So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkondrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenMistninja View Post
This is gonna hurt
I Hope you brought some medication
I'm seething with calmness
How dare you interrupt my meditation
Im Self Sustaining my inner flame burns bright
They call me Karma because I control your quality of life
Think no one plays me?
My popularity has no equal
I got the most fans in the whole league and they're all lethal
So bring your whole clan and your family and we'll brawl people
I kill Noxians from a sound sleep cause' they're all feeble
It may be harsh, but we're past negotiation
I was prepared to tolerate everything short of a full invasion
Killed most of my village and I'm here to balance the equation
Not a Natural warrior but you forced me to defend my nation
And on occasion I might even enjoy it a bit
cause no matter what you do we'll always have our spirit
My strength lies in my brethren and I'm happy to lead'em
Cause you can take our lives, but you can never take our freedom
Not here to weather the storms I'm here to calm them
And if your team's around you should alarm them
Our victory is assured I got a plan
I'm farmed up and it's about to hit the fan
My power's a secret, quiet agent of aggression
You can call me Bond, Spirit Bond 007
I can play multiple lanes so I use my discretion
but no matter where I end up you end up in depression
cause you can try to kill me, but failure is assured
the more health I lose, the more my shield endures
and if you try to dive me, well I'll just wave politely
Use a mantra charge, and live everytime while your death is likely
That was embarassing, I bet your team reports you
It looked pretty intentional, it was so easy to thwart you
I know you rarely see me but you could look me up
You play like you've got the brain capacity of a dixie cup
I'm so enlightened I'm pretty sure I flouresce
You need to borrow some gold? Seems I have an excess
Now that I'm fed there's absolutely no stress
I can't believe how easy it was to destroy you in this ridiculous dress
Not here to weather the storms I'm here to calm them
And if your team's around you should alarm them
Our victory is assured I got a plan
I'm farmed up and it's about to hit the fan

If you want riot To Keep the FANS! In some form or another, taunt, joke, recall, dance, revival then please keep posting. Riot doesnt understand that the FANS she holds are a symbol of all of the old Karma Players! Because we are The FANS. If you know the song lyrics by badministrator called hit the fan posted above, then you are in the cult of Karma DieHards! Keep the fans in some form Riot, we supported what many called an unfinished champion for 2 years, so please make this sacrifice for us and show us you support the minority of us as well!
Keep the old Karma alive!!!

ThermoFusion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

So her passive is a Skarner ripoff and her tether is a LeBlanc ripoff. Can we not do that please... Anything different for that tether please...

BadgerDrool

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
*beats face against wall*

She's a mid champ!
Reminder. Larias did 50 Karma games. He wound up with a 43% win rate. He massively preferred and did much better in mid. For a damn reason.

So I don't know why he's getting downvotes.

Megaherz

03-15-2013

I loved the original Karma, and it looks I'm going to love the new one!

Good job.

Also, PLEASE tell me you kept her walk animation. Best walk in all of LoL.

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Old Karma had issues. What were they?

Karma’s kit was in a weird place, but her ultimate was especially problematic. Her base abilities didn’t feel impactful and only felt effective when supercharged by Mantra. On top of that, when Karma had two charges of Mantra, we had to make both of them weaker to compensate for players double casting empowered spells.

The changes we made to Karma’s kit focused on making each decision fun and meaningful while giving her abilities the focus they needed to perform her intended role. We kept the “empowering”-type gameplay of Mantra, but instead of waiting around for it to recharge, Karma’s basic attacks and abilities now lower Mantra’s cooldown. This rewards aggressive play so you can “buyback” her ultimate. Also, we gave Mantra a single charge to pump extra power into each cast. We also made sure Mantra empowers Karma’s abilities in drastically different ways, leading to more impactful decision-making and a better feeling of accomplishment when you pull off the right move at the right time.

Why was she hard to place in team comps?

Karma had the offensive tools to support her team in small skirmishes but not the powerful defensive abilities she needed to protect a team. Also, her all-purpose abilities are so broad they never felt like the right choice in any situation. All in all, Karma lacked direction.

Why isn’t Karma fun?

