So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Too Much Mayo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-15-2013

When you say that her E shields an "ally," does that mean champions AND minions or just champions? I'm wondering because I like to use her shield nuke on a minion when the enemy gets close to last hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

limbrok

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinta Calvert View Post
Because we've seen the pictures. That's a straight line.
I stand corrected.

However, I think her combo will be even more fun and just as rewarding.

W self -> E -> R -> Q

W makes you win trades by shielding any return damage they may try. E damages them and then roots them at the end. And an enhanced Q slows them and deals tons of damage after a short time period while they are rooted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regina George

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Why doesn't she have a heal anymore? and why are most of her spells single target? She heals herself with matra'd W, how selfish!

You say that her fans/dress didn't make sense and now you rework everything and it still doesn't make sense.

Leader you say?

Q- single target slow | Mantra: AoE slow
W- single target DoT + snare | Mantra: single target DoT + snare + single target heal
E- single target shield + ms | Mantra AoE dmg + AoE shield + AoE ms
R- what R?
Passive- N/A

does this seriously sound like a "leader" to you? honestly, she looks like a close-ranged Lux to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
I think that's the skill with the most "leadership" feeling in all LoL skills, so yeah.
Just on one spell? old Karma had it in all her spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyson View Post
Karma's best wave clear was/is mantra E -> Q. unless you were unconventional and tethered a minion to run around the wave for damage, then Q the wave to REALLY conserve that mantra stack. But yeah, her wave clear definitely involves Mantra now, and looks like it still will, since the tether method will be unviable if the tether only damages your target.
But with the new mantra would you rly risk losing that for a wave clear, it all seems to depend on the CD. But from what i can currently see all you have for wave clears is your Q and AA. And thats kinda crappy from where im sitting lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-15-2013

took the time to type this up on my argument and thoughts of why Karma doesn't need a full rework and just needs a QoL update. Here it is and thank you to those who read and comment.

I'm level 30 with 1400+ games under my belt about 70-100 are karma. She is a VERY hard champ to play, but also way more rewarding than anyone else if played correctly. Well over half of those games were mid and I have NEVER lost LANE as Karma. Her long range harass, high damage, minion heals, and slow/speedup/supershield escapes makes her one of the most fun characters in the game after you learn her. Her kit is wonderful for early game harass, mid game saves and enemy catches, and late game poke and saves.

Ex: team fight is happening in a jungle, your team is ahead and enemy team starts to turn to run, cast tether on the farthest champion you can click then any team mate is sped up (which should be all of them with good positioning since you're in jungle) and that enemy plus other enemies will be severely slowed, especially if you mantra'd. Your shield can save your adc or give your Jax, vi, olaf, xin, whoever on your team has to dive the enemy adc, the hp to survive and take him down. While your heal can do massive damage and if used late with a mantra can save your high health teammates while escaping.

That's just one teamfight example where you only have to use two mantra, and you get to save several team mates as well as securing kills that would have been missed without you.

In lane Karma is amazing at long range harass and denying cs from the opposition. She is also a quick pusher and safe farmer.

additional pros of karma
-shield minions while attacking a tower so you can get more auto attacks in
-heal minions last second to deny cs from enemy laner
-long range harass when shield is used with mantra
-very heavy shield to assist melee champs
-speed up that does very high dmg and slow, combined with shield makes your melee diver a very scary person that can catch, slow, and drop even more dmg into their own burst.
-if roaming for a gank with or without jungler can drop a heavy slow and quick burst while using shield on the person who tanks the tower if dive is needed (which normally won't because of the slow/speed up)
-and my all time favorite SEVERELY underestimated so when you dominate the other team has no idea how to react and counter you

these changes are wrecking what Karma is and turning her into an entirely different champion.

P.S. i think support Karma is rubbish compared to mid Karma.
P.P.S. If you read this and think I'm making that all up, karma is an uterly useless champion and cannot be played that way then it merely shows you have never seen karma played nor played her yourself properly. I can only understand this change if they are removing karma from a mid champ and forcing her into support role. If that is the case I would ask that a champion very close to old Karma be released geared towards a mid champ, because I and the few others who love her, would never want to give up such a fun undervalued champ to surprise people with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPudding

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarizard View Post
oh yeah, this is probably important to mention - her aa range is 525 at the moment. Not gonna give homegirl incentives to aggressively aa and keep her at the old numbers! Take inspire and level 1 and enjoy just training people with her super awesome auto attack!

Also i've edited the main post to clarify, but inner flame is aoe. the slow and damage is applied around the unit you first strike with it, making it possibly to trigger gathering fire multiple times if you manage to snipe a group of enemy champions!
tell me whats her dance?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Much Mayo View Post
When you say that her E shields an "ally," does that mean champions AND minions or just champions? I'm wondering because I like to use her shield nuke on a minion when the enemy gets close to last hit.
I hope she can still shield allied champions, allied minions and herself. It wouldn't be anything like Soul Shield if she couldn't...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrTharne

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bunny View Post
E Mantra AoE dmg + AoE shield + AoE ms
does this seriously sound like a "leader" to you?
I think that's the skill with the most "leadership" feeling in all LoL skills, so yeah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regina George

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
I think that's the skill with the most "leadership" feeling in all LoL skills, so yeah.
Just on one spell? old Karma had it in all her spells.

team heal on Q
team speed boost on W
single target shield + massive aoe dmg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
I just realize that if you want to invade, she's broken, i mean E@mantra is just insane lvl 1. (even more than before)
Depends on base dmg/shield and on ratio's. AoE shield probably means low ratios and base else extreemly OP.