna, and Alistar all fulfill that 'sustain your team' niche to an extent, but Karma had by far the highest damage of the lot, and was a solid 'all around' or 'middle of the road' champion as far as tankiness went.

Maybe I'll take AD/CDR Sion mid

FantasyTrickster

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
anyone who owns Karma before her relaunch will get this Traditional Karma skin for free:
What about those of us who bought her skins as well? What will happen to them? Will they be removed and unusable? Will they be replaced? Refunded?

Exacerberus

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Inspire is a basic ally-targeted shield - can be cast on self, ally champions and allied minions/pets (basically anything you can use Lulu's shield on). Defiance will give the basic Inspire shield to whomever she targets, then additionally radiates out the bonus shield to nearby allied champions - what this means is whoever you use Defiance on will get Base + Bonus shield, and allies in range will only get Bonus. I hope that makes it clear!
So basically Mantra'ed Inspire is... Yo dawg I put a shield in your shield? That sounds a bit weird, but oh well one has to make the best of thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyTrickster View Post
What about those of us who bought her skins as well? What will happen to them? Will they be removed and unusable? Will they be replaced? Refunded?
Reading the answer ITT is so hard. Googling too hard as well.

cocacolalips

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energymonstar View Post
Other then that, Karma is THE BEST support for BRUISERS not ADC. In fact, i honestly thought that was her intended design.
Not only bruisers, any melee champion with some kind of good dash/jump/fling/pull.
My favourite soulmate is Katarina.

Spirit Bond her butt -> Shunpo in behind the Enemy -> damage/slow from SpiritBond -> Katarina W/R -> Bomb shield + Wave
It's so strong, feels so good; the synergy is fantastic.

Other champions I really enjoy playing with as Karma: Renekton, Talon, Tryndamere, Wukong, Shen, Volibear, Malphite, Jarvan, Singed

Gawd, she looks so conventional now, it's going to be lame.
It looks like they have sucked all the depth out of her. You don't even have to target your shield anymore. Whoa.

Melancholy Exile

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyTrickster View Post
They'll be graphically updated like all other skins for characters who received visual upgrades.

FantasyTrickster

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
They'll be graphically updated like all other skins for characters who received visual upgrades.
Excellent. I didn't want to lose those skins, but I guess I'll accept re-worked skins xD