The effectiveness of Karma’s abilities relied too heavily on your teammates knowing all their nuances. No matter how hard you were carrying with Karma, your teammates had to be just as good with her for you to be super effective. When an ally’s confused about whether or not he should run from or pass through your Spirit Bond, we probably made a mistake.

What did we like about Karma?

Despite all the Mantra hate we’ve got going on, we actually think the concept is pretty kickass. It’s unique and character-defining to old Karma, and augmenting her abilities with an immense surge of Ionian will is visually and thematically fun. We also liked how Karma could turn the tables on her opponents with abilities that provided defensive bonuses and had hidden offensive power. Finally, Spirit Bond’s “clothesline” gameplay is really cool, but it’d work better on a tank champion that has an easier time jumping into the fray.

Karma’s new role

Originally envisioned as a support, Karma’s fringe successes actually came from players using her in the top or mid lanes as an AP burst mage with support abilities, much like Zilean or Morgana. We like this direction and want to encourage you to boost both her offensive and support abilities by building AP. We also want to make sure she can hold her own as a solo or with a lane partner.

Finally, we’ve updated her skills so allies are reliant on Karma, but Karma’s not reliant on them. She’s got enough power at her fingertips to feel strong as a mage or as a support without teammates having to work in perfect concert for you to be effective.

So without further ado… here’s Karma’s new kit:

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Passive.jpg[/aws3]

Passive: Gathering Fire – Hitting enemy champions with Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_R.jpg[/aws3]

R: Mantra – Empowers Karma’s abilities, adding an extra effect to the next ability cast.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Q.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Q_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

Q: Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_W.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_W_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

W: Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_E.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_E_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

E: Inspire – Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Defiance – Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.
All completely based on Riot's opinion. DON'T CHANGE KARMA FOR THE WORST.

KyliaL

03-15-2013

omg karmas comin!

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

"The effectiveness of Karma’s abilities relied too heavily on your teammates knowing all their nuances. No matter how hard you were carrying with Karma, your teammates had to be just as good with her for you to be super effective. When an ally’s confused about whether or not he should run from or pass through your Spirit Bond, we probably made a mistake."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35632395

THIS IS TRUE WITH EVERY CHAMP IN THE LEAGUE!

Zentenk

03-15-2013

No healing wave? Enemy target only tether?

Man, I have gone 6-0 with my Karma in the last 6 games I played with her, and I had someone else play Karma and she dominated that game. I don't understand what the huge problem is with her, other than people not knowing wtf they are doing. Oh, I know... because people are selfish and expect to take teams down on their own. I loved playing with a friend as Udyr and having him rip through towers taking minimal health and keeping constant pressure on the enemy. Giving Singed a huge speed boost so he can toss them into the tether and I make him way more powerful than he is. That **** isn't happening anymore I guess, gotta make her a selfish champ for all the other **** players to enjoy.

Also, someone said riots remakes are always better? Show us a game where we were able to test old vs new so we can really tell. I bet I would destroy a new Karma with the old.

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoFusion View Post
So her passive is a Skarner ripoff and her tether is a LeBlanc ripoff. Can we not do that please... Anything different for that tether please...

KNEW KARMA ISN'T KARMA!!!

Down vote all posts welcoming the rework! We can NOT have this happen to a UNIQUE and POWERFUL classic Champ.

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentenk View Post
No healing wave? Enemy target only tether?

Man, I have gone 6-0 with my Karma in the last 6 games I played with her, and I had someone else play Karma and she dominated that game. I don't understand what the huge problem is with her, other than people not knowing wtf they are doing. Oh, I know... because people are selfish and expect to take teams down on their own. I loved playing with a friend as Udyr and having him rip through towers taking minimal health and keeping constant pressure on the enemy. Giving Singed a huge speed boost so he can toss them into the tether and I make him way more powerful than he is. That **** isn't happening anymore I guess, gotta make her a selfish champ for all the other **** players to enjoy.

HERE! HERE! I see this all the time! WHY THE CHANGES RIOT?!?! IT IS NOT NEEDED! KARMA IS GREAT!!!!!