So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrTharne

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPickleton View Post
So let's look at how her abilities have been changed to make her more revolved around "balance"

Old Karma:
Passive: Rewards soaking damage by letting you deal/shield/heal more
Q - Offensive, offensive and defensive when mantra'd
W - Offensive and defensive, doubly so when mantra'd
E - Defensive, defensive and offensive when mantra'd

New Karma
Passive: Rewards only offensive
Q- Offensive, offensive when mantra'd
W - Offensive, offensive when mantra'd
E - Defensive, offensive and defensive when mantra'd

... so riot took a champion that was built around being a balance of offense and defense, made her almost entirely about offense while calling it a fix to her being a support? wut? So shifting her slow to Q, turning W into Fiddle's drain and removing her amazing AoE heal makes her a better support. This rework sounds like it'd be better solotop than support. inb4 downvotes
They said, they wanted her as a support-mage like Morgana, Orianna and Lux.
Also W@mantra heals you, so it has kind of a defensive feel. (not as much as old Q@mantra because it only heals you but still)

BlackMystic

03-16-2013

I'm shocked they didn't bleach her skin like with Nidalee remake

BlackMystic

03-16-2013

Her Q is Lux's light attack...

Her W is Fiddle's Drain

Her E is lux's shield except with damage...

Wouldn't someone just play lux?

Credestrian

03-16-2013

Dunno if Riot is still paying attention to the thread, but if so:

Why do you hate heals so much?

Every single variation of heal has taken a major hit since I've been playing.... Sona has become a walking ult, Soraka not NEARLY the legendary sustain she used to be.. the heal spell itself getting tossed left and right.

I don't know how many players I speak for when I say... I like playing a non-offensive champion. I liked that there used to be champions that it was a bad idea to level 3 tower dive against. One of my favorite LoL moments was running around the tower as Sona, throwing fortify up to keep it alive.. and when the enemy team switched focus to me, I could keep tossing out heals and even though my Ashe, (who was still played at the time) eventually dropped.. it was a 4 for 1.

back in the days when battle Sona was a joke... not the only correct way to play her.

When I heard that Karma was getting her overdue update... the ONLY thing I cared about was her keeping her amazing aoe heal... I could care less about a lore change or a traditional costume or a fan.... I played her to heal... period.

BlackMystic

03-16-2013

Q: Inner Flame Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area.
Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows HEALS ALLIES who pass through it and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

MrTharne

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMystic View Post
Her Q is Lux's light attack...

Her W is Fiddle's Drain

Her E is lux's shield except with damage...

Wouldn't someone just play lux?
Q : wat ? that's not that at all...

W : Fiddle's Drain & Leblanc's tether.

E : LOOOOOOOOOL troll detected.

FrozenMistninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

If you want riot To Keep the FANS! In some form or another, taunt, joke, recall, dance, revival then please keep posting. Riot doesnt understand that the FANS she holds are a symbol of all of the old Karma Players! Because we are The FANS. If you are in the cult of Karma DieHards, then lets get keep letting Riot know! Riot has a very nice history of helping us out when we let them know what we want! Keep the fans in some form Riot, we supported what many called an unfinished champion for 2 years, so please make this sacrifice for us and show us you support the minority of us as well!

Ruthless Sophie

03-16-2013

What will happen to my Sakura Karma skin?

ThermoFusion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPickleton View Post
So let's look at how her abilities have been changed to make her more revolved around "balance"

Old Karma:
Passive: Rewards soaking damage by letting you deal/shield/heal more
Q - Offensive, offensive and defensive when mantra'd
W - Offensive and defensive, doubly so when mantra'd
E - Defensive, defensive and offensive when mantra'd

New Karma
Passive: Rewards only offensive
Q- Offensive, offensive when mantra'd
W - Offensive, offensive when mantra'd
E - Defensive, offensive and defensive when mantra'd

... so riot took a champion that was built around being a balance of offense and defense, made her almost entirely about offense while calling it a fix to her being a support? wut? So shifting her slow to Q, turning W into Fiddle's drain and removing her amazing AoE heal makes her a better support. This rework sounds like it'd be better solotop than support. inb4 downvotes
I'd take the breakdown even farther than that. Just look at all the things that made her a unique champion, that have now been removed:

Original Characterization: based on maturity and sophistication, not sexuality and not even warrior woman, just grace and determination.
New Characterization: blatant addition of *** appeal, reduced clothes, posed like a pin up girl. And somehow Riot says this shows her as a badass leader?

Original Theme: Duality and balance, this was shown in all her abilities, not just talking about balance like the ninja characters.
New: Duality theme completely removed. And is there anything real stand out theme that stands in her previous theme's place? I don't see one...

Original weapon: Used fans as her weapon, which further continued the graceful theme.
New weapon: no fans, just generic magical energy

Original Passive: increased AP with decreased health. No other champion in league had this ability. It created the duality theme of when she is weakened her resolve becomes stronger.
New Passive: Ability damage decreases mantra cooldown. Other champions already have similar abilities. No thematic value at all. Merely a balancing mechanic for her mantra usage.

Original beam: The most unique and team interactive speed buff/de-buff in the game.
New Beam: Tweaked version of LeBlanc's chain. No team interaction available.

If this new "Karma" had been released as a new champion with a new name. Would anyone have noticed a connection to Karma? There isn't much left in common.

Sowned Wayvzz

03-16-2013

Okay so it is inevitable that she is getting a rework, but I am not happy with it at all, yeah its cool that we die hard karma fans get a free skin, but i loved the way she played, If you ran her as a support she could dominate the field, she was effective in big team fights if you built some AP due to her heal being so amazing. Her shield could tank towers as a solo lane as well, if you used her shield with the mantra bonus minions could attack the tower without taking damage, and her heal would heal them so she could single lane take out a tower if her ADC was not there. Not only could karma tank towers but she could tank anyone's speed, or boost it for that matter! She played the best in my opinion as a support only, I hate how you guys are making her something we who love and play her won't, you are making karma like every other mage/support champion in the game and that is terrible. I for one do not think you guys did good on this one.