So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hotfire

03-16-2013

I'm very happy with her new kit and look, (I think, not on pbe yet!) But if she's done pretty much, can we see her skins?

Pulled Pork

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
She needs one of two things:

1) Percentile damage. All champions with no ultimate current possess a percentilely effect (current Karma is a percentile heal). This seems like a mandatory feature of a champion with only basic abilities, as it means they scale.

2) The ability to double-up her abilities. So Q1+R+Q2 instantly (similar to Rengar). This would overrule the previous issue, as she would have 4 abilities (albeit one of them twice).

While she looks nice, I think she's going to feel underwhelming late game.
She needs to be left alone. She is fine. Go fix the 9001 other problems plaguing LoL and leave suitable champions alone. I completely destroy with Karma, its not the champion it is simply the players.

Rework her skin, hype her up, redo a champion spotlight on her, get some pro player talking about how awesome she is, then sit back and watch people start playing a champion who has the exact same skills as before.

GoddessHeaven

03-16-2013

Ive been studying her since the the new look came out. I didnt like the look so I never gave her a second look as a champion to play. She's beautiful, and so glad the fans are gone, it didnt fit in. I got her now, and plan to use her alot. Kudo's to you riot for the change that you made to Karma and cant wait for her release

Daedric Masters

03-16-2013

Gonna sound fanboyish here. Guess I am.... I love pre-rework Karma.

All the hate came from people than never understood how she is played because of her unconventional mechanics and insanely high skillcap, from uncoordinated teams that didn't know what to do when she was around, either as support or a mage.
From a generalized, skewed perception of uselessness, when unexperienced people picked her up and could not take full advantage of her potential and brought a team down.

Her kit only needed a few minor tweaks on mantra cooldown and speed/damage adjust on tethers. Shame on all the lazy guys who never even tried to understand, much less master her. This past incarnation will always be underappreciated.

Pulled Pork

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedric Masters View Post
Gonna sound fanboyish here. Guess I am.... I love pre-rework Karma.

All the hate came from people than never understood how she is played because of her unconventional mechanics and insanely high skillcap, from uncoordinated teams that didn't know what to do when she was around, either as support or a mage.
From a generalized, skewed perception of uselessness, when unexperienced people picked her up and could not take full advantage of her potential and brought a team down.

Her kit only needed a few minor tweaks on mantra cooldown and speed/damage adjust on tethers. Shame on all the lazy guys who never even tried to understand, much less master her. This past incarnation will always be underappreciated.
Well said.

Pulled Pork

03-16-2013

Well I don't think she even had an insanely high skill cap. The shield thing is OP on Karma. It did like 300 damage shield, with mantra dealt 300 damage. That is like 600 damage with no ability power. All her ratios are like .7 or something too. Get like 700 ability power on Karma and you will be screaming OP.

Whyumai

03-16-2013

This feels like the death of support Karma.

Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Does seem sad when another support falls

Ansaa

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
This feels like the death of support Karma.

Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Does seem sad when another support falls
Support Karma was already DEAD

DrFantabulous

03-16-2013

I like many aspects of the new workaround.

What happens for those who already bought existing skins?

Personally I liked her 'strut' around the battlefield, i can't tell from the photos but I hope that isn't changed. Also, I did like the long elegant dress, most of the other female champions are short skirts and tops. Not that I'm complaining mind you (hubba hubba) I just thought this made her very unique, and am kind of disappointed to see it go away and to see her falling in line with the other female champions motif. I didn't like the spinning fans around her, happy to see those go away, but the ones she held gave her a very unique walk, I liked them, and also disappointed they will not be in the rework.

Also the ability rework looks really good and well thought out. Her Mantra was hard to keep track of, I think the new mechanic is better. I loved heavenly wave though, and will miss it

soul1355

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

am I the only one bothered by the fact she's about to snap in half? I mean, I'm not saying from a "female role-models blah blah" even, I just mean, in that splash art, you could let out her waist like several inches and she'd still look unhealthily skinny... and maybe a little bit on the model, but that's not even really as bad.