So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gen Nakazora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Alright, now that the minion shield is covered, I can get to my opinion without any distractions.

I don't like. I don't hate, but I don't like.
Her Q is cool, but as many people stated, she lost her heal.
Her W... feels like you saw the Spirit Bond before, and decided it was terrible, so you gave her Leblanc's chains, with a buff. Feels... lazy.
Her E... Well, still a shield boom, so no complaints.
Having R level? Don't care. I just liked having an ability at 3 by 8, and shield at 4. Helps more than you'd think sometimes.
Auto Attack range. Meh, she had no range before. Didn't stop me then.
Passive. Meh. I don't like, but could be worse. Inner Fire was much better. And unless Mantra has a big cooldown, which it shouldn't be TOO big, considering how its used, then it seems wasted.
So overall... better than I expected. But still don't like.

Aoiboshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Nakazora View Post
Alright, now that the minion shield is covered, I can get to my opinion without any distractions.

I don't like. I don't hate, but I don't like.
Her Q is cool, but as many people stated, she lost her heal.
Her W... feels like you saw the Spirit Bond before, and decided it was terrible, so you gave her Leblanc's chains, with a buff. Feels... lazy.
Her E... Well, still a shield boom, so no complaints.
Having R level? Don't care. I just liked having an ability at 3 by 8, and shield at 4. Helps more than you'd think sometimes.
Auto Attack range. Meh, she had no range before. Didn't stop me then.
Passive. Meh. I don't like, but could be worse. Inner Fire was much better. And unless Mantra has a big cooldown, which it shouldn't be TOO big, considering how its used, then it seems wasted.
So overall... better than I expected. But still don't like.
What this guys said... I really don't like her change to the q. The ability to shield your entire team is nice, but the aoe heal while doing aoe damage at the same time as dealing aoe damage while shielding one teammate is what made her awesome. She really just needed the shield-entire-team option.

crowcawer

03-16-2013

I'm excited.

Over my opening season I've played nearly every free champion--karma hasn't been one I remember, but that's ok! I see that while many champions have very specific roles some can be a little more open ended. As in blitz using his arm to initiate every team combat by trying to do a "everyone hit him!" move quickly, Ashe not being afraid to throw an arrow across the map, &tc.

I have to say, we will have to play her to really feel the break down in game. When I read teemo I thought he would be the worst playable character since ET. I'm always open for game changing, world shaking, new ideas.

Change is good!

CatEyed

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Is the new kit envisioned to be support or ap?
AP is my guess

crowcawer

03-16-2013

After dipping my nose into the creek bed on my first season, I see that many gameplay aspects that I know are far over my boundaries as a player to bring to the forefront of my knowledge of being able to call a whole game at the ten second mark.
I might be able to say at the ten minute mark.

I won't be able to say what this means to me until I get to play her after the revamp. She sounds good. Really good actually, with the heal/tether/root, the shield, and the three builds I'm making in my head for her... I will have to play her a few times to get it all ironed out

Keep the game moving!

HypirionForge

03-16-2013

I too think that Karma's heal + shield was what made her useful in the first place. It gave her sustain and usefuleness in teamfights. Slow is nice with a possible root, but that sounds like a bit of trouble to keep people in place and hard CC is just so much better (think gap closing champions vs slow). Unless her ratios are simply ridiculous, I feel that she will be worthless and again outclassed by others. Please consider giving back her aoe heal. Thanks.

JinjinGG

03-16-2013

I would say AP solo or possibly support

MadhatClemens

03-16-2013

I don't understand why people are complaining about Karma's loss of heal. There are champions without heals that work fine as supports.

People are choosing not to look at the benefits (the increase of damage and the AOE SHIELD) over this fact. You don't need a heal so much when your support can initiate the fight in bot lane, tank the damage due to her healing chain, and deal enough damage to make your AD carry's kill so much easier.

Also, they are trying to encourage people to play her in different lanes. She had great damage before, and I doubt that'll be different.

Alice Twilight

03-16-2013

I'm not sure you guys know what it is karma players like about karma. Like at all. I usually don't suggest pandering to a narrow group of people but in this case I'm making a (needed and deserved) exception.

LordPickleton

03-16-2013

So let's look at how her abilities have been changed to make her more revolved around "balance"

Old Karma:
Passive: Rewards soaking damage by letting you deal/shield/heal more
Q - Offensive, offensive and defensive when mantra'd
W - Offensive and defensive, doubly so when mantra'd
E - Defensive, defensive and offensive when mantra'd

New Karma
Passive: Rewards only offensive
Q- Offensive, offensive when mantra'd
W - Offensive, offensive when mantra'd
E - Defensive, offensive and defensive when mantra'd

... so riot took a champion that was built around being a balance of offense and defense, made her almost entirely about offense while calling it a fix to her being a support? wut? So shifting her slow to Q, turning W into Fiddle's drain and removing her amazing AoE heal makes her a better support. This rework sounds like it'd be better solotop than support. inb4 downvotes